K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We love Winston!!! The teachers are amazing. They know my daughter's strengths and weaknesses (each teacher has a copy of her learning profile) and they present new material in ways she learns best. She is thriving and loves coming to school. Winston has a warm, friendly, safe atmosphere and we are blessed to be a part of such a fabulous school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying is the main reason I would not have ever sent my child here. The head of school sits in her office all day and Dr.Sass is left to handle everything which she does not. Bullying is just ignored at this school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The current leadership is going to sink this school.

We came to this school in 4th grade and had very high hopes that it would be as great as some of these reviews say. We have had several problems including teachers yelling at students. Complete disregard for bullying, they just accept it and expect the kids being bullied to get over it. Overall I would try any school before trying this one. Our experience over two years has been terrible. This school makes us wish we had stayed in public school because at least there is some accountability there is none at this school. Lip service is all you will get when you bring a problem to their attention and the administration will make every excuse to not take any action even when the bullying is SEVERE. If you try this school be very careful and listen to your kids if they tell you the teacher is doing something wrong. We ignored it for two long and now we have a very damaged child as a result of wanting to believe this school was the answer. Please beware. There are some good teachers here but there is an equal amount of terrible ones I would not trust my dog with some of these teachers now that I know better.

I wish my daughter had come to Winston sooner! I wish our family had been a part of the Winston family sooner. From the interview on, I knew my daughter was in the right place. She woke me up on her first day of school and that continued every day for the remainder of the school year. The immediate feeling of "family" and "belonging" are just starters. My daughter went from not liking school and having issues with peers and teachers - to smiling and talking about what went on at school, without me having to probe. The teachers are such wonderful, special people themselves. They understand the children and the struggles we parents are going through. The communication is exemplary and as a collective the entire set-up truly is about making each child thrive. I am eagerly awaiting for school to begin because my daughter is so happy to be returning. The other children are so compassionate to each other. Each one of them is among such a variety of other stellar kids. Most of whom would not have begun to reach their potentials if not for Winston. I could wax on about how wonderful this school is. EVERYTHING truly is about the child. To go from feeling like you are alone and no one understands your child-to everything being a light bulb moment for both you and your child is indescribable. I cried upon my child getting accepted, I truly did. It was such a huge relief to know that she was going to be in such safe hands. Not just safe but loving and nurturing too. If you are fortunate to become a part of Winston, I promise you too will feel as I do and your child will too. Good luck. Make it happen. It will change your child's life forever.

This was my son’s first year at Winston and we were both unsure of what to expect. Winston definitely exceeded our expectations and my son had a great 6th grade year! When I visited Winston School I knew that it would provide the exact environment my son needed because he could simply learn and work at a pace comfortable for him, but my initial concern was the tuition. When we arrived what we found was what I was hoping for! A school where my son could continue to grow, learn, and gain the confidence that had been lacking previously. The thing I like most about the school is the positive environment that flows throughout Winston. All the teachers and staff have the common goal of helping your child to exceed all expectations. This belief is evident in the students that attend Winston and plays a great role in their educational path. My son believes in himself and wants to succeed and this is due to his teachers and the staff at Winston encouraging him on a daily basis. In addition to the positive environment, I now have peace of mind in knowing that he is on course educationally, receiving great communication from the teachers/staff on a consistent basis, and seeing my child happy and excited to go to school every day. I have recommended Winston to any and everyone that I come in contact with. I cannot say enough good things about Winston. I only wish that I’d known about Winston sooner! Winston provides a great environment for kids who learn differently. I’ve always known that my son was a smart kid and given the right setting he would soar. That’s just what he’s doing at Winston!

Our family has been blessed by having the Winston School in our lives for the past 5 years. It is a true Community, with every member, from student and teacher to administrator and parent, contributing to its growth and success. Thank you, Winston School, for understanding our son and reigniting his love of learning!

Moving our bright ADHD son to The Winston School was one of the best decisions we ever made! He hated school before and now LOVES it. He is more confident and his self-esteem has skyrocketed. We have been at Winston for 7 years now. The academics are excellent, and unlike many other schools, they do not drown the kids is repetitive homework. I have a child in another high-end private school in Dallas, and I can compare and confirm that the Winston curriculum is every bit as good or better. They encourage critical and creative thinking and keep the kids engaged and excited about learning. There are many bright/gifted kids at Winston who also happen to "learn differently." It is absolutely college-prep and a wonderful, caring environment. The Art department is particularly impressive. I visited almost every learning difference school in Dallas before picking Winston, and I think there is not a better school anywhere for the bright ADHD kid than The Winston School. We love it there!!

The Winston School saved my family. After years of struggling in school my son was literally at rock bottom. We tried several learning different schools, every time we would try a new school I would be so hopeful that this would finally be the answer to his school struggles. Finally, I hired a specialist who helps place students with the right school. Once my son met with her, she simply said "Winston, of course!" I couldn't believe it, Winston was so close to our house, I hadn't even considered sending him to Winston but this specialist was convinced that Winston could meet his needs. Small school, small class sizes, smart kids who learn differently and a safe environment with nurturing teachers. It couldn't be that easy could it? We applied and were accepted and haven't regretted one minute. My son has been attending for three years and his self esteem has returned, he is learning to advocate for himself and take responsibility for his homework, his anxiety has decreased, and he has friends! He fits in for the first time. Our family gets to be a regular family again and not be so consumed school problems. Winston saved our family and our son.

My youngest son has been at Winston for twelve years. He will graduate in May 2015. When we first took him to Winston we were promised that they would work on improving his weaknesses while giving him a chance to explore and excel in a variety of areas. He has become an amazing young man, and much of his success is because of the caring teachers and staff at Winston. He has been able to play in the band and star in some of the excellent plays the Drama department produces. He has been giving a chance to play tennis, football, basketball and basketball. With the help of the excellent counseling department, I feel confident he will find the perfect school for next year. The greatest thing about Winston is that his story is not unique. As he puts it: We are the weird and happy kids who will run the world!!! As a parent of 5, whose children have attended a large range of private schools, I can state that Winston is one of the very best.

Last modified The Winston School is a Private school that serves grades K-12