Cypress, TX
Students enrolled: 1,276

Swenke Elementary School 4

Posted December 11, 2013
I've had 3 kids attend Swenke. Most of the time I'm happy with it. For example whenever one of my children had difficulty with something, the teachers offer tutoring. They are on top of it that way. They offer some before/after school activities (fit girls, iron boys, chess club, choir). I do have complaints about the overcrowding of this school (as well as many schools in the district). They are WAY overcrowded. They have to hold classes in trailers in the back, which I believe are unsafe for children to be in. The principal & AP are responsive to concerns, but they certainly don't go out of their way to fix anything. One of the nurses is horrible. Parental involvement is almost too much. Parents are at every event. Cafeteria stuff is NOT helpful at all. My kids always complain that the lunch ladies yell at them. The stickers they put on the kids annoy me. No kid should have to wear a bright red sticker telling the world they owe lunch money. More than once, the school stickers ruined clothes. I also stopped writing a note when I need to get my child early-it's pointless. They're never ready to go. Overall I like the school. With just a few improvements, it'd be a stellar school!

Swenke Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2013
The only reason I am giving Swenke 3 stars is because of the first year it was open. Administration during that year was supportive, warm and welcoming for children. New administration has caused the school to be run like a business. Experienced teachers have been run off. Students are not prepared for middle and high school. For example, we were told that it was 'district policy' that homework was only graded for completion. Imagine my (and my children's) shock when we enrolled in another Cy-Fair elementary school - and not only is homework graded, points are deducted if it is late! Guess the 'district policy' at Swenke was just a way to cater to the parents. This doesn't teach life lessons.

Posted April 05, 2013
We absolutely love Swenke, excellent school with awesome teachers and staff. This is our second year and coming from another school in CY-Fair ISD we still noticed a huge difference. The communication with the teachers is impressive, all the parents are very involved and we have an awesome PTO!! My kids love Swenke!

Posted April 04, 2013
We are wrapping up our second year here at Swenke and I'm so happy to have such a wonderful school for both my soon to be 3rd grader and Kindergartener to attend next year. The staff all genuinely care about each student and the teachers are really top notch! Lots of communication and a positive, encouraging learning environment. Even the ladies in the cafeteria make an amazing effort to learn each students name and greet them as they get their lunch with a smile. The small things make such a big difference and this school shows it!

Swenke Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2013
Very disappointed with the staff at Swenke the past two years. We have been at Swenke since it opened and is not the school it use to be.

Posted July 29, 2012
We love Swenke. The teachers are caring and challenge each student to achieve his/her highest potential. Parents are very involved and community support is amazing. Swenke has a strong PTO with a focus on student development. My child entered Kinder in 2009 (Swenke's first year) and is now entering 3rd grade and I can honestly say that our school just gets better every year.

Posted May 24, 2011
Hi, This is our first year at Swenke and it was been Fantastic! Thx! Everyone!

Posted September 27, 2010
We have nothing but positive things to say about Swenke. We began last year in Kinder and now are in 1st grade. Love the enthusiasm and dedication. Parents ARE involved.

Posted September 01, 2010
My daughter just stated going to Swenke this year, and so far I love it. Really well organized.

Posted June 23, 2010
Three of my children attended Swenke. They loved it. I loved it. The teachers were great. They had my children's best interest at heart. We are relocating therefore, we will miss being part of Swenke. My 3rd grader especially cried on the last day of school because she was going to miss her teachers especially.

Swenke Elementary School
22400 Fairfield Village Drive, Cypress, TX  77433
Last modified Swenke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Swenke Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top