Corpus Christi, TX

Kostoryz Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2013
This is year is the first year Mrs. Portis Woodson is the principal at this school. I have no issues with her, but some of the teachers aren't as attentive as you'd expect. There's been a couple times where I don't check my son's homework and will later and will see that the teacher marked it correct anyway. On a another note, there has been several times where I've caught teachers yelling and speaking to our kids in a manner that wasn't appropriate for a teacher. My son can be rambunctious at times and I see this in his daily behavior chart and I've written notes and made attempts in person to set up a sit down to talk and "exchange notes" but have not been able to do so at all this year. My son has been at this school since Pre K and I can confidently say I really appreciated the patience and attentiveness he got from his Pre-K teacher Mrs. Wolfe and his 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Johnson.

Kostoryz Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2011
I have never seen or heard teachers and cafeteria staff speak (more like yell) to the children they do at this school! Don't get my started on the new principal they have. She is very unprofessional! She needs to remember that is an elementary school not a high school!!! And why is it that the dismissal bell is at 3:00 pm, not 3:08 pm or later! My child is always being dismissed well after 3:00pm because of one or two other students. Why should she and the other children be penalizied for their misbehaviors!!!! I really, really dislike this school!!! I'm not a first time mother! I have 3 other grown children and I never experienced what I have until now!!!! I'm ready to take my children out of this school!!!!!

Posted March 01, 2010
I completely love this school. My boys have been going since they were in kindergarten and they love it. The teachers are respectful and always willing to listen to whatever the parents questions and concerns are. I wouldn't want my kids to go to any other elementary school but this one. Amazing!

Posted October 27, 2009
great school and wonderful teachers whom really care about students and their progress

Kostoryz Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2008

Posted February 14, 2008
Great School.......Great Teacher!

Posted May 16, 2007

Kostoryz Elementary School
3602 Panama Drive, Corpus Christi, TX  78415
Last modified Kostoryz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kostoryz Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top