Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child has attended barrett elementary for 3 years and is very happy here. Mrs. Wathall, the principal, is a compassionate leader and has raised up 2 great assistant principals that have moved on to lead their own individual campuses. The aides are not there because they have to be, rather they are retired teachers or passionate about children. The staff loves each child like they are their own. I personally know many of the staff members there and they report being happy to go to work each day. ..that is rare. It truly is like a family where children are nurtured and taught based on their abilities.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My child has adhd and the teachers have been helpful at making accommodations so that he and his classmates can be successful.

My sons first teacher last year was horrible. She called and sent me very rude messages about my son and would embarrass him in front of the class as "discipline" all in the first week. I set up a meeting with the principal and his teacher for that Friday and took my mother since she is a teacher to witness this woman's behavior and after the teacher left the meeting we both told the principal that that teacher wasn't going to work out I wanted my son moved to a different class. She told us that it couldn't be done at that time but she would keep an eye on the situation. She lied. My son was put down and embarrassed by that teacher so much that when I would pick him up from school the first thing he would say to me was "mommy I'm a bad boy I'm no good I wish I had never been born." My son got to the point he would cry that he didn't ever want to go back. You can imagine how upset this made me so again I requested for a change and again was told no. Well right before the Christmas break 2014 my husband went in to pick our son up and his teacher came to the front with some papers that we had requested and told my husband that he had behaved for his reading interventionist because she had threatened him... Well when my husband told me this that word didn't sit well with me so I asked my son what did she threaten you with and my son tells me "She was going to make me jump up and down in the corner of the classroom" as you can imagine this upset me to hear and then my son tells me "I've only had to do it three or four times some of the kids laugh at me but not all of them." I have two witnesses that confirm this. So this "Teacher" who was supposed to teach and encourage my son was tearing him down and humiliating him. After finding this out I called the school and demanded a change and informed them what was going on when my son returned he had a new amazing teacher but the damage was done. I'm still combating what she did to him psychologically he still says that he is no good that he can't do anything right. This woman got away with it no disciplinary action was taken against this her and now this year he has a great teacher but again still trying to get him the help he needs even when we have paid to have him tested ourselves they don't want to accept the results and provide him with the help he needs. I am so tired of this school.

This is one of the worst schools my child ha sever attended, I think the teacher's simply just go to pick up a paycheck. My daughter is not learning in this school and it seems every night she comes home with homework, we have to re-teach her what she should ALREADY know. Setting up a meeting with the principal is near impossible, they just don't care, it's that simple. Honestly, avoid this school if at all possible, you would get your money's worth putting them in a private school for the first two years!!!!!! We are moving at the end of the year and I can't wait, and it's due to the horrible school district in Crosby, Barrett Primary is the worst school I've ever had to send my child to, period!

A attendance employ failed to inform us of her not receiving are parents excuses, These excuses are only good for 3 days, because of her , she has managed to almost destroy are family . My wife always submits an excuse by fax, but we were (never) informed that the school was not receiving them on days they were absent for being (sick.) SEE IT ALL AT: zefskennels.com thank you.

I love the way the school gets involved and has a low child to teacher ratio, and they keep me informed of things going on with my child.

Last modified Barrett Primary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-2