Posted November 10, 2013
A really good rigorous college prep school. I have heard a few complaints about the school, but I have seen school faculty/administration improve the school. This school is still new in the community, and is improving at a fast pace, offering the most for its students. A good school with a good reputation throughout the community. Go SST!

Posted September 09, 2013
I can't recommend this school enough. I pulled my kids out of Schannen Estates and Tom Browne Middle because I felt they were just "teaching the test" meaning the star test, and especially at Tom Browne, their standards were so low, my 6th grader never come home with homework. Now she comes home in 7th grade with 50 vocabulary words, my kindergartener has her own iPad, my 4th grader has an amazing math teacher. Anyways, If you want a QUALITY education and state of the art facilities, new gym, new desks, new cafeteria, and LOVING teachers and staff, not to mention SAFETY, oh and if you have a middle schooler/highschooler and they get out at 4, and an elementary student that gets out at 3, they have free 1 hour "study hall" so you don't have to be running back and forth to and from the school. Awesome awesome awesome!

Posted June 17, 2013
awesome school highly recommend somewhat stricted but that keep control and now with a new gym and library and more to come.

School of Science and Technology Corpus Christi 2

Posted October 17, 2012
our first year at SST was horriable. The school was very unorganized. I as a parent was very hard to adjust. The principal at the time was very rude and i felt she did not care about the kids. The school does not have very many positive things about it. im questioning if my child is even learning anything. I tried to give it another chance , but 9 weeks into the school year my childs teacher quit!!!!! what on earth does that tell you. My child does not have a teacher and i know he is not learning!!!! i would say beware if your thinking about putting your child in this school.

School of Science and Technology Corpus Christi 4

Posted October 01, 2012
The school concept is great. However the teachers are overworked, there really isnt enough staff or the staff doesnt do enough to support the teachers. STAFF and ADMIN this is for you- you are there to support the teachers not the other way around.

Posted April 03, 2012
I am a parent of two children at this school, I love the school, I love the diversity of culture, I am a teacher and student from personal experience this school is great because the teachers in this school have experience from other cities and countries specially when this city is so close mind, I know this school does not have other extra things like other schools have but they have teachers well prepare and who really care, all of them have Masters degrees and many of them have doctors degrees. I know that some people do not like the school the reasons are 'There are too strick" "To much homework" well sorry that is not a school for you. I like that I want my child to have a better academic future and an open mind. One of the reason why the teachers and principal change every two years, they move the teachers to other charter schools. Thanks and keep up with the good job. Sandra

School of Science and Technology Corpus Christi 3

Posted January 16, 2012
I am a 7th grade student in this school. There are some good people although theres some bad. I have many grievances, however. I do not intend racism but half of my turkish teachers have a very heavy accent and thus causing me problems in my grades. The students/my fellow classmates arent as mature enough and tend to be very rude just because they feel the teachers will not care. Second in my list is the lunch. It is not enough to fill our stomachs up! We even have to ask for food from each other. And did i mention, it taste horrific? AND we have to pay like $2? I mean yeah of course school food isnt the best but my previous school which is was in Houston had better food and we paid the same. And my previous school before that had the same nasty food as SSt but it was all FREE. Then theres the schedule. Its different every single day and its hard to keep up! Though, it does not get me bored. Last but not least, FUN electives such as Theatre,Choir or Band and sports like a football team or basketball. There is none of that and those things are usually the reason i wake up fully in the morning. I still dont know if i should be here next year or transfer to another school.

Posted November 18, 2011
I have had a great experience at SST as a parent. The teachers and admininstrators have always been extremely supportive. I could name so many teachers that I have been wonderful. My daughter feels safe here and she gets challenged at the school that is not available at all the other schools. I am sad to see below that people are putting racist and bad comments about the school. I hope they can work with the school to make things better.

School of Science and Technology Corpus Christi 1

Posted October 14, 2011
This school is terrible! It is ran by Turkish men who know nothing about the American way of doing things. They over work their employees, and cannot keep employees for long. Also, I was scheduled for a home visit (this is done to talk about children future goals) on a Saturday and put everything aside that day. Nobody showed up or called. I came in Monday morning to complain and the lady up at the front said I was not the only one this happened too! Why schedule meetings if you cannot meet or call for that matter? I asked for the principal to call and no call. This was last month, I was trying to give them time before posting something negative. I see many parents who have complaints too, I think this school should be in question. I called the headquarters which was very difficult to get and that is ran by Turkish too. The number is (713) 343- 3333 for anyone else who needs it. My son has had two friends that have withdrawn from the school this year so far. I am wondering where the money is going and I see now, personal refrigerators for vice principal, have you seen their park? Wow this will be our last year here.

Posted June 22, 2011
I have been extremely happy with this school. My son's find it very challenging and exciting. I have an ADHD son who is always curious and wants to know everything about everything and he finds this school awesome. when he was in public school he was an A honor student and very bored. When i moved him into this school he says " that they keep him so curious on the next thing they'll learn," yes, there is some problems il admit but even public school has problems. i'd rather have problems on my kids being challengd hard than a schoo that doesnt push my kid to their fullest potential. my son is headed to the 6th grade and speaks 3 lnaguages english,spanish, and now turkish and now he wants to speak chinese that is suppose to be taught next year. he's even making plans to work on a way to keep the turkish up by asking a teacher to stay with him after school so he can keep up with a languages. The fact that he is so loving this school and all the diversity it has to offer makes it a great place for a kid who wants to learn and a school willing to teach. unlike a public school whos doors close at 3p.m.

School of Science and Technology Corpus Christi
4737 Saratoga Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX  78413
Last modified School of Science and Technology Corpus Christi is a Charter school that serves grades K-12
School of Science and Technology Corpus Christi Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top