Cypress, TX
Students enrolled: 1,208

Goodson Middle School 4

Posted June 02, 2014
There are many great things about this school. The music program is fantastic; good sports program for basketball. Great job teaching kids about bullying, character and making good life choices. The teachers appear to be good, but I find little proactive initiative. If there is an opportunity for my child to improve his grade, the child and parent have to take 100% of initiative. **How hard can it be to hand out another make-up assignment and have the child take it home?** Instead I have to log in daily to get grades and request specific assignments be redone via email, download the tutor form and make sure it gets to the school so he can stay after- for each assignment which is up to two per class per grading period. That's 10 times every 6 weeks - but the teacher and student see each other daily! It does not need to be this complicated. Also, teacher did not send my child to the nurse when he didn't feel well - turns out he had strep. I suggest you provide a CELL PHONE to your child so he/she can text you if there is a problem. I do not trust the school to alert me if mine is sick. That is generally all schools, not just Goodson.

Posted March 13, 2014
Great School, 1 child attended and has graduated from HS, 3 more are currently attending, and 1 more in two years. Moved from Arnold MS and Cy-Fair HS area to Goodson MS and Cy-Woods schools area. My oldest had lots of trouble with being bullied, at Arnold, came home cut and bleeding a couple times from being pushed around. Started attending Goodson MS and has never had another problem. My other 3 children attending Goodson MS love the school, their teachers. The culture of the administration and what they are willing to accept as the norm is what make the biggest difference. Goodson has a zero bulling tolerance and has a culture of community.

Goodson Middle School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
Great counsellor, knows the children and plans ahead for high school.

Posted January 27, 2010
We moved here from California where our daughter was in one of the top three school districts in the state. She was in all the top level classes getting A's. She started school here in Texas and was struggling. She tested 2.3 years behind in curriculum! I couldn't believe it! Some subjects, such as Science, were never offered in California. With the help of the school and teachers at Goodson, she managed to get A's and B's exiting the semester. They worked very hard with her to ensure her success. With there help and a great deal of dedication and hard work on her part, she prevailed. The environment at the school is excellent. The kids are good kids. The teachers are superb and highly dedicated. I am so thankful for all that this school has done!

Goodson Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Teachers are awesome and really work with our kids.

Posted November 28, 2008

Posted November 08, 2008
I attended Goodson Middle School until this past year when I moved to Austin. This has got to be the best middle school I have ever attended. It is a public school but the curriculum there is the best. They have classes for every level whether you are average or you need to be in GT. (gifted and talented) It has a wonderful warm and inviting atmosphere and the teachers are great! I miss it sooo much and I am really glad I was able to attend such a wonderful and academically challenging school.

Goodson Middle School 1

Posted November 01, 2008

Posted October 28, 2008

Posted December 21, 2007
Goodson is the best middel school ever! My kids have been attending since it opened. I have never been disatisfied with the teacher/parent communication. They have very fun activities for the students and no one is ever left out.

Goodson Middle School
17333 Huffmeister Road, Cypress, TX  77429
Last modified Goodson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goodson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top