Crowley, TX

Posted January 09, 2014
Our two kids (3rd/7th) have been going to NCA for 6 years. The class sizes are small and all the kids seem to get along. With grades only having 20-30 kids the kids most teachers know all the kids in the entire school. We love the small town atmosphere and the kids benefit from it. They teach the A Beka system and I think that my children are getting a good education. The school has recently added a percussion department and it is growing by leaps and bounds. I read some of the negatives that others have stated and I disagree with most. I ve seen some turnover in the lower grades as teachers are starting their career. I have been impressed with the amount of knowledge of the bible my kids have learned and retained. We do not go to FWF church and never have been an outcast for it. They do ask for money from time to time but no more than public school did. As for sports they have football, baseball, softball, volleyball, girls and boys basketball and track. They also win championships in these sports annually so they are doing something right. I ve been really surprised that the school has been able to accomplish what it has with the significantly lower fees.

Posted August 30, 2013
My step daughter goes there and is loving it. She is doing great. The staff is awesome and very kind. She loves her teacher. I don't have anything bad to say about this school. I give it 5 stars.

Posted August 12, 2013
Mrs. Newman the fifth grade teacher is awesome!!! I love love love love love love love love love her teaching skills!

Posted August 01, 2013
Our son is in 9th grade and has been there since kindergarten. trust me when I tell yo it's the best 500 dollar a month Investment I could have ever made for my child. Ups am downs? Sure. Not always totally happy? Of course not. Its called life. My sons cousin is in the same grade in public school and my son is probably two years ahead of him in most classes. The spiritual aspect is not the reason I sent my son there. discipline and the high academic structure are. the school gets a lot of last chance kids that's parents have tried everything and they bring them here. since the school is not bound by the same rules and laws as public school bad kids get removed quickly which is great. we love it and we love the principle Mrs Starks. We plan to make it thru to graduation. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. 817-739-7434

Nazarene Christian Academy 4

Posted September 02, 2012
We have been very pleased with NCA. My children are in elementary and have been attending for two years now. The school has a Christ centered vision and strong educational leadership.

Nazarene Christian Academy 1

Posted July 16, 2012
I am sorry to say that our experience at NCA was not what we had hoped it to be. It did not take long to discover that if you were not a member of the church there, your family was treated differently. Staff kids had one set of rules while everyone else had another. We were continuously being asked for money and to volunteer our time but if we had an issue that needed to be addressed, we felt as though our concerns were not even so much as acknowledged. As far as a Christian Atmosphere, I did not feel the love of Christ at any time during our 4 years there. My prayer is that maybe this review and others like it will open there eyes to the things that definitely need work. They have an awesome opportunity to make a difference in the lives of their students as well as the community around them but changes definitely will have to be made in order to do so. I think that the turn over in students as well as faculty proves just that.

Nazarene Christian Academy 1

Posted May 30, 2012
This private Christian School could be so much more. We had our child attend this school for about four years. By the fourth year (5 months into a new year) my child received bad conducts "daily" from his "new teacher". My child wasn't a bad student (A's). The teacher was excessive with her conduct notes not only to my child but many other childern. The whole class and parents were in an up-roar! No positive re-enforcement when you "think" your putting your child in loving hands of the Lord. A human being can only be told their horrible every day for so long. If you send your child here.... not sure you will get a quality teacher.

Posted January 20, 2012
Our son started kindergarten this year and we checked out many Christian schools in the area. We are so glad we chose this one. I know when I drop him off everyday he is safe, loved by his teachers, getting a great education, and learning about the Lord. I have met the kindergarten & 1st grade teachers, the office staff, some high school teachers, and many parents since he started. I am still impressed! Again, so glad we chose NCA.

Posted October 07, 2011
My 2nd and 4th grader attend NCA, one since kindergarten and my oldest since 1st grade. We've had some great teachers and some we didn't agree with. However, overall this school is excellent if you want your children to attend a school that teaches the truth from the WORD of God in addition to the curriculum. The principal K. Starks has an excellent open door policy and we love her! The office staff is always friendly and helpful. NCA will give your kids an opportunity to flourish as children of God as they grow from the youngest of ages on into their teen years. You cannot receive that from a public school, period. very pleased parent, J.Lewis

Nazarene Christian Academy 4

Posted March 28, 2011
Rapidly growing athletic program that offers plenty of choices for a school this size. Principal has open door policy with students. Secondary math is excellent. This was a great change from public school for my child in secondary. Some great teachers--some not so great--as in any school. But all care staff members care about the students. Glad to leave the drama of public school behind. A lot of small in-house fund raising (not selling to friends) in addition to the tuition, but it is all voluntary and money goes to athletics, mission efforts, etc.

Nazarene Christian Academy
2001 East Main Street, Crowley, TX  76036
Last modified Nazarene Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Nazarene Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top