Posted July 27, 2015
I wish my daughter had come to Winston sooner! I wish our family had been a part of the Winston family sooner. From the interview on, I knew my daughter was in the right place. She woke me up on her first day of school and that continued every day for the remainder of the school year. The immediate feeling of "family" and "belonging" are just starters. My daughter went from not liking school and having issues with peers and teachers - to smiling and talking about what went on at school, without me having to probe. The teachers are such wonderful, special people themselves. They understand the children and the struggles we parents are going through. The communication is exemplary and as a collective the entire set-up truly is about making each child thrive. I am eagerly awaiting for school to begin because my daughter is so happy to be returning. The other children are so compassionate to each other. Each one of them is among such a variety of other stellar kids. Most of whom would not have begun to reach their potentials if not for Winston. I could wax on about how wonderful this school is. EVERYTHING truly is about the child. To go from feeling like you are alone and no one understands your child-to everything being a light bulb moment for both you and your child is indescribable. I cried upon my child getting accepted, I truly did. It was such a huge relief to know that she was going to be in such safe hands. Not just safe but loving and nurturing too. If you are fortunate to become a part of Winston, I promise you too will feel as I do and your child will too. Good luck. Make it happen. It will change your child's life forever.

Posted July 25, 2015
This was my son’s first year at Winston and we were both unsure of what to expect. Winston definitely exceeded our expectations and my son had a great 6th grade year! When I visited Winston School I knew that it would provide the exact environment my son needed because he could simply learn and work at a pace comfortable for him, but my initial concern was the tuition. When we arrived what we found was what I was hoping for! A school where my son could continue to grow, learn, and gain the confidence that had been lacking previously. The thing I like most about the school is the positive environment that flows throughout Winston. All the teachers and staff have the common goal of helping your child to exceed all expectations. This belief is evident in the students that attend Winston and plays a great role in their educational path. My son believes in himself and wants to succeed and this is due to his teachers and the staff at Winston encouraging him on a daily basis. In addition to the positive environment, I now have peace of mind in knowing that he is on course educationally, receiving great communication from the teachers/staff on a consistent basis, and seeing my child happy and excited to go to school every day. I have recommended Winston to any and everyone that I come in contact with. I cannot say enough good things about Winston. I only wish that I’d known about Winston sooner! Winston provides a great environment for kids who learn differently. I’ve always known that my son was a smart kid and given the right setting he would soar. That’s just what he’s doing at Winston!

Posted September 26, 2014
Our family has been blessed by having the Winston School in our lives for the past 5 years. It is a true Community, with every member, from student and teacher to administrator and parent, contributing to its growth and success. Thank you, Winston School, for understanding our son and reigniting his love of learning!

Posted September 25, 2014
Moving our bright ADHD son to The Winston School was one of the best decisions we ever made! He hated school before and now LOVES it. He is more confident and his self-esteem has skyrocketed. We have been at Winston for 7 years now. The academics are excellent, and unlike many other schools, they do not drown the kids is repetitive homework. I have a child in another high-end private school in Dallas, and I can compare and confirm that the Winston curriculum is every bit as good or better. They encourage critical and creative thinking and keep the kids engaged and excited about learning. There are many bright/gifted kids at Winston who also happen to "learn differently." It is absolutely college-prep and a wonderful, caring environment. The Art department is particularly impressive. I visited almost every learning difference school in Dallas before picking Winston, and I think there is not a better school anywhere for the bright ADHD kid than The Winston School. We love it there!!

Posted September 25, 2014
The Winston School saved my family. After years of struggling in school my son was literally at rock bottom. We tried several learning different schools, every time we would try a new school I would be so hopeful that this would finally be the answer to his school struggles. Finally, I hired a specialist who helps place students with the right school. Once my son met with her, she simply said "Winston, of course!" I couldn't believe it, Winston was so close to our house, I hadn't even considered sending him to Winston but this specialist was convinced that Winston could meet his needs. Small school, small class sizes, smart kids who learn differently and a safe environment with nurturing teachers. It couldn't be that easy could it? We applied and were accepted and haven't regretted one minute. My son has been attending for three years and his self esteem has returned, he is learning to advocate for himself and take responsibility for his homework, his anxiety has decreased, and he has friends! He fits in for the first time. Our family gets to be a regular family again and not be so consumed school problems. Winston saved our family and our son.

Posted September 20, 2014
My youngest son has been at Winston for twelve years. He will graduate in May 2015. When we first took him to Winston we were promised that they would work on improving his weaknesses while giving him a chance to explore and excel in a variety of areas. He has become an amazing young man, and much of his success is because of the caring teachers and staff at Winston. He has been able to play in the band and star in some of the excellent plays the Drama department produces. He has been giving a chance to play tennis, football, basketball and basketball. With the help of the excellent counseling department, I feel confident he will find the perfect school for next year. The greatest thing about Winston is that his story is not unique. As he puts it: We are the weird and happy kids who will run the world!!! As a parent of 5, whose children have attended a large range of private schools, I can state that Winston is one of the very best.

Posted September 17, 2014
WINSTON IS THE VERY BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!! My daughter has attended Winston for 5 years and she still continues to thank me for sending her there. The faculty is awesome in so many ways. They are creative in their approach to instruction and meeting her needs. The school sets a high academic standard and is certainly preparing her for the college of her choice.

The Winston School 1

Posted April 16, 2014
This school is, as we are learning now, not up to the standards that we would expect for $27,000. The administrators are hypocritical and my child is not prepared for the next level. Definitely not worth the money and you can certainly get 504 accommodations elsewhere for less of a headache.

The Winston School 1

Posted April 03, 2014
Winston is not a very good school for many students. "Sub par" is even a pushing it. In my child's grade level, there was a lot of bullying and innapropriate behavior. It seemed as though standards were let down to keep up enrollment. The teachers barely did anything about it. They gave the students so many second chances that it was ridiculous.That is just one issue. The education is also marginal. At Winston, they spend insanely long amounts of time on things that aren't very important and then skip over the very important parts. In fifth grade, my child didn't even have a science class. Also, at least in lower school, nothing gets done on Fridays. Every Friday was "Free Friday", where the kids played board games and drew. I doubt upper schoolers had that, but there were many upper schoolers who just sat in the library all day. On the plus side, for kids who need a great of nurturing, the school can be very good - assuming the behavioral kids leave them alone. Winston does have a great band program and director.There are better schools in the Dallas area to choose from. 25,000 dollars would be ok for a great school and a great education, but that's way too much for Winson.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 22, 2013
We thought this was an excellent school for our daughter. We moved to Dallas her junior year, and the school gave her back her confidence, and love for learning. The school taught her the necessary skills to be successful at college (she is doing very well at a small liberal arts college), as well as the ability to self advocate, prioritze, and break down larger projects into small steps. It was a little difficult coming in for her in 11th grade, but by Senior year, she felt like a part of the community. We also felt she had some of the most wonderful teachers ever. They have made a lasting impact on her life. Worth every penny!

The Winston School