Posted September 26, 2014
Our family has been blessed by having the Winston School in our lives for the past 5 years. It is a true Community, with every member, from student and teacher to administrator and parent, contributing to its growth and success. Thank you, Winston School, for understanding our son and reigniting his love of learning!

Posted September 25, 2014
Moving our bright ADHD son to The Winston School was one of the best decisions we ever made! He hated school before and now LOVES it. He is more confident and his self-esteem has skyrocketed. We have been at Winston for 7 years now. The academics are excellent, and unlike many other schools, they do not drown the kids is repetitive homework. I have a child in another high-end private school in Dallas, and I can compare and confirm that the Winston curriculum is every bit as good or better. They encourage critical and creative thinking and keep the kids engaged and excited about learning. There are many bright/gifted kids at Winston who also happen to "learn differently." It is absolutely college-prep and a wonderful, caring environment. The Art department is particularly impressive. I visited almost every learning difference school in Dallas before picking Winston, and I think there is not a better school anywhere for the bright ADHD kid than The Winston School. We love it there!!

Posted September 25, 2014
The Winston School saved my family. After years of struggling in school my son was literally at rock bottom. We tried several learning different schools, every time we would try a new school I would be so hopeful that this would finally be the answer to his school struggles. Finally, I hired a specialist who helps place students with the right school. Once my son met with her, she simply said "Winston, of course!" I couldn't believe it, Winston was so close to our house, I hadn't even considered sending him to Winston but this specialist was convinced that Winston could meet his needs. Small school, small class sizes, smart kids who learn differently and a safe environment with nurturing teachers. It couldn't be that easy could it? We applied and were accepted and haven't regretted one minute. My son has been attending for three years and his self esteem has returned, he is learning to advocate for himself and take responsibility for his homework, his anxiety has decreased, and he has friends! He fits in for the first time. Our family gets to be a regular family again and not be so consumed school problems. Winston saved our family and our son.

Posted September 20, 2014
My youngest son has been at Winston for twelve years. He will graduate in May 2015. When we first took him to Winston we were promised that they would work on improving his weaknesses while giving him a chance to explore and excel in a variety of areas. He has become an amazing young man, and much of his success is because of the caring teachers and staff at Winston. He has been able to play in the band and star in some of the excellent plays the Drama department produces. He has been giving a chance to play tennis, football, basketball and basketball. With the help of the excellent counseling department, I feel confident he will find the perfect school for next year. The greatest thing about Winston is that his story is not unique. As he puts it: We are the weird and happy kids who will run the world!!! As a parent of 5, whose children have attended a large range of private schools, I can state that Winston is one of the very best.

Posted September 17, 2014
WINSTON IS THE VERY BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!! My daughter has attended Winston for 5 years and she still continues to thank me for sending her there. The faculty is awesome in so many ways. They are creative in their approach to instruction and meeting her needs. The school sets a high academic standard and is certainly preparing her for the college of her choice.

The Winston School 1

Posted April 16, 2014
This school is, as we are learning now, not up to the standards that we would expect for $27,000. The administrators are hypocritical and my child is not prepared for the next level. Definitely not worth the money and you can certainly get 504 accommodations elsewhere for less of a headache.

The Winston School 1

Posted April 03, 2014
Winston is not a very good school for many students. "Sub par" is even a pushing it. In my child's grade level, there was a lot of bullying and innapropriate behavior. It seemed as though standards were let down to keep up enrollment. The teachers barely did anything about it. They gave the students so many second chances that it was ridiculous.That is just one issue. The education is also marginal. At Winston, they spend insanely long amounts of time on things that aren't very important and then skip over the very important parts. In fifth grade, my child didn't even have a science class. Also, at least in lower school, nothing gets done on Fridays. Every Friday was "Free Friday", where the kids played board games and drew. I doubt upper schoolers had that, but there were many upper schoolers who just sat in the library all day. On the plus side, for kids who need a great of nurturing, the school can be very good - assuming the behavioral kids leave them alone. Winston does have a great band program and director.There are better schools in the Dallas area to choose from. 25,000 dollars would be ok for a great school and a great education, but that's way too much for Winson.

Posted October 22, 2013
We thought this was an excellent school for our daughter. We moved to Dallas her junior year, and the school gave her back her confidence, and love for learning. The school taught her the necessary skills to be successful at college (she is doing very well at a small liberal arts college), as well as the ability to self advocate, prioritze, and break down larger projects into small steps. It was a little difficult coming in for her in 11th grade, but by Senior year, she felt like a part of the community. We also felt she had some of the most wonderful teachers ever. They have made a lasting impact on her life. Worth every penny!

Posted March 07, 2011
The Winston School is a perfect niche for bright children with learning differences. This college prep school provides the perfect environment for children to learn the way they need to learn. Winston - where each child stands out as a shining star and does not get lost as just another number.

Posted January 27, 2011
Winston School is a wonderful school for children with learning differences. The personalized attention from the faculty gives students the hands on help they need to succeed. Great school and definately worth the cost of the education.

The Winston School