Clay Academy 2

Posted July 03, 2014
This school put the d in dysfunctional for real. They wanna be a family but they remind me of one of those families that have major issues that they cover up. They all stick together in they madness. It could be a good school when the principal, teachers and staff come clean about whats really going on there and work to change/Improve. Then, the principal makes them to right. After all, she suppose to be managing the place anyways.

Posted July 02, 2014
This school is great. It makes sure that every student is accommodated. The principal Mrs.Johnson-Allen makes sure that every student has the tools necessary to be successful. When I am having a bad day I just come to the front office and get a good laugh from Catalina Penn and Melissa Gray. Here at Clay it doesn't feel like a practical school a\but like we are a family. I am in love with Clay Academy and would never withdraw my students.My kids come to me daily telling me about what they learned and how much they enjoyed it. Oh yea and did I forget to mention that now Mrs.Allen is here my children have successfully passed the STAAR test.

Posted June 12, 2014
PARENTS BEWARE! I would have given the school .5 for the kindness of the secretary. There's a reason that this school ranked 3593 out of 4075 schools. The blame was placed on my child for not passing the STAAR. The environment was so terrifyingly TOXIC and DESTRUCTIVE that I had to finally withdraw him! We were both relieved and thank God he left unscathed, as I had to continually build up his spirit that the teachers' negativity and stark evilness attempted to destroy. Not to mention substandard teaching abilities and inability to communicate effectively and responsibly with me, my child and other students. Trust could never be established and they retaliated against him for confiding in me. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on those teachers and admin for refusing to hold them accountable, thus becoming a part of the problem and always pretending that she was concocting a solution. Reciprocity will surely come, every destructive word spoken over my child was not received and every dirty deed will no go unpunished. The scandalous events and malicious acts towards my child were numerous and saddening. I regret ignoring my instincts to withdraw him much sooner.True nightmare! Happy to be free!

Posted May 14, 2014
The school sucks period! Very unprofessional & unorganized. The heat did not work during winter and caused a fire during school hours while the children where there. They cram 9months of school work into 6months for students which can become overwhelming for some kids. Spoke with other parents who have many issues as well. Not sure if TD Jakes is aware of how much the school has gown down hill so sad. Seems like the principles, teachers and even front office staff are just there for a check. My child will not attend ever again and I WOULD NOT recommend this school to any one hope this review is helpful.

Posted December 08, 2013
All of the info listed about this school is inaccurate. The school only goes to 8th grade, it is not a private school anymore, and there are over 20 kids per class. My children have attended this particular school since day one of it being built. It was definitely worth it when it was private, but it has gone down hill considerably. I will be looking into switching schools after 8 years of attending because my children no longer like going there. I would not recommend placing your child at this facility period.

Posted September 13, 2013
This school is no longer under the Potter's House Administration and you can definitely tell. I withdrew my daughter last year due to largely in part of the student population here. The school doesn't have a high enrollment, but the few students that are there seem to be there because they probably have been kicked out of other schools. I've heard foul language in the halls from some of the older kids and I was floored, seeing that this WAS a Christian school, but it is no more. Most of the original teachers are no longer there and they have went through a few principals and it seems as though the students run the school. Not quite on the level of Eastside High prior to Mr. Clark, but give it a couple more years and this school will probably be there.

Posted May 14, 2010
We are family at Clay Academy..The school is truly a christian school where the teachers, other staff and principal pray over our children daily. What more could a parent ask for on top of what is already instilled at home. My son has been referred to as "einstein", and I know that a lot of this credit can be attributed from the teachers constantly challenging his psyche. The principal is truly annointed and appointed. The teachers are outstanding, especially Mrs. Ford, k5. I am confident that my child will always reach his full potential here and would not want him to be anywhere else.

Posted February 03, 2010
I love this school. I don't think there is any place else in DFW where I can send my children and know that they are spending their day with teachers and staff who truly love them. The faculty is unmatched! The academics are great. My kids are a head and shoulder above their public school peers. I hope that Clay Academy can keep it together. I don't know where my kids would go if the school had to shut it's doors.

Posted December 16, 2009
This is my daughters first year at Clay, and we absolutely love it. She is currently in Pre-K4, and has an awesome teacher. While she absolutely loves the kids, her focus is on teaching as much as she can and we love her passion passion. We spend a lot of time teaching our kid at home, however we must say our child has learned so much in a very short while. The structure at Clay is wonderful and the staff and administration is outstanding, especially the princial and director. It means so much to have your child in a learning institution where everyone cares about their development. Each day when I walk into the school, I am greeted with a warm friendly smile. The staff stop what they are doing to help in any possible. This is definetly the type of environment we want for our kid.

Posted November 16, 2009
Clay Academy is an excellent Christian based school. The staff truly care about the development of each student. The principal Mr. Winfield is a Spirit led man sent by God with true leadership. Clay Academy offers many diverse after school activities from cooking to drums to ballet to chess plus several more. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to develop their child academically and spiritually. Oh my goodness, please check out the state of the art facility. It is AMAZING!

Clay Academy
3303 Potter's House Way, Dallas, TX  75236
Last modified Clay Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-10
Clay Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.