Posted February 17, 2014
My daughter has gone here for kindergarten as well as first grade and both years had really great caring teachers. This is a great school mostly because of the staff. I wouldn't recommend the PTA at this school. But the teachers work really hard and put on awesome events for the kids. This school wants to do better and they try a lot of new things trying to figure out how. I think the staff at the schools that are doing better asking with the staff of others who aren't should all get together and figure it out for the benefit of our kids futures.

Posted July 01, 2013
My PK child started in this school coming from a spanish speaking country, she learning english very fast and every other subject. She is reading and writing, doing math. Everyone in the school love what they do and they show it. They do a lot of fun activities for kids and parents. I recommend it to anyone.

Posted November 16, 2010
My Daughter started to attend Weldon Smith this year. She is in Pre-K. The Teachers are AWESOME! My 4 year old is already reading sight words and beginning to sound out simple words, she has only been in class for 2 months! The PTA is very nice, if you know who to contact. The VIPS (volunteers in public schools) is very good, too.

Posted April 28, 2010
My son is currently attending Kindergarten at Smith. He is pretty advanced and I was worried that he would be bored in the classroom. I was so wrong; he has been challenged and has gone to a 3.5 reading level. The teachers are committed to their kids and the size of the school is small, so no one goes unnoticed. The only thing lacking at Smith is more parent involvement. My son has been accepted to the G/T school, but I would have no problems sending him to Smith for the rest of the elementary years if that school doesn't work out for whatever reason. Please check out their exemplary status for the 09-10 TAKS scores! Way to go Smith!

Posted June 22, 2009

Smith Elementary School 3

Posted June 20, 2009
Smith Elementary is a good school, but definitely needs improvements with teachers who need to stay in the classroom teaching instead of out in the corridors gossiping.

Smith Elementary School 2

Posted March 30, 2009
As I was reading these reviews I'm wondering 'maybe people are speaking of another Smith elementary' then I realized these reviews were written back in 2004-2005. Smith has been through 3 principals in the past 3to4 years and they still cannot get it right. The principal is a kind man but he is surrounded by women on his staff therefore, I feel he has no backbone. Smith IS NOT a parent friendly school and the staff say they welcome your feedback but be warned if you say whats on your mind you will be cast out to sea! My husband and I joined PTA and we have yet to meet or even know who the president is? The teachers are ok but they medal in how one should raise their child. I would not recommend this school to any of my parent friends.

Posted August 10, 2007
The teacher;s and staff love what they do and are totally committed to the students. It is warm adn inviting.

Posted July 15, 2007

Posted February 19, 2006
My son attended this school in 2000-2002. I remember it was small, but very good academically for the kids. They had science fair projects and oh, maybe a few too many fund raisers. Otherwise, I think this school was very good for my son. We are a military family and had to transfer, but I remember 'Smith' as a very good little school.

Smith Elementary School
6902 Williams Drive, Corpus Christi, TX  78412
Last modified Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top