Bad
Good

Posted March 23, 2015
I am very disappointed with this school. This has been a horrible year for my child. The teacher is not a teacher but more like a upset vindictive person. There is no leadership there and it shows. Gossip, Gossip, and more Gossip from all the teachers. Its not rocket science. If you do not like your ROLE as a teacher than retire already. Burnt out teachers are no help to our children and my tax dollars.

Posted February 03, 2015
There's a new principal this year, Jamie Copeland, and she's making great changes! She's involved and proactive! We transferred from one of the best school districts in the US, so my son is ahead academically, but his teacher is making steps to help him continue to grow! The guidance counselor, Mrs. Wilkerson is awesome as well! I've noticed a few of the younger staff members could use some pointers on appropriate interaction as far as parents and students go, but that's found at any school. I'm sad they don't offer an art or music class for K-2nd grade, but that's not uncommon in CCISD.

Posted March 27, 2014
5 years at Dawson. Principal Teresa has always been great and patient with students and difficult parents. I have been involved with Watch Dogs, asst cubmaster with scouts, coached soccer with bunch of Dawson kids 3 nights a week. Toughest thing about school is all the parents that want rules catering to them orvallowing their kids to do whatever. My experience, not too many bad kids but a lot of bad parents. Show up, get involved, stop complaining and help.

Posted April 24, 2013
This school does not hold a high level of standards for the students. They do not offer the accelerated reader program because the principal feels it doesn't challange students. There are very few teachers at this school that actually love the students and have a passion for teaching. My child was moved out of her class for bully and mental abuse by the teacher. Not happy with this school district at all. Extremly low standards, defiantly will not be returning.

Posted November 27, 2012
Horrible school. My daughter has had so many problems with this school I cannot wait to transfer her out of this district. She is currently having problems with a bully and when she has told on the little girl, my daughter gets into trouble for being a tattle tale even though the little girl is hitting her. We have also had problems with the nurse refusing to give her her inhaler when she needed it. Of course no one from CCISD would return my calls or emails. I thought schanen elementary was bad, but is think I'd take that school over this one any day!

Posted April 21, 2011
Horrible school!! Some of the staff (including the principal) is very unprofessional. Talk to your children because the staff will not inform you of things that goes on at this school.

Posted April 12, 2010
I think this school is amazing, its small and quaint, I love their teaching methods, how they spend their money, pretty much everything.

Posted September 16, 2009
Dawson has school spirit, and we also provide fun events, for the kids and families. The teacher, and Administrative staff are friendly, caring and approachable which helps a lot.

Posted June 29, 2009
We just moved here in January and both of my daughters went to this school and they really enjoyed the school the office staff is very friendly and helpful. They have already been to 4 different schools since school age and this is the best they have been to.

Posted December 09, 2007
Dawson is a great school. My son moved into the school in 3rd grade, and is now a 4th grader. There are such innovative, creative ideas at this school! The 3rd graders end their year off with a medieval theme, and my son looked forward to it all year long! He made friends quickly, and the teachers are outstanding! Both of his teachers communicate with me by email, and I am informed of what his happening or upcoming. They also have a grade level newsletter to inform parents of events. The PTA is awesome, very very good at fundraising for the school and using those funds to better the learning and education process of our children. Would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a good quality elementary school.

6821 Sanders Drive, Corpus Christi, TX  78413
Last modified Dawson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dawson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top