Bad
Good

NOTED EFFORT THIS YEAR TO REIN IN THOSE PARENTS WHO THINK THEY ARE MORE PRIVILEGED THAN OTHERS AS TO SCHOOL DROP OFF AND PICK UP. HOPE A POLICE PRESENCE WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP THINGS A BIT MORE ORGANIZED. THERE ARE NOW AT LEAST 3 STAFF MEMBERS/TEACHERS IN THE DROP OFF ZONES WHO ARE ABSOLUTELY "GLOWING" AND WELCOME THE STUDENTS IN A VERY UPBEAT MANNER. TOO SOON TO KNOW IF INTERNAL ORGANIZATION HAS IMPROVED THIS YEAR. APPARENTLY, THERE IS A NEW MUSIC TEACHER AND I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT WILL BE AN IMPROVEMENT TO THE MUSIC DEPARTMENT. LIKE OTHER PARENTS, I DO NOT APPROVE OF THE OPEN CLASSROOM BUT THAT'S HOW THE SCHOOL WAS BUILT.

Summer is almost ended. I am afraid the pick up/ drop off is still stay the same situation like last year. TERRIBLE!! NO RULES!! Some parents park their cars wherever they want, some cut off the line without any words. Also, I really don't like the "open" style classroom. How can students focus on their work in that atmosphere. Farney, I wish I will like you more, please teach me how!!!!

Farney is a vert good school but I do have my concerns regarding Principal and AP's - especially concerning discipline with children at risk.

I agree with other recent posts I see here.There is a lot of disorganization and a lack of communiation to the students and parents. We are indeed left scrambling to send our children prepared much of the time. I don't know if this is in all of the CFISD schools or just Farney, but over the last 5 years that my child has attended I've seen a decrease each year in the engagement of the staff an teachers with the students and parents. At this year's cirriculum night, parents were asking how we could better help prepare our kids for the STAAR tests. The teachers seemed agitated and simply said they had no idea. It was just going to be hard. I realize that the teachers are frustrated, but don't you think the kids are picking up on that? I know mine does.

I'm a student at 5th grade at farney and here are some things in MY PERSPECTIVE: the school has nice teachers and " strict " or shall we say mean teachers, some times getting on students for ridiculous reasons, others for learning conditions of the student and students, 2nd, the school is very motivating and helpful, you can count on them to keep your child enthusiastic to learn,3rd, if they expect you to bring supplies or a project they expect it, no soon or later, so be prepared for exact scheduling, 4th maybe this school does have some downs and ups but don't let that stop you from signing your kid up. REMEMBER, this is from a STUDENTS PERSPECTIVE, there's a lot I can't put in to words.

I love this School, the teachers and staff are very friendly and caring about the students. I am definitely satisfied with my children attending this School.

I've been affiliated with Farney Elementary for several years and have found most of the teachers, administration, and parents extremely committed to providing children an above average learning experience. The Principal is outstanding with a heart of gold, years of valuable experience, and a great sense of humor. The school has an Instructional Specialist named Sarah that is passionate about helping kids of all ages, is intelligent, well-spoken, and wonderfully creative. She is a large reason why I'm proud to be associated with the Farney Falcon family.

I have CFISD in general less than stellar. The open concept classroom is not conducive to an adquete learning environment. Even I, a parent, get distracted when helping in the classroom. People need to remember when choosing a school system that 'Exemplary' and 'Recognized' only refers to percentage of passing test scores. Not the quality of the education itself. I wish I had known all of this myself before purchasing our 'forever' home in CFISD.

Last modified Farney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.