Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, They do not shame children, but encourage them to make correct choices. When they've made a correct choice, they are given positive reinforcement.

I have 2 children at Webb, one promoted to Kaffie and started at Webb in 2nd grade. I chose Webb and the surrounding housing area after reading testimonials, test scores and reviews from a website just like this one when we were preparing to move here. I haven't been disappointed. Webb has educators and staff that work tirelessly to make sure not only the test scores meet state requirements, but to meet the needs of each and every child. Children walk through the halls and ask if the principal and AP will be coming to their classroom that day, with excitement! Watch D.O.G.S. are in the cafeteria, classrooms and hallways. PTA plans and prepares for events almost on a monthly basis, works diligently to provide new technology for students & teachers and do their best to get to know and encourage new parents to get involved. I've seen the hours they put in before, after school and on weekends. They are supportive of one another, parents and especially the children. There is so much to love about Faye Webb Elementary, the Principal, Jennifer Hammond, AP, Stacy Lucas and all the educators and staff that call Webb home.

My child has been a student here for the past 2.5 years. I can honestly say that our time here has been nothing but enjoyeable. As a transfer from private to public school I expected that there may be a slight dip in the quality of education but this has proven to be 100% untrue, in fact I feel that my son is receiveing even more attention and higher quality education at Faye Webb. The teachers are fabulous, most organized and best teacher-parent communication I have come across. Thank you Faye Webb!

I really don't enjoy being yelled at by staff members in front of my child. Bullying at its finest from Faye Webb. Those people are crazy.

Where do I begin? If you're looking for a school with a friendly staff, DO NOT choose Faye Webb. The woman that works outside for the Pre K and Kindergarten car line has a horrendous attitude. She yells at the students and parents if the kids are not moving quickly enough to get out of the car. I've been yelled at several times in front of my child, to the point that she cried, because in the staff members opinion, we were being rude and holding up the traffic. These were her exact words. The communication to parents about certain events, such as picture day, is lacking. The students wear uniforms but on certain picture days they can wear regular clothing. We never know which day is which because they don't send anything home to tell you. I was snapped at by a teacher for sending my child in the wrong clothes, and when I confronted the vice principal about the situation she immediately got an attitude with me in front of my child. Those people are the most hateful and rude people I have ever been in contact with, and at this point I believe my child and I are being targeted and bullied. I can't wait to pull her out of there. Don't send your kids there!

Do not write reviews out of hate and your own frustration. Faye Webb is a great school and that is why so many people want their children to come here. There are rules set by the school district and if you don't live in this neighborhood your kids can't be students here. It is as simple as that. Up to last year children from other neighborhoods were admitted here. But now new schools have opened where they live and that is why they can't attend Faye Webb school any longer.

I have to agree with parents that say this school is unfriendly from the minute you walk in the door. My child went there last year for 1st grade and I hated every second of it. Her teacher was 'okay' but with 30 kids in her class, she got lost in the shuffle. There are way too many students in the school for anyone to get extra help. I agree that the staff, principal and PTA are unfriendly as well. I never, ever got the warm an fuzzies about anything and never even got a 'hello' of any sorts from the principal. CCISD as a whole isn't that great, but if you are going to live on the southside of Corpus Christi, I would choose Mireles or Kolda ( the fabulous new school) instead.

My children have been going to Faye Webb since it opened and we are very happy there. I have never encountered the unfriendliness that some have - I would say just the opposite. Even teachers that my children don't have greet me with a hello and smile. I would say they are TAKS oriented (like most public schools) and do not give advanced work. My daughter started private school in 6th grade and she was definitely at a disadvantage and had to work very hard to catch up. Overall, I would recommend this school as the teachers and principle really do care for the overall development of our children.

Faculty and staff are unfriendly. The Principal controls PTA and the parents do not have a voice. The Principal and staff are not helpful. Unless you are a teacher or have teaching experience, don't expect the teachers to help your child independently unless you as a parent is involved on a daily basis. Parents of the PTA are allowed by staff and faculty to promote their business within the school. I'm tired of reading all the positive feedback on this school because you experience the opposite when you enroll you're children. Had I a doubt about this school, I would have never enrolled my kindergartener...good to know parents have other options

Seeing that we are a Military family, we move around and see many different school districts. I could not be happier that my children go to Webb Elementary. This will be our third year at this school and feel that each year our children are challenged by the teachers. The principal and assistant principals are always seen on the grounds and they always have a smile on their faces and make it a point to recognize me. I would like to see more parent involvement at this school. Last year, one of my children did not have a home room Mother. The Teacher seemed overwhelmed by handling all parent and child activities. I love this school and can't wait to see what this year brings!!

Last modified Faye Webb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.