Dallas, TX

Highland Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted August 28, 2009
Students learn alot. One student learned to read very well. It's the most fantastic schools in the dallas isd. my son learned how to talk perfecly. I was so proud of him.

Posted December 15, 2008
Everything at Highland Meadows is very good except Parent Involvement. Nine out of 10 students who attend this school are from low income families. I cannot help but wonder if parent involvement in PTA and other organizations is lacking because of the number of single parent families who must work during the day and come home too tired in the evening to attend functions. The faculty and staff are wonderful. They have done a great job with student achievement in the 5 years that the school has existed.

Highland Meadows Elementary School 0

Posted September 11, 2008
This school is very nice but the staff is very very rude, I do not like how the teachers act towards the parents, my neice just started kindergarden and does not know her way around this school, parents are not allowed to take the young ones to their class , they expect the young children to go by themselves, and I do not think that it is right for a teacher to yell at a parent and tell them they can't go back with their child to drop them off by their class.. So The teachers are very very rude and unorganized..

Highland Meadows Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2008

Posted February 06, 2007
My family has been involved with Highland Meadows from the very beginning as my son started Kindergarten when it opened. The staff is very dedicated, caring and professional. The facilities are brand new and holding up well. The playground that was added last year has been a great improvement. Dr. Jones has done an outstanding job at the school and has worked hard to keep the community involved. She has also responded to the neighbor's concerns about after-hours activities at the playground and things there have improved greatly. Well done Dr. Jones, we are glad to have you at our school!

Posted September 13, 2006
This is a fascinating school! My child attended here and achieved academically! She is know in a TAG school thanks to the effort of the teachers in teaching my child!

Posted February 21, 2006
I have two children attending this school and have been happy with Academic level as well as extracurricular activities. As a PTA Board member, I must say that it has been difficult to raise the level of parental involvement to a level that the PTA would like to see.

Highland Meadows Elementary School 0

Posted January 29, 2006
The district is too large for any school to be successful

Posted January 14, 2006
Highland Meadows has great teachers. They are knowledgeable, dedicated and caring. This is a new school. This is only the second year that it has been open. The playgrounds added this year are a very welcome addition. My child is in the preschool program and he has music and art. Overall, I would rate Highland Meadows a 7 out of 10. The only area I feel could use improvement is the class sizes. I would like to teacher to child ratio to be smaller.

Posted October 02, 2005
Brand new school! I believe the district could do a better job with finishing outstanding projects.

Highland Meadows Elementary School
8939 Whitewing Lane, Dallas, TX  75238
Last modified Highland Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Meadows Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top