Bad
Good

St. Anthony Academy have a great curriculum. I find they're level of teaching impressive.

This is an update from my 2007 post. I am changing my 2007 post in which I gave my approval of this school. It is now 2010, and this school has really gone down hill. The leadership and curriculum are awful, and part of the problem is that the administration allows troubled/troublesome students to enroll in this school and allows them to stay even when they constantly disrupt classes, which is further bringing the school down. It seems the principal isn't making the students the priority as in years past, and there's a steady revolving door where teachers are concerned. Not sure why this principal has dropped the ball, but he has. This school has great potential, but a school is only as good as its leadership. This school isn't nearly as good as it could be.

My son has also attended St Anthony since kindergarten, which was 3 years ago. In the beginning I loved the school and all it stood for but last year and this year has not been very great. I see great potential in St Anthony but I don't think my son will be attending next year. The lunch is horrible, they are taks driven, the principal is tyrannical, and overall me and my child dread the school. Hopefully things will turn around and some organization and structure will arrive but we stay around to see it.

Excellent school. They develop academics as well as character.

This school is a blessing. My children enjoying going to school daily. I appreciate the teachers and administration for their dedication.

In the beginning I was very excited about the school but after having spending some time their, I have become overall disappointed. The leadership lacks leadership, the school lacks organization, and the Teachers (many) lack professionalism. The curriculm is TAKS driven to increase funding that is not put back into the school. The meals provided lacks basic nutrition.

I am a sonn to be graduating student and I can't wait to get out of that hell-hole they call a school. Everyone is parioid and already two teachers have been fired. We've subsitutes in and out as if this was a diner. This is supposed to be an establishment of learning but all it has brought was stress.

St. Anthony is a thriving school. There are as many problems there as with any other school. Leadership did change which brought about question in a complacement environment. Feathers were ruffled and clean up was hard, but the principal has put in place a team of teachers (K-2) that are very capable of teaching and caring for the children there. I was very leary in the beginning because of the continual inconsistencies shown through administartion, but after talking with the principal and curicculum director I was assured that my child would receive a great education. Flexibility, a positive, mind and prayer has allowed this school to reach new heights in education. I believe they have a long way to go in some areas, but overall, I am pleased with the school.

Overall, I am very disappointed in St. Anthony. Initially, the principal hyped the school up to be more than it was. The school is just awful. It lacks many resources that are needed and the administration is inadequate to say the least.

This is my son's first year at the school and I am impressed with what my son has learned. He is in the pre k class and he is thriving. He is beginning to read and spell. His teacher is very caring and nurturing, I had a few problems early one with administration, but one email to the principal corrected that problem Overall I don't think St. Anthony's is the best, but for a charter school (Free) it is pretty good. You have to pay a pretty penny at most schools to get what St. Anthony's gives you for free.

Last modified St Anthony Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.