Martin Middle School 3

Posted September 18, 2013
Regardless of where the school is located there will always be the students that are difficult. Instead of pointing fingers at the school and even the difficult students, the finger needs to be pointed at the PARENTS! Some teachers at this school need an attitude adjustment, but again that will be found at any school. Ms. Garcia, Mr. Juarez, Sra. Arispe, Mrs. Hernandez, Mr. Stuart are just some to name a few that I have personally experienced that have gone out of their way for my son. Ms. Aviles by far deserves teacher of the year!!!!! She ALWAYS goes above and beyond for her students. She takes them under her wing and guides them and is there for them. I appreciate her and all the other teachers that make that extra effort for these children! First and foremost it is the responsibility of the parents to stay on top of their children, but after the parents its the teachers that play a huge role in these children's lives! One bad teacher can have just as much of an impact on a student as a good teacher. Honestly, I believe that all it takes is that one bad teacher to bring down a student's self esteem. Parent to parent DO NOT judge this school by its location or how it was yrs ago.

Martin Middle School 5

Posted April 25, 2012
I have taught at this school for many years, and I have always been impressed with the dedication for our students shown by the staff and the administration. We all do an amazing job tending to our children, so they can achieve success. Sadly, there are always some who do not want to learn and, therefore, disrupt the process of teaching and learning. Yet we offer them the same care, tutoring, and instruction because that is our job. Actually, they get more of all of that. One thing I know for sure, and I see it every year over and over: If the child is happy at home and is cared for by involved, encouraging adults, he/she brings that positivity to school and uses it to succeed and endear him/herself to all.

Martin Middle School 4

Posted April 24, 2012
I was skeptical about my son coming to school here because I went to school here and it "was" horrible. Everything has changed! There is so much more involvement now and all the staff is outstanding. Still you have those kids that are ahead of their time with the way they speak and try to sag their pants, but that's not the schools fault; that's anywhere you go. Sad thing is that it's more likely on the schools on this side of town. My son has been a honor roll student from the begining an has even been selected for the National Junior Honor Society! We are very involved though, and I believe that has a lot to do with it. Even though I work full time and go to school part time, I am always on top of his grades and assignments. The teachers do their part, but at the end of the day it's up to us as parents to give them the tools they need to succed in life; and all that starts with the support from thier parents/parent whatever the case is. I have even showed up during my break during their passing periods and there are always teachers at every hall. That was never the case before. This realized that there "was" a problem and have done an exceptional job at fixing that problem!

Martin Middle School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
I have to say with great certainty that Martin MS is moving forward in many positive ways! Martin offers a variety of interventions for all students - tutorials in the middle of the day, before and after school help, enrichment activities, consistency in discipline, and most of all a respect and love for every student who walks onto this campus. We truly believe that all students can succeed and we are committed to giving our students and parents every tool they need to make that happen.

Martin Middle School 4

Posted November 22, 2005
Martin Middle school is a roygh school; especially for chilchen that have not gone to the school neighborhood before. Although the school management and school teachers,counselous and evrybody else try very hard to keep everything smooth and under control; but in reality the children from this neighbohood not all ; but some of these kids try to prove themselve of I don't know what and are very pushi and agressive toward new aor smaller children. That has to come to an endand I hope soon; because the teacher and aupper management are trying very hard to accomplish this goal.

Martin Middle School
3502 Greenwood Drive, Corpus Christi, TX  78416
Last modified Martin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top