Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Liberal base school and this my honest review also I am following the 1st amendment

new tech high @ coppell is one of the best schools in the area. My son love it.

My daughter has been at New Tech for the past 4 years and will graduate this year. She has had an incredible experience in all respects. They offer an advanced education that can't compare to a typical high school. Because the classes are small, the educators truly know each one of their students. Parents are very involved and work seamlessly with Directors and Facilitators to accomplish huge tasks - all of which benefit our children. These kids are graduating with honors, but most important, they are very self aware. They know they can push themselves to accomplish challenges they would never have been able to do without the backing of this tremendous school. They learn the value of giving back to our community and the world. My daughter was accepted to every school she applied i.e. Vanderbilt, Purdue, UT and A&M. She is well prepared, articulate and not afraid to advocate for herself. We are very fortunate to have this "public" school in our community and my husband and I are grateful for the positive high school experience afforded our daughter.

Even if you live in the Coppell ISD distrixt it can still be tricky to get your children into this school. I like that the approach is much more applicable to real world skills. Speaking, teamwork, thinking critically and learning how to deal with people and joint deadlines are all skills of successful people. There is far more to learning than books and academics; communication, character and leadership are key and I feel that the school and its approach refines this in its students as I certainly see a difference already in my child's confidence. Good Job. "A"

Good school, great environment and nice staff. The negative aspects are that my son is on lap top all the time, I am not sure if he is studying or playing! Home work is related with other class partners which sometimes be late which affects my son performance and grading. I recently knew that some learners go to the web and copy paste the answers for the math subject which really worried me about what would my son learn from that? You have to be Coppell ISD residence to your kid to enroll which really limits my home buying options. After all My kid love it .

New Tech is overall a good school, but it's not without its flaws. Some of the best teachers I've ever had are at New Tech. Some of them are very passionate about what they're doing and they can really get you to think and express your opinions about all sorts of issues. On the other hand, there are some teachers who use "independence" and "student-driven learning" as excuses to not teach. Often the students don't know what's going on. Also at New Tech we waste a ton of time. Sometimes we are given an assignment that takes literally five minutes, and the rest of the time everyone goofs off. For half of every Wednesday, we have an advisory, which in my opinion is a complete waste of time. It's basically a socializing period. Another problem with New Tech is that because of the group projects, you can get an A in a class and not understand one bit of it. The grading system is quite subjective and not always accurate. Also, the bells-and-whistles aspects of projects (such as editing videos) often takes precedence over the actual academic content of the project, so there is more busywork. On the bright side, New Tech has taught me to be innovative, proactive, and more thoughtful.

New Tech is an exceptional learning environment. The guiding principals involve project-based learning involving student (learner) collaboration, research, review, and ultimately project presentation to other learners, teachers (facilitators) and business leaders in the community. Gone is the traditional learning environment where a teacher stands in the front of the classroom teaching the subject. Facilitators introduce the topic and learners do the research from their school-issued laptop. The principal (director) and facilitator leadership and commitment is exceptional. The facilitators make it fun to learn. The school is small and facilitator/learner ratio is lower than most Texas public high schools. Each year this school has a wait list of learners wanting to get into the program. This out-of-the-box high school program definitely prepares students for the real world college and working environment.

I can't say enough positive words about this school. It is an outstanding learning opportunity for a child who is willing to truly engage and learn. This is NOT for a student who needs to be told what to do every minute - this is for a higher level thinker or at least one who is open to this type of thinking/learner. The administration and staff are some of the most enthusiastic, student centered and well-educated in the country. These kids are learning to be independent thinkers and will be some of the most valued college students and employees. I'm thrilled to have this as an option in our community. This type of learning is building strong minds and utilizing talents untapped in a more traditional learning environment. I would give it 10 stars if I could!

This school is really great and helps me learn in an engaging way. We don't just sit around in a desk everyday we do real world situations and have fun while learning.

This school is great. I love it as a student. Recommend it to everyone.

Last modified New Tech High School At Coppell is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.