K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At Covenant, we are seeking to connect the heart of the child to the heart of God by helping them to understand that He is all wisdom and knowledge and His Word is applicable to every subject and situation we face. We desire to instill in each child a deep sense of the joy of learning by challenging them, stretching them and growing them within the context of trusting and safe relationships. Our older students provide a tremendous amount of leadership in our school and our teachers are passionate about their calling as educators. In all things, we are about pursuing wisdom and virtue and the glory of God. Come and see for yourself!
June 27, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The school is warm and welcoming, the academic and religious programs are outstanding, and parent involvement is continually encouraged.

Covenant Academy has surpassed my expectations by far. I am thrilled with the classical education my children are receiving. They are learning how to think and how to defend the truth, beauty and goodness. From a biblical standpoint, they are experiencing what it means to serve others and how to be graciously served. As a parent, I truly feel like the teachers are partnering with me. And the culture of the school is one that is strongly committed to building a community. School events are wonderful celebrations attended by all and parents are always welcomed on campus. I often sit on the courtyard benches and quietly thank God for bringing my children to this school.

It has been two years that my daughter had been in public school until I found Covenant Academy. The curriculum is age appropriate, inspiring and old-school. The spirit of Covenant Academy translates into a joyful community and very happy children who love to learn. When you think about not having religion in schools, please listen to me when I tell you how important it is to have our child come home and teach her parents about Jesus, what she learned from her teacher. This school is an excellent investment in my child, who she is now and who she will grow to be.

The school is a safe environment. My kids are loved by the teachers and staff. The level of education is unparalleled. The school is a Christian community building leaders, and productive future adults.

From our kid's very first day at Covenant Academy all the students and staff welcomed them with open arms which made the transition for each of them so much easier. Covenant Academy is turning into more than we could have hoped for and is a true testament to the leadership and Christ like examples the staff embodies!

We researched for over a year to find the right school for us. We were looking for a classical christian school with a strong community and we finally found it! This will be our second year at the school and we couldn't be more pleased. Our grammar school age daughter has thrived in the nurturing environment and comes home every day excited about all that she is learning. It's exciting to see how God and the bible are woven into every subject. We found the community of families here very easy to get to know and supportive. Our daughter was also a part of the Junior Choir and American Heritage girls....looking forward to next year!

Covenant Academy has been an amazing experience for our family. We have a child in the grammar school as well as the upper school and are so pleased with how they transition from one grade to the next. The curriculum flows from year to year and the students grow in their confidence and abilities. Watching the older students speak at chapel as well as mentor the younger children is a blessing to see. It makes me look forward to what God will do with each of my children as they go into logic school. Mrs. Collins knows and loves each of the children at Covenant. It is a joy to watch her call to each one by name every morning and to see them run up to hug her. She is always available to talk with parents and always has a smile for everyone. We are so pleased with the education that our children are receiving and truly believe it to be the best around. We wouldn't have them anywhere else.

Our grandchild attended Covenant Academy for several years. In our opinion, Covenant Academy does not provide a Christ-centered environment for classical education. The written message of Covenant talks about love, however rigid discipline seems to be the overriding culture of this school. Negativity, criticism, threats, and punishment appear to take the place of encouragement and positive instruction, in and out of the classroom. The school community, with its frequent faculty and student turn over, may indicate that it is not a thriving Christian community, but one that is in desperate need of re-direction. We would not recommend this school as our experience has been overwhelmingly negative.

My family's experience with Covenant Academy has been truly amazing. In addition to the phenomenal education, which far exceeds even the Gifted & Talented Program in public schools, Covenant Academy continually works hard to create a community that is welcome and inviting to all. My children know almost every other student in the school and I know many of the other parents, not just from my children's classes. There are volunteer events, social events, fundraising events, Fun Friday's, field trips, chapel, and many other ways that parents are encouraged to attend. We all come together, not begrudgingly, but excited to be united together to accomplish something greater than what we can do individually. Education and community alone are enough to make a good school. What puts Covenant Academy ahead of other good schools is its foundation on a loving God. My children are not just learning about God's great love for them, they are feeling it and living it. They are surrounded by it, they talk about it, they sing about it. And they learn how to reciprocate that love back to God by loving Him and loving His people, His creations, and themselves. Nothing is more important than that.

The lost tools of learning have been found at Covenant Academy. Our 2 children are challenged every day to deliver their best at Covenant and several reasons contribute; Christian foundation, loving teachers, encouraging environment, rigorous Trivium curriculum and classmates who also strive to deliver their best. Teachers require the students to think critically while adding and nurturing additional layers of moral and character bedrock. The relatively small classes ensure nuances in learning are engrained where students master a skill before moving on to the next development. Our children are not forced to wait for the others to catch up while they may not be aware how rigorously this program pushes them. The Classical education is successful in developing critical minds by utilizing high quality study materials and avoiding propaganda that have been distilled into irrelevancy. Since joining Covenant this fall our active children in 4th and 5th grade children have not been made to feel overwhelmed or unfit. Covenant has been a sound investment in our most important priorities; the children and their minds.

Last modified Covenant Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12