Corpus Christi, TX

Posted March 27, 2014
5 years at Dawson. Principal Teresa has always been great and patient with students and difficult parents. I have been involved with Watch Dogs, asst cubmaster with scouts, coached soccer with bunch of Dawson kids 3 nights a week. Toughest thing about school is all the parents that want rules catering to them orvallowing their kids to do whatever. My experience, not too many bad kids but a lot of bad parents. Show up, get involved, stop complaining and help.

Posted April 24, 2013
This school does not hold a high level of standards for the students. They do not offer the accelerated reader program because the principal feels it doesn't challange students. There are very few teachers at this school that actually love the students and have a passion for teaching. My child was moved out of her class for bully and mental abuse by the teacher. Not happy with this school district at all. Extremly low standards, defiantly will not be returning.

Posted November 27, 2012
Horrible school. My daughter has had so many problems with this school I cannot wait to transfer her out of this district. She is currently having problems with a bully and when she has told on the little girl, my daughter gets into trouble for being a tattle tale even though the little girl is hitting her. We have also had problems with the nurse refusing to give her her inhaler when she needed it. Of course no one from CCISD would return my calls or emails. I thought schanen elementary was bad, but is think I'd take that school over this one any day!

Posted April 21, 2011
Horrible school!! Some of the staff (including the principal) is very unprofessional. Talk to your children because the staff will not inform you of things that goes on at this school.

Posted April 12, 2010
I think this school is amazing, its small and quaint, I love their teaching methods, how they spend their money, pretty much everything.

Posted September 16, 2009
Dawson has school spirit, and we also provide fun events, for the kids and families. The teacher, and Administrative staff are friendly, caring and approachable which helps a lot.

Posted June 29, 2009
We just moved here in January and both of my daughters went to this school and they really enjoyed the school the office staff is very friendly and helpful. They have already been to 4 different schools since school age and this is the best they have been to.

Posted October 09, 2008

Posted December 09, 2007
Dawson is a great school. My son moved into the school in 3rd grade, and is now a 4th grader. There are such innovative, creative ideas at this school! The 3rd graders end their year off with a medieval theme, and my son looked forward to it all year long! He made friends quickly, and the teachers are outstanding! Both of his teachers communicate with me by email, and I am informed of what his happening or upcoming. They also have a grade level newsletter to inform parents of events. The PTA is awesome, very very good at fundraising for the school and using those funds to better the learning and education process of our children. Would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a good quality elementary school.

Posted June 21, 2007
My son went to Dawson K-2 grade before we moved. Dawson was an outstanding school with a wonderful staff and great academic standards. I would high recommend this school to anyone who is new to the area.

Dawson Elementary School
6821 Sanders Drive, Corpus Christi, TX  78413
Last modified Dawson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dawson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top