Corpus Christi, TX

Posted February 03, 2014
I really don't enjoy being yelled at by staff members in front of my child. Bullying at its finest from Faye Webb. Those people are crazy.

Posted January 09, 2014
Where do I begin? If you're looking for a school with a friendly staff, DO NOT choose Faye Webb. The woman that works outside for the Pre K and Kindergarten car line has a horrendous attitude. She yells at the students and parents if the kids are not moving quickly enough to get out of the car. I've been yelled at several times in front of my child, to the point that she cried, because in the staff members opinion, we were being rude and holding up the traffic. These were her exact words. The communication to parents about certain events, such as picture day, is lacking. The students wear uniforms but on certain picture days they can wear regular clothing. We never know which day is which because they don't send anything home to tell you. I was snapped at by a teacher for sending my child in the wrong clothes, and when I confronted the vice principal about the situation she immediately got an attitude with me in front of my child. Those people are the most hateful and rude people I have ever been in contact with, and at this point I believe my child and I are being targeted and bullied. I can't wait to pull her out of there. Don't send your kids there!

Posted September 18, 2013
Do not write reviews out of hate and your own frustration. Faye Webb is a great school and that is why so many people want their children to come here. There are rules set by the school district and if you don't live in this neighborhood your kids can't be students here. It is as simple as that. Up to last year children from other neighborhoods were admitted here. But now new schools have opened where they live and that is why they can't attend Faye Webb school any longer.

Faye Webb Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2013
I have to agree with parents that say this school is unfriendly from the minute you walk in the door. My child went there last year for 1st grade and I hated every second of it. Her teacher was 'okay' but with 30 kids in her class, she got lost in the shuffle. There are way too many students in the school for anyone to get extra help. I agree that the staff, principal and PTA are unfriendly as well. I never, ever got the warm an fuzzies about anything and never even got a 'hello' of any sorts from the principal. CCISD as a whole isn't that great, but if you are going to live on the southside of Corpus Christi, I would choose Mireles or Kolda ( the fabulous new school) instead.

Faye Webb Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2013
My children have been going to Faye Webb since it opened and we are very happy there. I have never encountered the unfriendliness that some have - I would say just the opposite. Even teachers that my children don't have greet me with a hello and smile. I would say they are TAKS oriented (like most public schools) and do not give advanced work. My daughter started private school in 6th grade and she was definitely at a disadvantage and had to work very hard to catch up. Overall, I would recommend this school as the teachers and principle really do care for the overall development of our children.

Posted March 09, 2012
Faculty and staff are unfriendly. The Principal controls PTA and the parents do not have a voice. The Principal and staff are not helpful. Unless you are a teacher or have teaching experience, don't expect the teachers to help your child independently unless you as a parent is involved on a daily basis. Parents of the PTA are allowed by staff and faculty to promote their business within the school. I'm tired of reading all the positive feedback on this school because you experience the opposite when you enroll you're children. Had I a doubt about this school, I would have never enrolled my kindergartener...good to know parents have other options

Posted August 19, 2010
Seeing that we are a Military family, we move around and see many different school districts. I could not be happier that my children go to Webb Elementary. This will be our third year at this school and feel that each year our children are challenged by the teachers. The principal and assistant principals are always seen on the grounds and they always have a smile on their faces and make it a point to recognize me. I would like to see more parent involvement at this school. Last year, one of my children did not have a home room Mother. The Teacher seemed overwhelmed by handling all parent and child activities. I love this school and can't wait to see what this year brings!!

Faye Webb Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2010
The facilities at this school are awesome compared to most of the schools in CCISD. However, the teaching is the same status quo as the rest of the district. Children in Corpus Christi are not challenged near as much as children in other larger cities in Texas. There are so many children that are behind that the average and exemplary students receive no attention. The teaching at Webb is very TAKS focused. I'm guessing they want to start early because so many CCISD high schoolers can't pass the exit level TAKS. If your child passes the TAKS and maintains average grades, the teachers are fine with letting them continue with the status quo. Your student will not be challenged to excel academically above the TAKS level for their grade. Another complaint is they always want cash when PTA or the school sells something. They won't ever take checks.

Posted January 27, 2010
We have two children in this school and we can't say enough of how awsome their teachers are. The faculty here has been great. Not to mention the kids like the school also.

Faye Webb Elementary School 4

Posted January 16, 2010
Our child does like the school. The teacher is great. The building and grounds are brand new. My one complaint was my child was bring homework home of things we had taught our child 2 or 3 years prior. Our child was not challegend enough, at times our child was borred with the easy curriculum. I guess they want to make sure none of the kids are left behind so they take the very slow approach. But thats not really fair to the children who are ready to move ahead. Good, safe school but I wish it was a little more challenging.

Faye Webb Elementary School
P O Box 110, Corpus Christi, TX  78403
Last modified Faye Webb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Faye Webb Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top