Flour Bluff High School 1

Posted February 22, 2013
I give this school, and the entire district, zero stars. As someone with extensive experience with this district, both as an employee and a parent, I can rightfully say that the leadership is the poorest it has ever been. Not to mention that almost every administrator is of entirely of one race, never hiding the fact that they favor students and parents of their same race. In the last four to five years, several highly qualified, motivated, and experienced teachers and staff members left the district because they were often told to keep their opinions and ideas to themselves. Furthermore, any teacher who tries to implement change based on new knowledge acquired in a master's or doctoral program is quickly run out of the district. Once considered a model school by the community, local university, and junior college FBISD has now become the example of what poor leadership can do to a once thriving district. If you have a choice, do not enroll your kids in this district, you will be very disappointed.

Posted October 12, 2010
FBHS teachers, staff and administrators have high expectations for students and help them reach their goals. The rigorous courses and excellent teachers put students on the road to college and career success.

Posted February 09, 2010
I am a Flour Bluff graduate who moved away to Dallas, and moved back to Corpus Christi so my daughter could attend FB in 5th grade. What a difference from her past schools! They always have something going on to motivate the kids. There is such community spirit. And my daughter is really absorbing what she learns! I gave FB 5 stars! The administrative and teachers have always been friendly and helpful, her teachers keep in contact with both praises and her weaknesses, there is tons of extracurricular activities... As of yet I have nothing negative to say about the school as a past student and the parent of a student now!

Posted December 07, 2009
The only thing I dislike about the school is their problem with keeping attendance. I don't know how many times my child was counted absence when she was really there and the teacher later admitted to their mistake. Yet they turn around and make the same mistakes again and again.

Posted September 17, 2009
Flour Bluff High School provides a safe, secure environment, where my student can learn from excellent teachers. My son was a new student to the school district last year, but he was never treated like a new student. Flour Bluff High School has a fair amount of student turnover because it includes an army depot and naval base. Perhaps because of this, the staff and students are always very welcoming to new students. I am also very impressed with the teaching staff, who are extremely competent in teaching their subject areas. My son's teachers are always doing their very best to prepare him for college.

Posted July 19, 2009

Posted May 23, 2009

Flour Bluff High School 4

Posted November 09, 2008
I am a graduate of Flour Bluff, as are both of my sisters (one who attended K-12). My son is a freshman now & has been there since kinder. If you are going to live in South Texas, this is ultimately the best school district around. It has always been academicly oriented and has great school/community spirit. Flour Bluff has the feel of a small town, while still being in the city. The academic teams are always high ranking as are many of the athletic teams. The NJROTC has been the National Champions for over 10 years! Again, I wouldn't send my children anywhere else. Go Hornets!!!

Posted July 13, 2008
i give a five star rating it is an awsome school!!!!

Posted December 24, 2007
Best school in South Texas. We moved so my kids could go to FB. Best NJROTC in the US 5 years in a row. Hard but fair.

Flour Bluff High School
2505 Waldron Road, Corpus Christi, TX  78418
Last modified Flour Bluff High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flour Bluff High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top