Posted November 06, 2014
My daughter goes to 5 grade she is been bully all the time and the teachers say she is lying but my daughter have now of suicide and she is only 10 yrs and had a conference with the teachers and they only talk bad of my daughter but never told me how they could help. No help from the school at all even the child protective service told me to talk to the principal cause of her been bully but school just wash there hands saying my daughter is gonna fail and she lies....

Posted February 23, 2014
You should see the test scores for 2012! The school really went downhill when the new illiterate principle took over. The scores were all in the mid-low 70s.

Posted September 01, 2013
The school needs a compassionate leader. The school is run like a prison. The A.P.s are awesome, it is the principal that needs to retire from strict one sided ways.

Posted March 26, 2013
I'm giving this an above average rating based on the new principal and asst Principal, Mr. Berringer and Mrs. Kratky and one teacher, Mrs. Ledvina. My child had some issues at the beginning of the year related to being highly unfocused and unorganized. Through several parent-teacher meetings, which Mrs. Kratky also attended, we came up with a game plan and enacted it. My child has done a complete turnaround with a little extra help and reminding from Mrs. Ledvina of things he may have forgetten. I've also received phone calls and emails from Mrs. Ledvina whenever she starts notice him faltering too much. Wonderful communications after a bumpy start this year. The only negative thing I have to say is that the school nurse is NEVER on time. I tried looking on the district website to find out what her schedule is, but it's not there. I have consistently ran almost an hour late for work each month when it's time to drop my childs medications off because she doesn't come strolling in until around 8:20. The school opens at 7:30. Shouldn't she be on campus when students begin showing up, not when the bell rings?? It is frustrating since she's the only one who I can drop the meds off to.

Posted September 17, 2012
this is the worst school in the district. What a waste of my tax dollars. The location of the school is right in the middle of a high drug and crime area not to mention the sex offender located in the area.

Drew Intermediate School 5

Posted March 07, 2010
Much has changed over the past 5 years at Drew and that's a great thing! The principal, along with her assistant principals and teachers run a great program for the students. The school prides itself on improving student academics as well as nurturing the whole child by providing the students with programs to help them bond. Available to the student, we have gymnastics, chess, basketball, dance, UIL competitions, cross country, etc.. (I know I'm forgetting something.) When students need extra academic support, it's provided by staff as well as peer tutoring when appropriate. Drew has become a campus to be proud of.

Posted December 16, 2008

Drew Intermediate School 5

Posted May 15, 2008

Posted September 29, 2007
My daughter is a student at this school and is ADHD... Her adcademics are faltering and so is her self esteem. She has been denied access to the library in order to get the materials needed for homework assignments. one teacher, told my daughter to tell me 'she did not need my notes and letters.' I am not at all pleased with this school or the staff. They place way too much emphasis on the extracurricular activities and not enough on the academics. If I could take away stars... I would.

Posted February 16, 2006
My child is currently enrolled in this school. The school has challenge math and GT classes, student council, participates in UIL competitions, has gymnastics and choir afterschool programs. A lot of students take one huge 'real' elective - band. The rest of electives are 6 weeks rotations of music, computer, art etc. The school has a new principal who is not terrible anymore and provides a lot of opportunities for students. The district replaced a lot of teachers. The school has been under construction for several years. Every year they build something new: the new library, the new gym, the new 6th grade section, the new cafeteria... And the school looks much better than before. Since it's a little district students have chance to participate in different activities at middle and high school like dance and sport workshops, choir and gymnastics performances at sport games.

Drew Intermediate School
P O Box 2009, Crosby, TX  77532
Last modified Drew Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Drew Intermediate School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top