Public charter
Dallas, TX

Posted August 10, 2014
KIPP Truth Academy has an exceptional qualified staff to address the needs of today Kippster's. Dallas public schools did not work well for a widow with two sons that relocated from the east coast. Therefore, Kipp Truth Academy was recommended from a public school teacher! This was the best choice I've made pertaining to my son. Kipp is developing great leader's that is focusing on GOOD CHARACTER. It takes more than being smart to be a great leader in this day in age. So I'm a proud parent to work along side this insighful staff to help prepare our Kippster's for the future.

Posted April 17, 2014
My son was most admitted to KIPP for next school year. We are very excited. When we went to the open house, my child was inspired by the classwork on display and the information shared. He said KIPP was his first choice for middle school.

Posted October 24, 2012
I am a KIPP parent. Teachers are committed to the kids education my daughter is a 5th grader and she has learned so much in the first month of school. She reads about four to five books a month and that s good because my daughter did not like to read. She keeps asking can we go buy more books. My child gets homework every school day and she get it done with no problem all students has their teachers phone number it s there responsibly to call when they need help not the parents. They teach the kids about life how to speak and fallow rules. I m so Love KIPP TRUTH ACADEMY

Posted July 18, 2011
I have written my positive review on KIPP, what I see that needs attention is the dropping off and picking up of students. The school has all the rules of how the students should act , but the parents and guardians do not show any courtesy in the pick up and drop off area. Cars park, blocking, and will not move even when teachers ask them to, it gets congested and would like to have police patrol the area of when the students at least get out. Students hang around in the back stairs blocking the stairs and this particular kid is always punching others and they run around in front of in coming cars, I use this area because it is less congested and don't want it to be banned for us not to pick up our child on account of some undiscipline students. I give KIPP A HIGH 5 for their teaching but the unrulely parents I know you can not help unless you have someone monitoring the area. Thank you a concerned parent.

Posted June 23, 2010
My family loves this school. My daughter, step-daughter, a nephew and a cousin attend KIPP. The stay excited about going to school dispite the 10 hour school days, weekend homework & having to attend school for 4 hours on some Saturdays. That says a lot about the staff. The teachers remind me of my private school teachers. They are willing to do whatever it takes to educate the students as well as constantly encouraging higher learning and building character in our children. Any parent who is serious about their child's education and plan for them to attend college please enroll them in KIPP because they will be well prepared for success in High School, College and Life!

Kipp Truth Academy 0

Posted September 13, 2009
I am a KIPP parent. Teachers are committed to education like they were when I was a child. They prepare for lessons after hours, are still committed afterhours and are in constant contact with parents. They are available from 7 am until 9 pm every day. They call me, the parent, when there is an issue. They never allow an incident to escalate! They are training my child to become a global citizen. She will be able to successfully compete with anybody in the world! As for structure and discipline, they support the teachings in my home. My child gets homework every school day. The KIPP Truth mantra is tenacity, respect, understanding, teamwork and honor. All these characteristics are needed to be a success in any endeavor. Sports are an extracurricular activity not career training. Go KIPP!!

Posted August 14, 2009
I am a student at Kipp Truth, and I just wanted to say that KIPP has helped choose what I want to be when I grow up and more. I want to say that KIPP has opened so many doors for me and the 8th Graders. They get scholarships to schools like Bishop Dunne, Greenhill, Kent, Hampton prep, Darlington and many more. I am Sarah Renee Garner a 6th grader at KIPP TRUTH and if you want your kids to get an education where the teachers care about them check it out.

Posted June 11, 2008

Posted May 27, 2008
My son is a a 6th grade student at Kipp Truth Academy . I truly felt that the school was too strict when he was first enrolled. The children stand in a single file line waiting for pick up after school, while reading a book. There is no talking ever, not even at lunch. The girls are not allowed to even wear lip gloss.. I am singing a new tune today. I took my son out of this school and enrolled him in a school with my other children. One week later I was re-enrolling him in Kipp. My son became depressed. His enthusiasm to learn was gone, his uphill stride to college was diminishing rapidly. He came home everyday and stated that he didn't learn a thing. He made such a strong case for Kipp, and educational excellence that we had no choice but to take him back.

Posted February 03, 2007
I am a parent of a daughter that has been attending since it's 1st fifth grade class opened. She is now in 8th and I have 2 more there and 3 more on their way. KIPP has been the best thing educationally to ever happen to my children. They have thrived at KIPP, with their scores elevating higher each year. Thanks to KIPP, my oldest was just accepted to a great high school. Instead of focusing on superficial things, KIPP kids are reminded every day to focus on college. The plays every year put on by the kids are awesome, with the kids, parents, and teachers really pulling together. At KIPP, it's all about team and family. I have been a KIPP parent for 4 years and look forward to many more with my other girls. Please consider KIPP for your child, you will not regret it!

Kipp Truth Academy
3200 South Lancaster Road, Dallas, TX  75216
Last modified Kipp Truth Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp Truth Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top