Cypress, TX

Posted September 10, 2014
I feel as if in milsap they don't give the children time to be children. Recess is too short and during lunch they are not allowed to talk. It seems to me that the teachers are pushed by the district to push as much as they can into the students' head and expect them to remember everything in a really short time period. Noise travels exceptionally since the walls are only room dividers. I do not recommend this school for children who have difficulty paying attention or children who cannot sit down for long periods of time.

Posted April 03, 2014
I feel as though the teachers are being pushed too hard and in turn are demanding too much of their students academically. They are not focusing on allowing students to learn to deal with everyday life situations while in school. My child is in Kindergarten and while I understand these are different times, I believe the teachers are being forced to forego the normal teachings of social skills and social interaction during the class so that they can meet the government's academic requirements in order to get funded. That is a shame. Young children are not learning the basics of what kindergarten should be like. They get in trouble in the class room for talking, AND they get in trouble during their 30 minute lunch if they talk then too. I feel like the teachers try to do a good job, but are overwhelmed by this bureaucratic nonsense. this translates to the teachers putting a lot of stress on the young children. I can understand that the school would demand that much academic fullfilment from higher grades, but not from kindergarteners who should be learning colors, abc's and social interaction. The lack of this teachings results in children being intolerant.

Posted November 06, 2012
My son is in kindergarten this year, and his teacher has over 35 years of experience. She has been a God-send! The school itself has strong parent involvement. They have a fall festival that well organized, and I saw many parents, teachers, and administrators out there with happy faces having fun with the kids. The kids, teachers, and parents are now getting ready for field day, which we are looking forward to as well! Many parents are also involved with this as well. We've only been a part of Millsap for a little over two months, but I've been impressed. My son is reading by sounding out words, which is just awesome. The teachers have been positive working with his endless energy. My son also seems to be very aware of the world around him whether it be honoring veterans (and knowing what they do for our country) or the current presidential election. My only complaint would be the size of the classes. My son's teacher works long hours to keep things running smoothly, but has added nearly ten kids since the first day due to budget cuts. I'd like to thank the teachers and the parents of this school for making this such an amazing place for my child to go to school.

Millsap Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2012
I have had two boys attend this school, the youngest is in his last year. I think this school does all it can to be the best, I, like others have had a few bad incidents but all in all it has been a very good experience for my boys. The new Principle did supposedly take away the Horizons program, but it still went on, however my oldest son still acheived high grades thanks to the Teachers involved! My youngest son has a medical condition and the teachers where aware of it but did not make him feel like he was special while keeping an eyue on him, so THANK YOU teachers of Milsap for doing all that you do!

Posted November 10, 2011
This school has really improved in the last few years with the help of the new principal. The school is rated exemplary for the 3rd year in a row. The school is ranked as #1 with 306 other schools for the writing TAKS test. The passing rate was 100%. Only 3 schools in Cy-Fair accomplished this feat. I am proud that I spent my elementary years at this school. I went for a visit and found teachers who are still there. That is 15-25 years some have been at Millsap. That is dedication!

Posted May 08, 2011
I have 2 children that go to Millsap ages 6 & 9. This is there second year enrolled at the school and I think overall the school is between a 3.5 and a 4 our of 5. The only reason it is not higher is because I feel that some of the teachers lack good communication skills. My 6 years olds current 1st grade teacher is phenomenal at keeping me notified threw emails, notes home, or phone calls. But the flip side to that is that my 9 years olds teachers do not communicate nearly as well. Emails take days to be replied too phone calls and messages will go unanswered and notes to the school will go with out a response. I do find that when ever I want to set up a meeting and meet with the teachers they are always more then willing which is good but who has time to constantly go to the school to have small questions answered. The speech program is also phenomenal. My 6 year old was enrolled in the program this school year and his language skills have improved by leaps and bounds. The school has a lot of activities for the kids and many opportunities for the parents to get involved. If all the teachers could communicate like Mrs. Hunt. The school would be outstanding.

Millsap Elementary School 0

Posted January 05, 2010
I have always received great communication with Millsap. We have sent 4 children though and have loved it... and then the new principle came in after Christmas break in 2008-2009 school year. She has taken away the Honor roll completely! I found out about it by a series of coinsidences, otherwise I would have never heard about it. She has hidden this from the parents! Crazy! A quote from one of the PTO leaders to me 'she doesn't want to make the kids who don't make honor roll feel bad.' WHAT! The woman who told me was devistated and crying about it as she tore down the honor roll display cabinet. She is trying very hard to level all the kids' playing fields. That's not fair to my kids. Why should my kids have to be held down to wait for others to catch up? We used to be proud to go to Millsap.

Posted August 06, 2009
I'd like to respond to the communication post because Millsap is extrodinary about sending home weekly letters to the entire parent population. What I love most about the way they communicate is that the teachers are always willing to meet with me on any need I have with child. Another EXCELLENT think I love about Millsap is the focus on quality instruction. They have been Exemplary for over 2 years and their results are very impressive!

Millsap Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2009

Millsap Elementary School 1

Posted February 17, 2009
We are very disappointed. There is no communications here and we have impression that people who works there are self centered and interested in paycheck only.

Millsap Elementary School
12424 Huffmeister Road, Cypress, TX  77429
Last modified Millsap Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millsap Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top