Corpus Christi, TX

Posted May 22, 2014
My family and I just relocated here from Central NY state where the schools are stellar and every effort is made to keep bullying out. When considering this move, I decided I wanted to live in the calallen district so that my children could continue to receive a stellar education. I thank my lucky stars now that I am only renting and did not buy a house because I hate this school district. My 6th grader, in the six weeks we have been here has become depressed and withdrawn because the bullying is relentless. She has rumors spread about her, kids will deliberately deface her class work (to the point of having to start over) if she gets up to use the restroom or sharpen her pencil, she has been punched, slapped, tripped and humiliated and the staff doesn't seem to notice or care. I don't know how a child could be expected to learn in that sort of environment. If you have a child that fits in, this may be the school district for you. If your child is a bit more of an odd duck, you may want to think twice before buying a home here.

Calallen Middle School 2

Posted March 08, 2014
Honestly this school isn't really a good school must students get treated better than others like some kids get away with certain things and they shouldn't And some get in trouble for this stuff. This school treats the kids that dont have much like they dont belong and the rich or higher class like they are innocent. Like treat them equal at least.

Calallen Middle School 5

Posted May 19, 2009
My daughter is doing so much better at Calallen than she did in her elementary school in Amarillo. Sleepy Hollow was a so-called Blue Ribbon school but they failed in every other way possible. They even missed that she was gifted. CMS has brought out the very best in my child. I don't see any of the problems mentioned in the previous reviews. And as far as being too strict goes and hating the dress code, I don't see how they could function without it. Middle school kids are very immature, I am a psych nurse who worked with kids this age and trust me they need all the structure they can get.

Posted May 06, 2009

Calallen Middle School 0

Posted May 04, 2009
My daughter attends this school and is in her last year here and will be moving on CHS. She has had a pretty good three years and made tons of friends and for the most part had pretty good teachers. My main complaint and problem is with how certain studends at this school are treated ten times better than others and seem to get away with anything. I did not believe it when told by my daughter and her other friends until I started getting more involved with volunteering. I then saw this with my own eyes and it's done very openly. Certain students can use their cell phones when others loose theirs if they even take it out. The students also never get into trouble no matter what they do and so they take advantage of this. In this town its all about who has money and who you are!

Calallen Middle School 0

Posted January 13, 2009
The teachers and staff in the school are too worried about the 'gossip' of the students and their parents that they forget that they are educators. The priorty should be the children's education, however this is not the case at CMS. Forget about having any privacy when it comes to your child if they attend this school. If there is an issue, problem or concern, the staff feels the need to let everyone in the area know. Unless, you are a parent that kisses up or monetarily contributes, you are no one.l

Posted November 24, 2008

Calallen Middle School 4

Posted November 11, 2008
Mr. Flores had been great with both my boys. It is a school in which the teachers strive for excellence. I have been so impressed with several of the teachers and I don't think they get enough credit or support from the parents.

Calallen Middle School 3

Posted September 30, 2008
This middle school is not fun. I had an awful time becuase the administraters are so strict and wont let the kids have ANY fun. And the dress code is AWFUL! But the high school is 10 times better! I learned so much in high school, while having fun.

Posted July 25, 2008
last year was one of the worst years i had ever experience in all my kids school life the asst princpial there mr f made my kids life a living nightmare if you dont have money you are no one

Calallen Middle School
4602 Cornett Drive, Corpus Christi, TX  78410
Last modified Calallen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calallen Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top