Coppell, TX

Posted August 10, 2015
We just finished our 5th grade year at Pinkerton, an IB candidate school. We were beyond impressed with how our child grew this year. The 5th grade program concludes with an exhibition towards the end of the school year. The students were so well versed on their topic and had amazing presentation skills. Wonderful program! We've enjoyed seeing the changes they've made at this school to incorporate the IB curriculum, which develops the whole child as an inquirer and global citizen. Great parent community too!

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughter's 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Hope is awesome. She takes time to identify the strengths of every student in her class and works with each and every one of her students to help them achieve their greatest potential. She is truly a remarkable teacher and one of the greatest teachers I've come across in a very long time.

Posted May 31, 2013
Pinkerton has been home for our two children. We've found the staff to be innovative and encouraging. They have innovated recently with International Night and have unique extra-cirricular acticities such as Marimba band and after-school science and art classes. Pinkerton's IB Curriculum introduced this year has also further inspired our kids' learning. We highly recommend the school.

Pinkerton Elementary School 3

Posted April 13, 2011
I will agree that the office staff is very rude. I'm looking for other opcion for my kids next schoolar year. I don't want to deal with them anymore. I am very dissapointed in Pinkerton.

Pinkerton Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2011
This is a district that loses a significant amt of money to Robinhood. However, after telling the kids to "just say no" during Red Ribbon Week, they turn around and sell alcohol at the school auction to benefit the students. This sends a mixed and very wrong message to the students. However, three wine baskets bring in a lot of money and apparently, money is more important than ethics. Very sad!

Posted August 13, 2009
This school has changed my entire outlook on public school. We came from a private school and my daugher is doing beter now than ever before.

Pinkerton Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2009
I will agree that the office staff is rude.But everyone else there is helpful an kind.

Pinkerton Elementary School 1

Posted December 19, 2008
I am very dissapointed in Pinkerton - I had much higher expectations for this school and regret my child attended there. My child's teachers and the support staff treated him as though he could not be a successful student because his reading abilities were low. This resulted in my child feeling so incredibly poor about himself. It took a lot of work at home and work with his current teacher to rebuild his self-esteem. I got the impression that the teachers and staff at Pinkerton expected all students to develop at the same rate and any deviation meant your child could not be successful. The previous reviewer stated that the office staff is rude - I'd have to agree. The only place I would differ is that I felt the AP was always very friendly - she was one of the few friendly people there.

Pinkerton Elementary School

Posted November 12, 2008
I'm very disappointed with the office/principal staff, they have a nasty attitude, they dont even greet you or welcome you. Assitant principal very rude attitude as well. The teacher is very nice, thank God.... Dont expect too much... my expectations were very high at first but i have learned that not everything that shines is gold :(

Posted October 17, 2005
A wonderful school for all types of students. Staff is dedicated to children and make learning- a lot of fun. My children have been at this school since they were both in Kindergarten. I always feel like the staff is extended family. They really care about each individual child and their learning style. Case in point- I have an ADD child who I do not want to medicate with stimulants. The teacher was supportive of this decision and said she would do anything feasible to assist my child with learning. Most teacher's would have insisted on medication asap. Great Principal and staff.

Pinkerton Elementary School
260 Southwestern Boulevard, Coppell, TX  75019
Last modified Pinkerton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinkerton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top