Posted May 09, 2014
This is what education is supposed to be. My kids enrolled in YCA in Kindergarten. They are now in 3rd and 1st grade. The cooperation and communication with parents is terrific. When I have a need or concern, I feel like my voice is heard and the school makes every effort to respond to student's needs. The class sizes are usually small (around 10-15 students per class) which is a huge advantage over most schools. Extra help is offered to students who struggle in key academic areas. The art and computer lab teachers are exceptional. I do wish, however, that they offered more in foreign languages. I like the emphasis they place on serving our community. The tuition is very reasonable-$450/mo. The principal is an extremely caring person and is great with the kids. I am very happy to have my kids receive their education at this school.

Posted October 28, 2013
This is a school where the teachers want to teach, they are kind, loving, patient, generous of their time. The kids are good, caring, and come from good homes where I don't have to worry about who my children are with. The parent support is amazing, everyone helping everyone, everyone knows everyone, everyone jumping in where they can to help out. The Principal is amazing, caring, with fair Godly leadership. The Spirit at the school I think is the best attribute! You can just tell the Spirit is working and shaping young lives! I can't say enough about this school! Very pleased!

Posted October 27, 2013
It is a privilege to watch God's great work-in-progress as He develops the foundation in our children's early years. I thank God for YCA and its influence in helping my child grow spiritually, academically, and physically. We're so glad that the school reinforces the Biblical and moral values we hold dearly and teach our kids at home. My daughter is growing continually, and we can see and hear her maturity as she relates to others. We are truly blessed by the high standard of teaching and the most qualified administrators and teachers at Yorktown Christian Academy.

Posted April 06, 2013
I agree with everything the other reviews say. My children love learning not only the standard math, reading, writing, but about God. They are doing more than their part to teach the children how to give back to their community also. There are many extra curricular after school programs too: sports, Scouts as well as Spanish classes, computer, art, music during the normal school day. The children all love each other too. Great environment for learning.

Posted September 26, 2006
The teachers at this school are top-notch. They have a genuine love for the students and are willing to go the extra mile to help a child or family in need. The emphasis on making Christ a real part of the student's life is obvious in all activities and instruction. Parents are highly involved and this allows for a wonderful relationship between parent and teacher. I love this school and would recommend it to anyone who wanted their child to receive a quality education with a spiritual emphasis.

Posted April 29, 2006
High level of parent involvement, Christian emphasis in all areas, rigorous academics.

Posted March 23, 2006
My daughter is in Pre-K and we love YCA. Since she is so young, I cannot comment on the extracurricular activites. They do have an after-care program that I utilize on a drop-in basis from time to time, which she seems to enjoy as she asks me almost daily if she can go! The parents at YCA are very involved, some by choice, and some because of the requirement of parental participation. Each parent is required to earn 12 participation points per semester. Assisting on field trips, attending parent conferences, assisting with class parties and attending parent meetings all earn points. At first I was a bit worried about earning points, but it is easy and there are plenty of opportunities. I believe that the parents who send their children to YCA would particiapte regardless. YCA has a very safe, warm, loving atmosphere and I am so glad we found it.

Posted January 17, 2006
This school is great! My two children love the school, their peers, and their friends. Compared to other children from local public schools this school seems to be ahead of the others by a small margin. Most importantly they are learning the love of the Lord and being taught His way. The school loves God and seeks his approval and direction in everything thing they do. The school is growing and upgrading to be a futuristic atmosphere. The only area that stands out for improvement is in extracurricular activities, but from what I hear that is in the works.

Posted April 08, 2005
Wonderful school with the highest level of parent involvement. Offers band, music, and some sports.

Yorktown Christian Academy
5025A Yorktown Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX  78413
Last modified Yorktown Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Yorktown Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top