Bad
Good

I attended 6 yrs.' at Central Park elementary back in the mid 60's,Left to Portland, Oregon after 6 grade in 1971,alot has change since I attended C.P.E. it's so much nicer, When I attended class rooms were out side, open buildings Remember the hot TX. Days sweat pouring of my head and on to the books, Now it's so much nicer, look like it enclose building, and air-condition? I have read review ,good reviews keep up the good work STAFF...Jim

my son attended central park 8 years ago and is now graduating and my daughter attened 5 years ago now in high school. I had many happy years there with the greatest principal, teachers and staff. I personally was a volunteer for many years and learned alot from this school. My nephew now goes there along with his sister going next year. This school gave me my start at what I do now. So I hear that they are going to rebuild this great school next year. We cant wait to see the new central park in the following years. So overall this school has many memories for my family and is still going. And yes I went there when I was in the 5 and 6 grade along with my husband. So we will miss the old central park despite of no walls. mr. mrs. cano

I give this school a 5 rating because they have a GREAT STAFF of TEACHERS! These teachers work so hard everyday to not only making sure they learn but to make these kids welcome.And I came from Kostoryz elementary and let me tell you big difference.This school deserves so much more credit for such a wonderfull job they do everyday.They have not only a good staff but their test scores are GREAT!So parents the schoolmay not be fancy but this school has so much to offer for your children.All I have to say is your school is a BIG 5!

My child attended this school for six years. It is a wonderful place in an academic sense. It's only flaw is not the fault of its teachers or principals. The problem is school security and safety. The school is built without hallways. All the classrooms open directly to the outdoors and the connecting walkways are not wide enough to prevent children from either walking in the rain/sun or getting hit with an opening door. It is impossible to secure this school as designed. It's a shame that such excellent, dedicated staff have to work under such a handicap. Many elementary schools in the same district have the same design.

The school staff is very friendly, from the office, caferteria, coaches, janitors, most of the teachers but there are a few that need to relax and realize there dealing with children.

Our curriculum is on par with or exceeds state standards. My kindergarten daughter is already reading on a second grade level. Our only competition comes from the 'Gifted & Talented ' program at Windsor Park Elementary. Considering our status as a Title I school and our tough neighborhood, my child is exceeding all expectations because of her committed teachers Mrs. Pena, Mrs. Trammell, and Mrs. Perez.

Last modified Central Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.