W A Martin Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2013
Wow parents really need to give updated reviews because this school is terrible! My son was being stabbed by other kids with pencils & nothing was done about it. My son whom onve loved going to school dreads it since we moved to Crandal. I plan on selling my house

W A Martin Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted November 07, 2008
My son started kindergarten 2 six weeks ago. In that short time he has started reading. I am very proud of him. I couldn't be more pleased with his teacher, and the way she stays in constant contact, regarding his behavior.

W A Martin Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2007
I have a child in PreK and a child in 1st grade. Unfortunately I am very dismayed at the low quality of Crandall Elementary. The Prek children are only allowed to play and not being taught a thing, not by fault of the teacher but the curriculum. She is being kept from teaching them. My first grader is at the top of the class academically but they want to retain him in first because he is to young to move to second grade! Basically it all boils down to way to much chaos in the classroom. I implore everyone to observe in your child's class! I was appalled at the fact that out of 23 students 5 were actually working and the rest were walking, talking, reading, or not even in the class at times. This is not an environment conducive to learning.

Posted April 05, 2007
This past year was my sons first year in school and I have nothing but compliments on the manner in which the teacher, counselor, and principles have managed the school. We had some trouble with my son initially with behavior and the teacher was very helpful in resolving his issues and went out of her way to keep in contact with us. My youngest son starts this coming fall and we are looking forward to having him in CISD as well.

Posted November 30, 2006
My daughter attends crandall elementary. She is in second grade. I believe crandall is one of the best schools by far. She was very behind due to the fact she was very enclosed during her toddler stages. (No daycare). She is now one of the top students in her class. The teachers are amazing!

Posted September 04, 2006
My son began at CES after the Xmas break & it was a great transition. Upon enrollment the counselor gave us a school tour & introduced us to his teacher. She was so inviting & promptly invited him to spend a day with the class before the holidays. Before leaving, the counselor took us by the gym (where the class was attending PE) & introduced my son to a couple of outgoing kids in the class so he'd have a jump start with 'friends'. After the holidays the teacher tested him to see where he was academically & met with me privately to share the results. She stayed in constant contact throughout the semester. We loved the Friday a.m. assemblies and the faculty friendliness. Our experience with CES was great!

Posted February 26, 2006

W A Martin Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2005
Im not as impressed with this district as people claimed it to be. My childs teacher took days before corresponding with me when I sent a note.The curriculum is sub-standard compared to friends and relatives childrens, and the homework is the same thing every day. I think variety would better suit a childs academic growth and creativity.Also I would like to see more involvement with arts and music, not all kids are into football and cheerleading. In all honesty it looks all nice a cozy but so far I have to give it a fair overall rating.

Posted May 27, 2005

W A Martin Elementary School
P O Box 460, Crandall, TX  75114
Last modified W A Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W A Martin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top