Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Posted January 12, 2016
My sons first teacher last year was horrible. She called and sent me very rude messages about my son and would embarrass him in front of the class as "discipline" all in the first week. I set up a meeting with the principal and his teacher for that Friday and took my mother since she is a teacher to witness this woman's behavior and after the teacher left the meeting we both told the principal that that teacher wasn't going to work out I wanted my son moved to a different class. She told us that it couldn't be done at that time but she would keep an eye on the situation. She lied. My son was put down and embarrassed by that teacher so much that when I would pick him up from school the first thing he would say to me was "mommy I'm a bad boy I'm no good I wish I had never been born." My son got to the point he would cry that he didn't ever want to go back. You can imagine how upset this made me so again I requested for a change and again was told no. Well right before the Christmas break 2014 my husband went in to pick our son up and his teacher came to the front with some papers that we had requested and told my husband that he had behaved for his reading interventionist because she had threatened him... Well when my husband told me this that word didn't sit well with me so I asked my son what did she threaten you with and my son tells me "She was going to make me jump up and down in the corner of the classroom" as you can imagine this upset me to hear and then my son tells me "I've only had to do it three or four times some of the kids laugh at me but not all of them." I have two witnesses that confirm this. So this "Teacher" who was supposed to teach and encourage my son was tearing him down and humiliating him. After finding this out I called the school and demanded a change and informed them what was going on when my son returned he had a new amazing teacher but the damage was done. I'm still combating what she did to him psychologically he still says that he is no good that he can't do anything right. This woman got away with it no disciplinary action was taken against this her and now this year he has a great teacher but again still trying to get him the help he needs even when we have paid to have him tested ourselves they don't want to accept the results and provide him with the help he needs. I am so tired of this school.

Posted February 02, 2015
This is one of the worst schools my child ha sever attended, I think the teacher's simply just go to pick up a paycheck. My daughter is not learning in this school and it seems every night she comes home with homework, we have to re-teach her what she should ALREADY know. Setting up a meeting with the principal is near impossible, they just don't care, it's that simple. Honestly, avoid this school if at all possible, you would get your money's worth putting them in a private school for the first two years!!!!!! We are moving at the end of the year and I can't wait, and it's due to the horrible school district in Crosby, Barrett Primary is the worst school I've ever had to send my child to, period!

Posted October 11, 2011
A attendance employ failed to inform us of her not receiving are parents excuses, These excuses are only good for 3 days, because of her , she has managed to almost destroy are family . My wife always submits an excuse by fax, but we were (never) informed that the school was not receiving them on days they were absent for being (sick.) SEE IT ALL AT: zefskennels.com thank you.

Barrett Primary School 5

Posted December 17, 2007
I love the way the school gets involved and has a low child to teacher ratio, and they keep me informed of things going on with my child.

Barrett Primary School 4

Posted July 11, 2005
I am very pleased with the quality of education and teacher/student ratio at Barrett Primary. The principal is very involved with the students and the school does a good number of 'family oriented' activities. Most teachers are very willing to meet with you and discuss ways you can help your child improve academically.

Barrett Primary School 5

Posted February 23, 2004
I am a parent of my second child going through this school, principal, and staff. This is the best school in Crosby. The principal, Mr.York is the reason this school runs so smoothly. The staff is the friendliest of any school. The children are greeted outside by staff and/or Mr. York daily for safety and comfort. The children are always happy and there is always something going on at the school the children can involve themselves with. Both of my children wish they could stay in this school forever and I hate to see them have to move on but they have a great impression that was left with them from the great staff.

Barrett Primary School