Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Firstly, I have to say last year's experience was excellent. My son's teachers were fantastic, caring and knowledgeable. The principal Ms Shepard was very good too. However, things changed this new academic year with a new principal. She is definitely not caring and understanding. In fact, she speaks with much sarcasm that I felt offended. She doesn't know that to be a good principal, she needs to first LISTEN to the voices of parents. Truly disappointing.

My son ( a 2nd grader) attends this school though Lakeside is our homeschool. This school provides a challenging, and diverse curriculum that truly prepares and sets foundational skills for later years. I did not send my child to Lakeside, as I felt that Coppell ISD would not challenge him as rigorously as CFBISD would, and has. The principal is an excellent leader and the teachers are truly caring and involved in students growth and well being. I think we have a wealth of choices in our area; however, this one was the best choice for us. The student population is overly diversified and I think as a result prepares the children to mesh well together in a global society. Atop of that CFBISD has a stellar reputation for embracing diversity ( I am a teacher as well ). Not to mention there are so many programs to help students who may academically struggle...there are so many programs to get your child where they need to be. That being said Riverchase is an excellent choice for, and I can't wait for my daughter to start Kindergarten next year.

I was a little upset that my child was not accepted into Coppell ISD after seeing the ratings on here about this school. My son has gone here for the 1st grade and he has had a wonderful experience. His teachers are caring and approachable. I would definitely recommend this school to others. They have aggressive reading plans and great after school programs for people that are interested in challenging their children outside of the regular curriculum. I will never again accept the rating online as gospel when considering a school for my child again. Thanks Riverchase Elementary for such a great experience. No I wasn't paid to say this. :)

My son is in grade 1, he was here in kindergarten too. i was worried first coz living in coppell we were not in the coppell ISD school zone. But the school has great environment. Teachers and principal are good and communication has improved.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter just completed first grade here and attended kinder here as well. The teachers are loving, caring, patient and personable. The communication here has greatly improved from the previous year and the principle is the best. When my daughter was to start kindergarten I wanted her to be in Coppell's district but realized I was not in that zone. I was nervous at first going to this school because all you here about living in Coppell is that CISD is the best. I have fallen in love with CFBISD altogether. I love the diversity and culture that it brings. I love to see how the principle makes it a priority to know her parents and always be available. I live in an apartment now and worry about getting a house because I know I will not be able to get a house that is zoned for this school. That will be stressful! For now though we are here as long as we can be and my husband and I stay involved in as much as possible. You and your child are in great hands at this school!

Develops character: Agree

I like this school.my daughter goes there for 2nd and 3rd grade.now she will start 4th grade here.in the beginning I was scared because of the rating but this school proof it wrong.very caring teachers,staff n principle.no overloaded student ratio in classes like other school.there staar test results are great.i m satisfied now.my daughter love her teachers.

My daughter goes there for 2 years.2nd n 3rd grade.now she will go in 4th.in the begining I was worried because of the school rating but school proofed it wrong.Me n my daughter like all the teachers,staff n principle .all r very nice And helpful.no overloaded classes like other schools.there staar result is great.I m satisfied.

Excellent school! The principal is a strong leader runs the school well. When I drop my daughter off I know that she's in great hands

This is a public school that has/had some wonderful teachers. However, the lack of communication by the administration is frustrating. Dealing with parents at the school who seem to have only one goal and that is to punish teachers is another problem. This could be a great school, but some things need to change.

Last modified Riverchase Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.