Bad
Good

I have three children all of whom have attended Tatum elementary school. all three have excelled past expectations thanks to the support of the teachers and school personel. A note to parents reading this reviews, its not just the schools responsability to teach our kids, they also need your encourgement and help.

My daughter went to Tatum for kinder and is now going back for 1st grade. I really like this school and the teachers. They inform me of everything and are very hands on. I do agree we the other parent about some of this kids being rude and not having manners, but after seeing there parents I now see why they act like that. The way those kids act is not because of the school. Its because of there upbringing.

I believe some of these reviews are harsh, as I read them I get a sence of ignorance by these parents due to the articulation or lack there of in their reviews. This community is struggling, however, this school is trying its best to make the best of it. My daughter goes to this school, and so did my son before he moved on to the next school. Tatum informs me of everything, the teachers are sweet yet firm, I do not mind their discipline, as a parent I would rather work with them as a team rather than against them. I remember when I was in elementary everyone feared the principal and the wrath of her paddle, these days the paddle is non existant, and there are better more effective ways of discipline. If you do not like your child to be told anything, there is always home schooling.

I think ca tatum is not a good school for children that have disabilities cause they are not concerned about the students are they needs and the principle do not work with the parents to fix the problem it seems like they work against you i have two disabled children at that school and it has been the worst year ever

I believe Tatum has alot to go before gettting five Stars. This school is academically unaceptable. The kids there are so rude and very uneducated. My children do not like this school at all. Principals have alot to learn, teachers have no respect. Parents are not even involved. Very bad period. A unhappy parent

My son has gone to Tatum since it opened and I am very pleased with the school. Though the rating is unacceptable in one area, I do not feel my son is missing out on anything! The staff is supportive and a wonderful part of this struggling community.

Well my daugther is in 2nd grade she has been going to the school since it opened. Im really upset of how is going about some of the teacher my daughter has came to me about how the teacher like to yell at the kids and to her . And Ive been be littled by another parent in the parking lot at the school and the teachter never done nothing and they were there. Sometimes I dont get any information on events and special avities about the school . I feel to be a 5 star school is to listen to the kids . Thanks and God bless...

I love the bi-lingual courses that even start at the Kinder level! I have had a problem with teachers not following up when contacted via e-mail/phone; however they are friendly and my child loves school. Thanks Tatum Go Titans!

An excellent inviting school environment. State of the art technological equipment in every room which provides a great resource tool. Music dept has excellent modern equipment. Parents are encouraged to participate through various programs with faculty. Principal is always available and involved in daily activities.

Last modified C A Tatum Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.