9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Incarnate Word Academy High School 5

Posted February 17, 2014
Both my children attended Incarnate Word Academy for 7 years and received a superb education. They both now attend Major Universities in the north and are excelling and I commend IWA for giving them this college preparatory they needed. My children are not Catholic and were never treated any different than the Catholic children....The stress Christianity and to be good moral young people.

Incarnate Word Academy High School 1

Posted December 12, 2013
I never thought to leave a review of IHS until I had children, and now I realize the importance. This was my personal experience and although it happened about 25 years ago, I feel it is still valid. Personally, I feel that IHS is a farce to speak lightly. If you are NOT CATHOLIC, expect your children to be shunned and/or ostracized by most staff. I along with the few other non-Catholic children were removed from regular courses and placed together in isolated classes away from others. This was not conducive to any formative educational experience and created a feeling of inadequacy. I was good an promising student before IHS and attribute my experiences there to further troubles I had in my youth. If any staff had progressive thoughts or teachings outside or within the subject matter , they were quickly removed and replaced. For example, I had six ENGLISH/ Literature teachers within one year. BEWARE of this 'school' and its' hypocrisy.

Incarnate Word Academy High School 5

Posted December 20, 2010
My son enjoys IWA. It has a rigorous curriculum and has a positive environment. If looking for small classroom sizes and opportunites to participate in various activities IWA is for your child.

Incarnate Word Academy High School
2910 S Alameda, Corpus Christi, TX  78404
Last modified Incarnate Word Academy High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Incarnate Word Academy High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top