Corpus Christi, TX

Menger Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2015
Teachers are amazing but administration is just ok. Since Dr. Marroquin and Ms. Murray left it seems like administration is only doing bare minimum to get by. Tutoring wasn't even available last year until the end of the year. Parents at this school are horrible. They do not care about the school and do not volunteer. The PTA was held together by a handful of people working their behinds off because other parents refused to help. The people that don't help are the first to complain and they complain constantly. They have the "everything is someone else's fault" mentality. If it weren't for the excellent, caring teachers I would not keep my child here.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 28, 2015
I'm not sure about this. I've had issues with my child being made to feel compassion and empathy but it was not reciprocated.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 28, 2015
I think the teachers and coaches instill great values on their students. I do not think that administration has enough involvement with actual students.

Menger Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2015
I don't know how this school was given 5 stars. That is a joke! The students there are out of control. The staff doesn't listen and they don't know how to handle children. The kids run the classrooms. They went through 3 vice principles just last year. I heard the first was drinking and going to school. The principal was terrible which is why I'm sure she was forced to resign. Substitutes refused to go there. I over heard that in office conversation. My son was bullied to no end. The students are bullies and their parents just the same. I am happy that my kids are out of there. One year there set my son back. The school he is at now is amazing. Kolda elementary. My kids are doing better than ever before and they truly do what they need there for their students. Menger needs to take some notes from them!

Menger Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2014
my daughter attended this school for almost 2 years and i was not at all happy with this school and the teachers my daughter had. They were not informative at all and basically were just there. My daughter is very smart but she was not getting everything she needed especially from her teachers.

Menger Elementary School 5

Posted February 22, 2012
This school is the best School that I have ever sent my kids too. The children help each other out and care for one another. The principal listens to parents conserns and acts on them. The teachers are great and so is there special ed department.

Menger Elementary School 4

Posted November 06, 2007
This school tries hard to get the children to learn as much as they could so they could be well rounded and educated. There are several good teachers and other officers that are great at helping students succeed, but I nominated 2 teachers for the Who's Who Registry of Academic Excellence Middle School Edition and thought they should be recognized even if they don't win. These excellent teachers are Mrs. Deanna Maxwell and Mr. Robert Hendericks. They both took extra time out of the classroom to help both my children to succeed in the classroom by helping me with ideas to help them at home. Good job!

Menger Elementary School 5

Posted April 01, 2005
The principal and staff at Menger are perhaps the best in our city. Students come to Menger from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. The teachers excell at individualizing each students' educational plan based on their academic level and specialized needs. The teachers are dedicated to their children. They are driven to help their students not just improve, but to excell. Menger parents are involved with the school and their children. The PTA is strong and understands that what a young child must learn is not only going to occur while the child is in the classroom. Most Menger parents understand their important role in their childs education and the fact that learning does not stop at the school door. Mrs. Wilson-Ferris and her staff are always accessable to the parents and students. My daughter has attended Menger from K to 5 and has received an excellent education. Top notch school!

2401 South Alameda Street, Corpus Christi, TX  78404
Last modified Menger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Menger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top