PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 17, 2016
The kids here are awesome! The teachers are more than teachers, they are here for you in your times of need. They will comfort you and help you grow academically and spiritually. Everyone is nice and welcoming. We are all family here, and I highly recommend this school! I have never been more happy at a school. I love it here so much and I actually want to go to school every day now

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 17, 2016
I feel like I can talk to them, and they will listen. They teach in an easy to understand way, and if you are confused, they are happy to help!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 17, 2016
There isn't a bunch of homework, but it's just right. It really all depends if you get it done in class or not. They try not to give you as much on the weekends or Wednesday because of youth and church

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 17, 2016
I feel like I have been more respectful to people, and I have learned good manners. Not only the kids are very nice and respectful, but definitely the teachers as well! Everyone always holds the door open for each other, they always say please and thank you, and do so much more without being told to!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 17, 2016
Everyone is always here for us, no matter what. We have had kids that use to use drugs, cut, curse, and now they don't do any of that. In fact, they are the nicest people you will ever meet! You would think that they grew up going to church. I love my friends like my own family

Posted May 09, 2014
This is what education is supposed to be. My kids enrolled in YCA in Kindergarten. They are now in 3rd and 1st grade. The cooperation and communication with parents is terrific. When I have a need or concern, I feel like my voice is heard and the school makes every effort to respond to student's needs. The class sizes are usually small (around 10-15 students per class) which is a huge advantage over most schools. Extra help is offered to students who struggle in key academic areas. The art and computer lab teachers are exceptional. I do wish, however, that they offered more in foreign languages. I like the emphasis they place on serving our community. The tuition is very reasonable-$450/mo. The principal is an extremely caring person and is great with the kids. I am very happy to have my kids receive their education at this school.

Posted October 28, 2013
This is a school where the teachers want to teach, they are kind, loving, patient, generous of their time. The kids are good, caring, and come from good homes where I don't have to worry about who my children are with. The parent support is amazing, everyone helping everyone, everyone knows everyone, everyone jumping in where they can to help out. The Principal is amazing, caring, with fair Godly leadership. The Spirit at the school I think is the best attribute! You can just tell the Spirit is working and shaping young lives! I can't say enough about this school! Very pleased!

Posted October 27, 2013
It is a privilege to watch God's great work-in-progress as He develops the foundation in our children's early years. I thank God for YCA and its influence in helping my child grow spiritually, academically, and physically. We're so glad that the school reinforces the Biblical and moral values we hold dearly and teach our kids at home. My daughter is growing continually, and we can see and hear her maturity as she relates to others. We are truly blessed by the high standard of teaching and the most qualified administrators and teachers at Yorktown Christian Academy.

Posted April 06, 2013
I agree with everything the other reviews say. My children love learning not only the standard math, reading, writing, but about God. They are doing more than their part to teach the children how to give back to their community also. There are many extra curricular after school programs too: sports, Scouts as well as Spanish classes, computer, art, music during the normal school day. The children all love each other too. Great environment for learning.

Yorktown Christian Academy 4

Posted September 26, 2006
The teachers at this school are top-notch. They have a genuine love for the students and are willing to go the extra mile to help a child or family in need. The emphasis on making Christ a real part of the student's life is obvious in all activities and instruction. Parents are highly involved and this allows for a wonderful relationship between parent and teacher. I love this school and would recommend it to anyone who wanted their child to receive a quality education with a spiritual emphasis.

5025A Yorktown Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX  78413
Last modified Yorktown Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12