S C Lee J High School

Public | 6-8 | 836 students

Living in Copperas Cove

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $99,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted January 22, 2014

I've worked and been a parent of a student attending S.C. Lee Junior High. There has been many "communication issues" most parents want to know about tutorials, homework, project, etc...if you visit www.ccisd.com/sclee you can see all that info on the website, make sure you know your student Team. Family access lets you see your child's missing assignments, grades, and attendance. Discipline issues are personally taken care of by the assistant principal the very same day. I am very impressed of how involved Mrs. Love-Prin, Mr. Crawley-Ap, & Mr. Jost AP due breakfast/lunch/bus. The school is very involved w/students a little to strict. I don't like that they have to go around the school in the morning when its cold/raining. I am parent that knows my child very well, so I calmly ask question if he is having issues, instead of raising chaos and leaving like a fool. They've cameras and can investigate issues not all but most. Over all this school is a great school. I love the special ed department very lovely ladies/men working hard to make the students feel awesome, and always having fun with them!

Posted May 18, 2013

My child was bullied daily to the point where he could no longer eat with the rest of the kids and ended up having lunch in the bathroom stalls every day. Too many teach look the other way, including coach Hammond.

Posted April 5, 2013

S.C Lee has a dedicated, caring, and flexible staff and faculty, all of whom are willing to do whatever it takes to makes students successful.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 19, 2013

Let's see where to begin let's start by no communication between teachers and parents. I have emailed teachers with no response back, my daughter tells me more about teachers personal life than anything that has to do with education, grades are giving to the students but parents do not have to sign report card, teachers seem bothered every time my daughter ask for clarification on different subjects and don't get me started on the unprofessional school bus drivers.

Posted January 8, 2013

My son attended here for 6th grade. It was ok. I would have liked more communication and at least some individual attention.

Posted February 9, 2012

My 2 boys, 6th and 7th attend there. I am very impressed with the teachers calling me and letting me know how my sons are doing as far as grades. They have been keeping a b-c average. Now as far as bullying, there is ALOT of it there. But I do keep i contact with the principal and I do beleive he is working on it to the best of his ability. I mean he isnt the parent and as a parent it is our job to put these values into our kids so they dont bully and speak up when it does happen.

Posted September 7, 2011

I have had very few issues with this school. I am in my 4th with students here, and they love it. The teachers are great, and even though my child didn't make it in band this year because of another class she had to take THE BAND TEACHERS ARE THE BEST. THE BAND ROCKS!!!"

Posted November 21, 2010

SC Lee has all the modern learning tools that the kids need and the teachers are awesome.

Posted March 21, 2010

the 6-1 principal doesnt do scuat.

Posted May 18, 2009

The kindest and most compassionate principal and staff I have ever seen. Truly a school children are blessed to have.

Posted March 3, 2009

Wonderful teachers and staff- office is great! Students are smart, beautiful school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 10, 2008

My child is doing wonderful at SC Lee Jr High. I can not say enough about the principal and staff. They have helped my child tremendously catch up from our moving as a military family.. I would highly recommend this school and school district to any parent in the Fort Hood/Killen area.!

Posted April 3, 2008

This School is a great place for students. Teachers and students have a great relationship!

Posted December 21, 2007

S.C. Lee Junior High School is an absolutly wonderful school from my prospective. I am a student there and I must say that I am happy to be honored as a part of such a school. I am an A-B student and I am a student aid in Band. When im am in that class period teachers erge us to do our work more than help them out and I think that is why we have such good grades and very high scores. Thank you for letting me post this review. Go Cougars!!!

Posted June 16, 2007

I was a student there last year, and I got to say my 8th grade year was the 2nd best year of my life. Lee has good dicipline. They also have a great learning system. I passed my TAKS test with flying colors. Along the rest of my friends. The sports there are great. Being part of the football,basketball, and track team was great. I had one of my best years there, I hope everybody else has theirs to in Lee.

Posted February 24, 2006

I was a student there last year, until I moved but I loved it there. The teachers were awesome they really showed me how to get the subjects I didnt understand. Now that I'm in a different school I really wish I was back there because that school was everything your looking for in a school. Its easy to meet people, the sports teams are really good and just the atmosphere of S.c Lee is kind and friendly.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 22, 2005

I was not happy with this school at all to the extend that I pulled her out and decided to homeschool my child.My child was bulied all the time and complaining to school didnt make a difrence.It was like we were the problem.Like why are they complaining again.My childs safety should come first.This is the worst school that I came across in all the years my children had to go to school.

Posted August 5, 2005

I ws not happy with this school during my child's time here he is a special needs child. There is big problem with lack of information between staff and parents. I believe a lot of problems come from the Vice Principal at the school he is very good at covering his tracks, looking the other way as well as threatening students when no one is around. When we moved our child all problems stopped and we as parents and the staff at the other school were left to pick up the pieces and rebuild his self-esteem.

Posted May 3, 2005

When my daughter first started going to this school I had great hope for her there. With all the teachers my daughter has I have only found two teachers who are really good teachers and who care enough about their students. I wish I could say the same about the rest of the faculty there. The principle seems to have no care about the safety of the students going there or she would let parents know when their child has filed complaints against a other students grabbing them in areas they should not be grabbed at. Incidents are swept under the carpet there.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

270 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

271 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

283 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

282 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

283 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

282 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Female88%

Not special education97%
Proficient in English97%
Non-migrant97%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

299 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

298 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

262 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

224 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

259 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

278 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

258 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

279 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

279 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students78%

U.S. History

World Geography

World History

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 7%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1205 Courtney Lane