Wynn Seale Metropolitan School Of 2

Posted October 10, 2009
I think there should be a stronger leadership role taken in regards to the teaching staff, with the exception of just a few...It seems a lot of the staff gets away with nonprofessional behaviors and don't always go over and beyond to reach those students who may be struggling or need added support. I would like to see more professional development addressing the needs of differently-abled students, since after all, the students are chosen by lottery and if done correctly, should produce a good mix of abilities and interests as would be in their home school. I have to say I am disapointed and am reconsidering if applying for CV and taking my children from their home school was the right decision.

Posted July 21, 2009
This is a great school. Kids at CVFAA are more well rounded than any other school in the district, because of their opportunity to learn other skills other than TAKS.

Wynn Seale Metropolitan School Of 4

Posted June 18, 2009
I love this school. I think that it is the perfect match for my kids. I admit you have to be an involved parent and know what is going on with your child. I believe it would be that way at any school if your child and the teacher's teaching style do not connect that parents would need to get involved. The kids get so much out of the fine arts that is offered. Yes in the beginning it is the basics, but once they get into the older grades it does go deeper. Whenever I have had to talk to a teacher regarding grades I have left that conference time satisfied. I have had one child graduate from Chula Vista and have a second there. Because of us, many of our family and friends have kids who go there too.

Wynn Seale Metropolitan School Of 3

Posted June 17, 2009
Yes, it has fine arts, but I think they are very basically taught. Most kids should be so much farther along than they are as far as fine arts is concerned. Academically, in 2008 their test scores fell - don't know if they will qualify for recognized for that year, although they are traditionally a recognized school. BUT the academics leave much to be desired. If you are a struggling to average student, good luck. My kids, fortunately, are above average and do well. There are some teachers there that should be fired, who are well known to be lazy and nonchalant in their teaching! On the other hand, there are good teachers also, like Ms. Royce and Ms. Dalrymple, to name a few. I think this complaint is certainly something most parents would say about their home school, so think long and hard before sending your child to this school.

Wynn Seale Metropolitan School Of 0

Posted March 04, 2008
In response to dropping scores for the past 3 years since 2005... It is now 2008. I am happy to report that this wonderful school still offers their fine arts program and their scores have been great. They have been recognized by the state of Texas by being a recognized school. The teachers their are wonderful and truly care for all their students. All this with the same principal for the past 6 years. What does that tell you?

Posted May 28, 2007
My 10 year old son loves his school. The opportunities that are offered at this school do so much for a child's exploration of all the possibilities that someone can achieve with music, art and everything else the performing arts supply. The academics have to be kept up for the district funding. The staff is continuous. Some of these teachers have been here for 20 years. I know because my daughter attended this school 17 years ago. (She just graduated from medical school.) There is always something going on for parents to come and take part in and they are welcomed with open arms by everyone on staff. It makes for a very positive experience for children. And isn't making school the most exciting it can be going to keep them in school longer? I think so.

Posted September 22, 2004

Posted January 23, 2004
A wonderful fine arts school! They have dance, violin, piano, art, band, orchaestra, theatre arts, and other fine arts curriculum. I am a board member of the PTA and love this school, and so does both of my daughters, ages 8 and 10. There is no charge and students are accepted through a lottery. My kids love going to school because of the fine arts enrichment classes offered there.

Wynn Seale Metropolitan School Of
1707 Ayers Street, Corpus Christi, TX  78404
Last modified Wynn Seale Metropolitan School Of is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wynn Seale Metropolitan School Of Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top