Bad
Good

Meadowbrook Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2013
I spoke with the principal the teacher and the assistant principal regarding my daughter being hurt in class, and the way it was handled. The principal was not concerned with what happened and how it was handled she was more concerned with her teacher being accused or attacked by my allegations (remember my daughter got hurt in her private in her class). I had to stop the principal from making a divide between myself and the teacher. I didn't want to argue for the sake of being right. I wanted to know if the teacher knew what happened to my daughter. I was concerned as to why was her pain dismissed and unquestioned. All they could tell me was there assumptions and arguments. And then there was my daughters side of course (totally dismissed). I don't want to argue my point right. I want understanding and resolution. I don't want to be on one side against the people who educate my daughter. I want communication when it involves my daughter.

Meadowbrook Elementary School 1

Posted July 21, 2012
This is the worst school Ever the Entire staff consist of bullies especially the Principal, she is evil and mean and a huge control freak, I could smell liquoir on her breath. All the Staff talk about partying and how much they get paid in front of the kids, drinking, and clubing, Its Horrible, move away from there before its too late.

Posted May 17, 2012
Both my daughters go to this school. And I absolutely love this school. The teachers are wonderful. My girls have learned a lot from this school and I will be bring them next year. :-)

Posted January 15, 2008
The Principal is a wonderful person and does a great job the teachers are also amazing.

Posted October 07, 2007
A 5 out of 5 stars! I attended this school as a child now my daughter is in pre-k, & I am 100% happy with her education. Her teachers truely love their jobs, and it definatly shows! About once a week my daughter brings home a classroom project, on top of her daily work for the parents to review. The campus is a model school and a positive place for all students to grow and learn.

Posted December 04, 2003
I disagree with the previous comment. As a parent and one who is directly involved in education, Meadowbrook has a commendable staff. With the removal of that one teacher, the campus has once again become a model school and a positive place for all students to grow and learn.

Meadowbrook Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2003
As a teacher and parent of a 15 month old toddler, I will not be sending my son to Meadowbrook Elementary. Although the teachers are nice the school lacks continuity. For example there are four classrooms for fourth grade students however while one classroom is creating elaborate projects the classroom next to it spends the day reading silently. This makes me nervous, I do not want to scout the one good teacher per grade level at Meadowbrook. The school also lacks in parent support. I think that we as educators should do more for the socially disadvantaged students in our classrooms. I work with a great deal of teachers who will take the well behaved child with two parents under their wings while they will shun and talk terribly about the disadvantaged learner. As a parent I feel sorry for the parents who do not have a clue with how their child is being taught. Unfortunetly it is those parents who work 16 hour days and leave the child rearing to grandma and grandpa that suffer.

Meadowbrook Elementary School
901 Meadowbrook Drive, Corpus Christi, TX  78412
Last modified Meadowbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.