Posted October 05, 2014
As a teacher here for more than a decade, I can't imagine being anywhere else. Every teacher there wants to make a difference. We have the freedom to teach to each student, rather than aim for the average. Although the behavior plan is great, nothing is perfect for every child, so we modify it when necessary. I love seeing our kids grow in confidence, academics and social skills. Many of our students have expressed that we are their second family.

Posted July 18, 2014
When we came to Vanguard, we a boy who had just returned home from a treatment facility, who had little self-confidence, a shaky track record, and a negative attitude about school from all the stress, bullying, and inaccurate expectations of him. There are no words I m capable of producing to thank Vanguard for all they did. The kind, compassionate young man who will graduate from Vanguard is a far cry from the boy we brought and who was gladly welcomed with loving, open arms. The Director is a wonderful person smart, flexible, and caring. She built a wonderful school with an outstanding faculty to meet the highly specialized needs of our students our children. There is no way anyone can ever know and express the complete positive impact you make on each child s life, because the impact you make starts at Vanguard and carries on throughout your students entire lives. I thank you, your teachers, and your school from the bottom of my heart for all you ve done for our son and our family. He now has a future that is brighter than we would have ever dreamed of just 3 years ago. Thank you for caring and providing such a wonderful learning environment. God bless you,

Posted December 15, 2013
Vanguard Prep is committed to the success of the kids that enter its doors. The teachers and other staff are focused on providing the environment each student needs in order to achieve the very best outcome both emotionally and academically. Parent feedback is consistent and timely. The school was recommended to us as first rate -- and has lived up to and beyond the recommendation.

Posted August 05, 2013
I AM RAISING MY 7 YR. OLD SPECIAL NEEDS GRANDCHILD. THIS WILL BE HIS 3RD YEAR AT VANGUARD. THEY WERE THERE FOR US WHEN HIS PREVIOUS SCHOOL DID NOT OFFER WHAT HE NEEDED. HE HAS COME SO FAR, SCHOOL YEAR 2014-15 HE WILL BE READY TO ADVANCE TO A REGULAR SCHOOL. SCHOOL HAS AFTER CARE, SUMMER CAMPS, SPECIAL AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS. MY GRANDSON LOVES THE SCHOOL AND HIS CLASSMATES. CONTACT THIS SCHOOL FOR YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS, THEY ARE THERE FOR YOU.

Posted July 17, 2013
On the brink of loosing all hope we found Vanguard through a former student. We weren't sure our son would fit in, but to our surprise he did nicely. We found the staff to be personable and caring.The one on one teaching was exactly what our son needed. Thank you Vanguard.

Vanguard Preparatory School 1

Posted July 26, 2012
Vanguard is a school with very little teaacher experience. The point system used at this school is pointless. It does not teach the students anything at all. There is no clear punishments for students who are being inappropriate. The director just puts them in isolatioin and calls the school "a nurturing environment". The curriculum is just following outdated textbooks with no substance. The high school teachers are very helpful. There is a lack of organization with the school in general. The owner is not for the students. The tuition is too high and most of the time the curriculum consists of watching movies all the time. This school is a waste of money. The lower and middle school teachers just yell at the students consistantly. Curriculum does not exist here. Its just randomized. The teachers dont even meet for collaboration. This school is a complete joke. I can't believe its actually accredited.

Vanguard Preparatory School 4

Posted October 01, 2010
This school is designed for special needs kids. My son has attended Vanguard for 6 years and will likely graduate from the school in a few years. Although I have experienced some challenges with getting a few teachers to step up their game, the teachers have been very helpful and have done a good job. The school is top notch in buidling social skills, but average in education. I have found that the high school teachers are the best of the bunch for the more severly delayed kids, more so than other grade levels. Overall, the school has been very beneficial for our needs. Our friends, family, and neighbors have all commented about the pos difference in our son. We have a friend who has a son with a similar condition but attends public school. There's a world of difference between our son and theirs. The Vanguard education definitely shows.

Vanguard Preparatory School 3

Posted July 15, 2010
Both my son (Aspergers) and his best friend (Bipolar) started and met and Vanguard in the 3rd grade and left for public school in 10th grade, Vanguard is good for younger kids but the High School academics were poor. In particular the teachers were young and immature. Both guys are 24 now and still best friends, but neither are capable of independent living or having a job --not sure where the success stats came from--we were not asked? They were good at positive/unrealistic parental support but that left me devastated that my really bright son is sits at home a hermit because he lacks emotional and social skills that I thought Vanguard would help him with. Can't say they would have been better off elsewhere but there is no miracle to be had at Vanguard or anywhere else,

Vanguard Preparatory School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
My step-daughter entered Vanguard mid-semester in the spring of her 7th grade year during a time of tremendous transition in her life. She was also struggling through the challenges of mild Dyslexia and ADHD and had not received the nurturing needed to combat the anxiety that stemmed from those conditions in her previous public school. The growth that she has experienced over the past year at Vanguard has been a transformational blessing! Her confidence and coping capabilities are awesome. Only because of Vaguard can we now begin to imagine college in her future. She may graduate from another school, but the only reason another school might be possible is because of the incredible environment the Vanguard founder and its teachers work so hard to create and maintain daily.

Vanguard Preparatory School 2

Posted April 02, 2010
Great for younger children with learning disorders. But for any high school student w/o a learning disorder it's terrible. If you want a school that is some what academically focused , that will help your child get into a colleague look else where. I was once a student there and i have learning disorders, but i wanted to get into colleague. I realized it was near impossible while attending vanguard. Any ways i will give it two stars because it is ok for younger children, and those with sever learning disorders. BTW go to there official website its a laugh. How can you trust a school when its website is completely full of lies. The pictures on the website are of random kids who have never graced the halls of vanguard.

Vanguard Preparatory School
4240 Sigma Rd, Dallas, TX  75244
Last modified Vanguard Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-2, 4-12
Vanguard Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top