Flour Bluff J High School 5

Posted May 09, 2011
Considering the diversity of social, economic, and educational levels, I find that Flour Bluff does a wonderful job of reaching every child. The teachers are very kind, reaching out to kids in a way that captivates and interests them in he subject. The school work is relatively challenging in the upper-level classes, but it's nothing a hard-working kid can't handle. Academics is very emphasized and promoted, UIL Math and English challenges never failing to make the morning announcements even if some athletics miss out. Over all, my experience as a student at this school has been wonderful and I think the people, staff, and teachers are great!

Flour Bluff J High School 5

Posted November 02, 2010
extremely well organized, excellent opportunities to bring out the best in the individual student with various special programs in academically as well athletics a well pounded common sense school with experienced staff and teachers that go out of there way to make learning interesting to TEENAGERS .

Posted July 28, 2010
My child attended here last year. I was very pleased with the school. The teachers, principal and assistant were very courteous and helpful. The secretary is so sweet. The only problem I had had was with the superintendent. She is extrememly unavailable and I had to go through so much red tape to see her I just gave up.

Posted April 13, 2010
Staff too busy worrying about everything except the child's education. Emphasis on who took an MP3 player and keeping children in 'office' vs the classroom. MP3 players should be left out of school at the risk of being stolen. Books and reading and Math need to be the primary focus of the staff especially in light of the TAKS test. No child left behind, until the school can help every child master the basic skills they need to get their collective heads back in the game and not the every day minutia that goes on in every junior high school. Educators should go about the business of educating, not investigating who owns an MP3 player. Please.

Posted April 06, 2010
This school is a joke... the teachers focus only on their own lives out of school, not on the job they are getting paid to do, they show no concern if the kids are borderline or failing, and show no compassion whatsoever towards the students or the parents.... my decision to send my child to this school was the worst decisonn i ever made

Posted August 13, 2009
i went to this school when i was a 7th grader....and now im going into 8th but i moved to washington. let me tell you this.....flour bluff is the best school district ever. it has great people,tons of friends,and a nice staff. i really wiah i could go back to this school. its been my favorite and will always be. :)

Flour Bluff J High School 1

Posted May 14, 2009
I used to go to this school and when I moved to the school district i am currently at I was so behind. I am now in the 8th grade and I moved when I was in 5th grade and Flour Bluff is a joke. The school I am at now could beat their test scores without even trying.

Posted May 03, 2009

Posted March 06, 2009
this school is awesome im a 7th grader at the school its amzing the teachers are great i dont understand why people think that this school isnt very good its very good and all teh teachers techa lot and we learn so much!

Posted January 14, 2009

Flour Bluff J High School
2505 Waldron Road, Corpus Christi, TX  78418
Last modified Flour Bluff J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flour Bluff J High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top