Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
Faye Webb Elementary is the regional day school for the deaf. Webb offers an after school ASL club, but there a limited number of students who can join. It's a highly sought after club chosen by lottery and not everyone can participate. If you don't get chosen, but you want to learn ASL, you might just have to do it on your own. I've watched my own child doing her best to include and be a part of her classmates lives by learning as much ASL on her own as possible. Watching hearing and deaf children alike making an extra effort to be friends with sound as a barrier shows all of these qualities.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
The children are taught to keep their hands to themselves, respect personal space, words matter, bullying is not okay and being a friend is important. You can see this displayed in the hallways as they walk to and from their classrooms.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 01, 2015
Mrs. Hammond works long hours, sacrifices family time and tries really hard to make the school a perfect learning environment, while also making it a place that children enjoy being. It's a tough combination, but I think she consistently meets the challenge without very many pats on the back.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
The staff & teachers take extra care to get to know each student individually. I think the new class dojo point system helps them think about each student more specifically as well.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
Yes, They do not shame children, but encourage them to make correct choices. When they've made a correct choice, they are given positive reinforcement.

Posted October 01, 2015
I have 2 children at Webb, one promoted to Kaffie and started at Webb in 2nd grade. I chose Webb and the surrounding housing area after reading testimonials, test scores and reviews from a website just like this one when we were preparing to move here. I haven't been disappointed. Webb has educators and staff that work tirelessly to make sure not only the test scores meet state requirements, but to meet the needs of each and every child. Children walk through the halls and ask if the principal and AP will be coming to their classroom that day, with excitement! Watch D.O.G.S. are in the cafeteria, classrooms and hallways. PTA plans and prepares for events almost on a monthly basis, works diligently to provide new technology for students & teachers and do their best to get to know and encourage new parents to get involved. I've seen the hours they put in before, after school and on weekends. They are supportive of one another, parents and especially the children. There is so much to love about Faye Webb Elementary, the Principal, Jennifer Hammond, AP, Stacy Lucas and all the educators and staff that call Webb home.

Posted April 24, 2015
My child has been a student here for the past 2.5 years. I can honestly say that our time here has been nothing but enjoyeable. As a transfer from private to public school I expected that there may be a slight dip in the quality of education but this has proven to be 100% untrue, in fact I feel that my son is receiveing even more attention and higher quality education at Faye Webb. The teachers are fabulous, most organized and best teacher-parent communication I have come across. Thank you Faye Webb!

Faye Webb Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2014
I really don't enjoy being yelled at by staff members in front of my child. Bullying at its finest from Faye Webb. Those people are crazy.

Faye Webb Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2014
Where do I begin? If you're looking for a school with a friendly staff, DO NOT choose Faye Webb. The woman that works outside for the Pre K and Kindergarten car line has a horrendous attitude. She yells at the students and parents if the kids are not moving quickly enough to get out of the car. I've been yelled at several times in front of my child, to the point that she cried, because in the staff members opinion, we were being rude and holding up the traffic. These were her exact words. The communication to parents about certain events, such as picture day, is lacking. The students wear uniforms but on certain picture days they can wear regular clothing. We never know which day is which because they don't send anything home to tell you. I was snapped at by a teacher for sending my child in the wrong clothes, and when I confronted the vice principal about the situation she immediately got an attitude with me in front of my child. Those people are the most hateful and rude people I have ever been in contact with, and at this point I believe my child and I are being targeted and bullied. I can't wait to pull her out of there. Don't send your kids there!

Posted September 18, 2013
Do not write reviews out of hate and your own frustration. Faye Webb is a great school and that is why so many people want their children to come here. There are rules set by the school district and if you don't live in this neighborhood your kids can't be students here. It is as simple as that. Up to last year children from other neighborhoods were admitted here. But now new schools have opened where they live and that is why they can't attend Faye Webb school any longer.

P O Box 110, Corpus Christi, TX  78403
Last modified Faye Webb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Faye Webb Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top