Hamilton Middle School 2

Posted March 15, 2013
The ap office is horrible gives unfair punishments.Most of the teachers are nice though but the district rarely allows extra credit in the more harder classes.

Posted September 22, 2012
We had two daughters that graduated from HMS in cypress, we loved this school. in 2012 the principal moved to the district office, so hopefully the new one will keep the same greatness. loved this school and appreciative of their hard work. great teachers, staff. all..

Hamilton Middle School 3

Posted April 24, 2012
Academics are very good, administration is overbearing and has no leeway for balancing discipline with the student's individual personality and learning process. Almost too much emphasis on testing.

Posted April 24, 2012
The teachers appear to be very good and they offer good academics. However, the administration greatly lacks. The principle is absentee. The APs do not communicate, collaborate or partner with parents. They see discipline issues very black and white and have very low tolerence for kid's behavior. This results in kids frequently being removed from class lessons to sit in the office to be interviewed about an incident whether they were at fault or not.

Posted January 27, 2012
I am a parent of a 6th grader and having two children one in elementary and now my oldest in middle school i was new to Hamilton Middle school this year. I love it! My son is a straight A student and likes all his teachers. I think the teachers at Hamilton Elementary did a fantastic job at preparing our kids for 6th grade and the teachers at Hamilton Middle are doing a great job at preparing our kids for highschool. I really dont understand those parents who have left bad reviews for this school I have heard nothing but good things about it since i was a child and am now experiencing it myself. ......I am VERY familiar with this school district as I started going to school here when I was 8. Excellent school Excellent district!!!

Posted September 29, 2010
I pulled my child from this school due to bullying. I advise against this school district not only for that reason, but academically it is also very poor.

Posted June 08, 2010
An excellent school in every way. The teachers are wonderful, and they work hard to make certain your children will succeed.

Posted April 20, 2010
It has (mostly) awesome teachers and has been exemplary for the past 3 years and gets good TAKS scores. The lunch actually doesn't taste like barf AT ALL and we are the TIGERS (and everyone should know tigers are BEAST!). Also we have a kool janitor dude and our commons area is named after holocaust survivor Walter Kase. The only time a student ever brought a weapon was when someone accidentally left a pocket knife in his backpack after a spring break camping trip (and for all you skeptics out there his dad confirmed it). It is THE BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL IN THE WORLD. GO TIGERS!!!!

Posted April 11, 2010
Great school, I enjoy all of my electives and clubs. To be honest, those who complain about work are just lazy. I'm sorry if you can't color in a map for geography, or if you can't handle TAKS. If you take time to schedule your day, you can find time for your assignments; Don't put them off till the last minute. The bad parent reviews are obiously disgruntled kids or parents who are out of loop. This is the best school in the district. Be glad you're at this school and not at Labay or something. Fyi, I am a student, and I have a distinguished honor roll as well.

Posted November 15, 2009
Unsatisfactory school because of overemphasis on testing. Most time is spent preparing for the TAKS test & taking many quizzes/tests/SFAs(benchmark tests). Even worse, is the amount of homework time students waste coloring & drawing for academic classes. Mine didn't choose to enroll in Art. For some reason, CFISD curriculum dept has decided drawing, writing notes in colored pencil, etc. is a priority. A complete waste of time! A major distraction from educational activities, extracurricular activities, etc. Many teachers are great, but they are bound my HMS/CFISD rules. I agree w/ parent who said administration is overbearing.

Hamilton Middle School
12330 Kluge Road, Cypress, TX  77429
Last modified Hamilton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top