Posted August 12, 2014
This school has diversity of race, zip codes, ages, faculty and church affiliations. The downtown campus fosters students to navigate an urban environment and is wonderful for families living or working near downtown or the Athletic Complex in far East Dallas. The small class size allows every child the opportunity to compete for sports teams, art programs and leadership experiences. The families bond to form communities that raise wonderful young men and women collectively starting with pre-K through graduation . The facilities are not as grand as suburban areas but consider the location and cost of real estate and downtown regulations, it's impressive once you enter the buildings. It's growing again after a few years of construction and other barriers. We are blessed to have FBA as partners in raising our children.

First Baptist Academy 1

Posted April 30, 2014
I would not recommend FBA. They only care about sports and have no values. Students lust in the hallways. How could a school support this? It seems that there is less emphasis on God and godly Christian values. The school only focuses on athletes rather than the needs of every child. I'm done with paying for an education that does not offer lasting results.

First Baptist Academy 1

Posted November 26, 2013
The lower school and upper schools should be reviewed as two seperate entities. While the lower school is great, there are serious bullying issues in the upper school between the "Park Cities" set of students and those from more modest backgrounds. Those who do not fit into a very specific mold will not thrive at FBA as any individual identity is very much discouraged. As a Southern Baptist affiliated school, it also goes without saying that this is also not the place for GLBT students and their families, nor anyone who doesn't identify as strongly conservative or, obviously, Southern Baptist.

Posted October 31, 2013
We are proud parents of students that have the opportunity to receive a Christian education from First Baptist Academy. Glad to be a part of the culture, biblical teaching, & their college preparatory standards for our children. Good school!

Posted October 31, 2013
The lower school is amazing. Great teachers that exhibit Christian leadership. Amazing principle that relates to the kids.

First Baptist Academy 4

Posted October 31, 2013
Wonderful, Caring teachers and staff. Facilities are adequate. Class size is small and intimate. Great location for downtown working parents.

Posted October 31, 2013
My son is in Pre-K at FBA. School has only been in session for 2 1/2 months and I'm already blown away but what my little one comes home talking about and the work that is sent home. One thing I love about his teacher is that she makes learning interactive and fun. Last week, they made a scarecrow from scratch! I can just hear all the kids talking about what a scarecrow is made of, etc. and learning about different colors, textures, sounds, etc. My son, would have never been able to do this with a classroom of 25 or more students in a public school. Ms. Carney is amazing with the kids and I feel like she loves them as much as the parents do. Can't wait to continue our journey at FBA!

First Baptist Academy 4

Posted October 31, 2013
First Baptist Academy Dallas is a school that cares greatly about the superior education of their students. They provide excellent teachers who invest their lives to the whole development of their students. The teachers are not only well educated, but provide support to their students by giving of their personal time and efforts. The families involved in FBA are very supportive to the whole school body by providing financial support and giving of their time and talents to the activities that accompany the full academic and social aspects of the educational experience for kindergarten through senior year. We love FBA and what it has meant to the overall development of our three children.

Posted October 30, 2013
Our family has one grade of First Baptist Academy and one who is a freshman. Both girls have gone to school here since kindergarten. Putting our children here has been one of the best decisions our family has made. The teachers and staff care about the students as if they were family. Indeed, it is like a small town school in the middle of the city. The education, both biblically and academically, has been fantastic and just what we were seeking in a school when we enrolled our oldest. Our family would highly recommend FBA to anyone seeking a private school education for their children. It is the best!

Posted October 30, 2013
Wonderful family oriented school. Great teacher to student ratio for individualized attention. Academic preparation for college is excellent. My child is going to be ready. A place where Christian values are lived out, not just taught. Great opportunities for everyone to find their own place to contribute and be involved. I'm grateful for the investment a whole community makes in my child and I'm blessed when I get to make that investment in other families.

First Baptist Academy
1606 Patterson St., Dallas, TX  75201
Last modified First Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
First Baptist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top