Posted September 29, 2014
We just moved to Coppell from Dallas this past summer. I had heard amazing things about East and especially the principal, Ms. Springer, before we even started looking for a house. I didn't know how fortunate we were to be able to move into the area zoned for East. My child is shy and reserved and he has had a very positive experience at East. They challenge the kids, but also realize they are 6th graders and still transitioning from elementary. Ms. Springer displays the shadow of a leader and is positive, enthusiastic and knows how to manage a middle school. She knows all the learners names and greets them with a smile. I cannot say enough about this school and so glad we made the move for our kid's education.

Posted May 05, 2013
I am a student about to finish 6th grade at CMS East. My parents are trying to buy a house and every time they ask me if West or North is okay, I yell "NO!" I moved to this district this year and I still miss all my friends from last year, but East has made me feel like a part of their family. Our motto this year is "Everybody is somebody at East." The teachers are all amazingly nice. I have no problem at all with all 7 of them. My choir instructor is leaving this year, and when she broke the news, half the class started crying because we all loved her so much. The principal, Ms. Springer, is AWESOME! She knows every single child's name in the school. Overall, it is the best school- or should I say family-I have ever been in. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted July 01, 2012
I am currently going to 8th grade at CMSE and have greatly enjoyed these years here. Our principal is amazing and cares about everyone.

Posted May 19, 2011
This school is far more than just a school, it is a family. Kids love going there and enjoy their time there. Most teachers are fantastic (of course there are always some exceptions), the curriculum is exceptional, and the coaches of the athletics are over and beyond in what they do for the kids. What really makes this school the wonderful, fun learning and loving enviorment it is is the best principal ever to be in charge of a school. Laura Springer is an inspiration and a constant loving friend to every single last kid in the school.

Posted August 12, 2010
My son went to this school for the 6th grade, and now entering 7th. Great Staff, teachers, and robust after school tutoring program The sports programs are second to none. Discipline is firm, and a parent could not ask for a better middle school to send their son or daughter to. Prepare to learn and have fun!

Posted October 13, 2009
So far the school has been really good for my son who completed his 6th grade and has entered 7th now. The principal is simply amazing with the kids and she ensures that the school is welcoming to everyone, everyday. The web portal for the parents and all the individual teacher web pages are updated promptly. I feel it is one of the best learning environments as teachers really work hard.

Posted June 04, 2009
My daughter just about to finish her 6th grade year here and I couldn't be anymorepleased with this school. The principal is Laura Springer, and she is so down to earth and caring. She knows all of the students by their names and is very easy to contact when needed. I grew up in the Irving school district and well I will just say it wasn't the best experience for me. I do not know the individual situations of the parents that gave a negative review, but every school is going to have some problems. My daughter is half hispanic and hasn't had any racial issues or trouble making friends. It is quite a diverse environment tbh. I have not heard anything about drugs! The teachers are top quality and care aboit the students. I am looking forward to the next two years to come and give this school an A+!

Posted March 24, 2009
East is an outstanding school. Teachers and administrators have high expectations of students and each other and they care about the students. The school and individual students do well academically. The environment in the school is positive and upbeat. Students and teachers want to be there. Parental involvement is quite high.

Posted May 24, 2008
I will not recommend this school to anyone. Teachers are inefficient and expect students to self-study. The new principal has poor leadership skills and is no better than the previous principal. We are not going to continue in this school next year. Do not move into this school district.

Posted May 15, 2008
My child is in 8th grade and this has been one of the best experiences for her. The leadership at this school is second to none. They truly care about the kids and it has a very welcoming feeling to the school. Their test scores among the best in the state. As one of the students told the principal, I feel safe and loved here. I couldn't have said it any better. Go East!

Coppell Middle East
400 Mockingbird Lane, Coppell, TX  75019
Last modified Coppell Middle East is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coppell Middle East Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top