Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Le 4

Posted May 20, 2014
Rangel attracts students who have proven themselves through good grades, high test scores, and good citizenship. Other positives include a well-stocked library, college advisor, summer camps, and programs. Rangel is not the best school for an introverted or sensitive person. And although the art and drama teachers are excellent, the school itself may not be the best place for someone who values creativity over production. It is a good school for a driven, focused person who easily grasps math and science and doesn't get discouraged by lack of positive reinforcement. The workload is intense. My daughters have had midnight online deadlines on Saturdays. The block schedule makes deadlines hard to remember. Some assignments are due before school, others at the start of class, others online. Tutoring is available but not always helpful, because certain teachers can be intimidating. Nevertheless, the school is safe, the students are introduced to the wide range of possibilities for women, and outside funding from the Foundation for the Education of Young Women gives Rangel students access to camps, field trips, guest speakers, and literature that other schools cannot provide.

Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Le 3

Posted January 08, 2014
To be honest, when I enrolled I thought was going to. Hard, but it is not hard, its a struggle. Some teachers are great. Others really don't teach well. The home work, and project are too much. So teachers want u to focus on their work, others don't teach anything. FINE ARTS IS BEING CUT! I asked a faculty from our school if they supported the fine arts. She said she did, but then again orchestra was cut. That was my passion. Extra activities are great, but their needs to be more variety. It is difficult, and I liked the school at first, but now, I dislike it greatly! I do not reccomend if you break during stress if u don't like being stressed out do not go it is harsh. And hopefully IG will get better over time.

Posted October 28, 2013
This school is very challenging and you have to be willing and determined to face the school. Once you are in the school, you will soon realize that although you may be struggling in your core classes, every teacher is there to help and guide you individually through tutoring. One of the most genuine characteristics about the school we are all sisters. We are all going to be there for each other, and follow the Rangel creed, "I believe I am my sister's keeper."

Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Le 4

Posted November 14, 2012
This school gave me a whole lot of homework and experience. I got to Atwell now, but I will forever miss Rangel, because the girls were always there for me and they were my sisters. However, my teachers were absolutely horrible.

Posted July 21, 2012
This school helpped me do alot for my future. I am a student in Irma Lerma Rangel YWLS and I never thought I would! My first school year was so much fun, filled with friends, homework, and awsome extra caricular activities. All the teachers there are very welcoming so you can get used to your first year there. Since I am a second year student, I know how hard it is to be there when your in 6th grade. Your the first year students and don't know anybody. That is perfectly fine. That is what the awesome summer camps are for. So you can meet and interact with other panthers your age! It might be hard trying to catch up with all your classes the first few weeks, but you'll be happy you went there!! :)

Posted September 29, 2011
Rangel is a great place that is doing many wonderful things, truly empowering young women with the tools succeed in college and beyond. National Blue Ribbon School, and Texas Business & Education Coalition Honor Roll School. The first public all girls school in the state, and a model for the 4 new all girls schools (Houston, Austin, Ft. Worth, San Antonio and Lubbock). Many thanks to the Posey family, the administrators, and the educators at Rangel.

Posted June 12, 2011
This is truly a "great school". There are no disciplinary problems so the teachers can focus on educating these smart young ladies. The principal is amazing, the teachers are passionate about educating and their expectations are high. Not only do they expect these girls to graduate high school... but they expect them to graduate from college. It's a challenging school, but when they enter college, I know they will be prepared.

Posted May 14, 2010
Irma Rangel is a single sex school so it helps girls focus on schoolwork rather than boys and other things. This is definitely the most awesome school ever.

Posted May 13, 2010
it is a wonderful school, i do not worry about my daughter running danger because it is a safe school.

Posted May 13, 2010
Irma Rangel is so wonderful because of its motivated, intelligent students and its caring, dedicated teachers. It is a fabulous place to get an education. I feel privileged to teach here.

Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Le
1718 Robert B Cullum Boulevard, Dallas, TX  75210
Last modified Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Le is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Le Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top