Crownover Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2014
I wasn't too sure about this school when we started last year. But the teachers really encourage my daughter and she improved greatly over the year. Now she is in all the advanced classes for her grade and doing great. Got to love the teachers at this school.

Posted August 14, 2014
This is a great school. There's no such thing as a perfect school but this is darn close. If you're not happy here, you probably won't be happy anywhere and you should probably look into homeschooling.

Posted May 07, 2014
I moved to the Crownover District after my child had been bullied at a previous school. I love this school and so does my child. The teachers actually care as well as 99% of the parents. I have nothing but praise for the school.

Posted April 07, 2014
My older daughter went to rcms. She has not ONE fond memory. My youngest daughter is getting ready to start 6th grade at rcms. She is so bright....happy....creative...loving....and has a huge imagination. I am terrified to send her to this school! I do not want the life sucked out of her. I do not know ONE child that said they liked this place. They say middle school years are tough....but I thought it was pier stuff! The staff just needs to let everyone know "who's boss"....they were bullies. I hope there has been a good change with the new principal or I will be paying for a private school. I will not go through that ever again!

Posted April 02, 2014
This is my first year to teach at this school. I have worked at several campuses in multiple districts and this by far is the best. My team of teachers I work with are wonderful. They truly love their job, the students, and make learning fun. My principal, Mr. Rainey, is very caring and has done a great job creating a positive moral at our campus. The vice principals are also easy to work with and make the school a great place to be. I feel valued, respected, and that we all share a common goal of raising well rounded, independent learners.

Posted December 12, 2013
This is one of the worst schools I've ever had to deal with. The administration is inflexible and if your child does not fall in the "normal" level of handling school and needs any extra help with schoolwork, I would find a different school. I am looking into alternatives to pull my child out of the school to another one. RMCS would rather create rules that have nothing to do with education than to make sure the kids were doing OK in the learning area.

Posted February 20, 2013
Staff works hard to engage students rather than give notes, homework, notes homework. Love these teachers--most stay late on a daily basis to tutor kids and will work with anyone willing. If your kid has a good work ethic, he will do well at this school.

Posted January 23, 2013
I am one of many parents who have moved my child out of this school this year and I am so mad at myself that I even let my child start the year at RCMS. If the parents or students don't agree with something that the principal has dictated your child's life will be made miserable. The teachers teach to the STAR test and that is it and if your child doesn't "get it" they are labeled stupid and the teachers pretty much stop helping them.

Crownover Middle School 2

Posted December 20, 2012
I, as a parent would have to agree with the discrimination and lack of discipline to those who matter at this school (at the teacher level). There is definitely a double standard, and some teachers/coaches who want to fit in seem to look the other way. I would liken attitudes at RCMS to that of Hilly Holbrook and her followers from the movie "The Help". In their own minds they are the greatest people here . Even though they promote Rachael's Challenge and "Anti-Bullying" programs, In the end it's all for not. Now there are a few great teachers and principal leadership is good. Most student are not friendly or welcoming, and if your child does not fit in to their arcaic "Hilly Holbrook standards" then your chid needs to be self assured and confident enough to let whatever comes roll off their back. One last thing I firmly believe these attitudes are learned from their parents, where as one parent defended her daughter's extrumely rude behavior as "asserting herself"

Crownover Middle School 2

Posted November 16, 2012
I went here 7th and 8th grade and I was constantly bullied by cheerleaders and popular people and teachers/principals/staff never believed me when I would report them. I lived in Desoto where the kids got into fist fights with teachers and when I moved and went to Crownover I constantly was bullied and never learned anything, work was put in front of us and not taught to us, with the exception of a few teachers. Also, the teachers sometimes engaged in the teasing themselves. If I could rechoose a middle school I would have gone to McMath for sure.

Crownover Middle School
1901 Creekside Drive, Corinth, TX  76210
Last modified Crownover Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crownover Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top