Cypress, TX
Students enrolled: 1,851

Posted May 27, 2015
Bad teachers with a bad way of handleing things, for such a nice area you'd expect the school to be better.

Posted April 18, 2015
My daughter has been bullied for a couple of years now despite a zero tolerance for this behavior policy. Last week 5 students threatened to beat her up. One said he was going to beat her head in with a bag of hard candy. The principal said it was ridiculous to think this was a threat, the kids were fooling around. I later discovered he was angry at me for calling the school to ask if someone to check on the situation. When I asked to speak to him about the matter he told me he didn't have the time. A threat is a threat Mr. Woodridge. A 1st grader was suspended for eating a pop tart in the shape of an L because it looked like a gun.

Smith Middle School 2

Posted August 29, 2013
Pros/Cons Pros: Location (up scale neighborhood) Teaching methods (+) Communication (parent, teacher,student) dramaticly improved vs. last year Cons: some teachers only give credit and good compliments to whites and not Mexican nor African American students ( based on last year hope this year is different) staff also needs to improve when dealing with parents because everyone should be treated equal

Posted August 21, 2013
This School has some great teachers but a horriable principle.She is type of woman that has the attitude your wrong and right. I wouldnt be surpris f she is prejudice against minorites.One teacher was accused treating an AfricanAmerican boy with prejudice,but these things are kept quite.Smith middle school needs a new principle!

Smith Middle School 4

Posted August 18, 2013
This school is amazing! Very nice staff members, some very hot if I do say so myself, and this school has amazing curriculum. My daughter makes straight A's in level one classes and in elementary, she made C's and B;s. The teaching here truly is amazing. The school could probably work on their lunches as far as lines go and their lockers, but I know the lack of lockers is due to overpopulation. Well, even with it's flaws, I would recommend this school to anyone thinking about Smith Middle School, due to staff and grades. But your kid will say it's boring because there isn't any drama or fights, which is good in my eyes but I guess they like to see that kind of stuff? Anyways, off track. Go Sabercats!

Smith Middle School 2

Posted March 01, 2013
For the area this school is in, this school is below par. While there are some teachers that are great, many are not. Also there are behavior issues and teachers sometimes have problems with classroom management. Administrative staff is unresponsive and unwilling to listen to parent concerns. The school seems to cater to the struggling students and those with behavior issues. There is a small group of involved parents and I used to be one of them. Will be moving my child out of this school for next year.

Smith Middle School

Posted April 29, 2010
As a teacher at Smith Middle School, I am very happy! The students are fun to work with and the administration is organized, fair and supportive of staff and of students. This is truly a great school.

Smith Middle School 5

Posted February 16, 2010
My child was not the best student in school but the principal has worked with him and they notice that hes bright just not organized. It looks like his teachers really care about his education and they're trying what they can to make learning fun and achievable for my son. I highly recommend this school to anyone. The principal is awesome and so are most of the teachers.

Smith Middle School 4

Posted October 18, 2009
It's a great...school.. And the teachers are great.. But I dont like how we can't go right when the bell rings at lunch it's just not fair. But smith is an awsome school.

Smith Middle School 5

Posted August 03, 2009
Best administrative team in all of cy-fair hands down. The students are going to love the Principal, Mrs. Higgins! She has hired an incredible Administrative staff an the teachers were hand picked from the beat of the best due to the prime location of the school.

Smith Middle School
19325 Cypress North Houston Road, Cypress, TX  77429
Last modified Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top