Posted October 08, 2013
I thought kindergarten was got to be rough, my son has not been in school before he was at home with me. when we took him to meet the teacher he was not happy he wanted to stay at home with mommy! Well the first day of school came an I was shocked they made him feel so comfortable that he was " bye mommy an daddy see you later!" It has been 4 weeks an he LOVES it. He asks to go to school everyday an there is not just one teacher he talks about he talks about them all! LOVE this school LOVE the teacher an the principle.

Mckamy Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
My daughter had a wonderful kindergarten experience with Miss Berk, but after kindergarten, it all went downhill. The principal should really focus on hiring more qualified and energetic teachers that actually want to help the students.

Mckamy Elementary School 3

Posted March 04, 2012
I first posted on February 10, 2009. Since then I've become very disappointed in this school. I really enjoyed it when my child first attended. I know teachers have to do class work a certain way due to what the state requires. I can't understand any of my kids Math homework, I NEVER learned to work problems like that. How can I help with it or make sure it's done correctly? I would take the time to go to the classroom, take the teachers answer sheets & post them on a blog for parents to have an example to go by. My child is so frustrated with school! Grades have gone from all A's to barely passing grades. My child loved to read, now loathes it with a passion. My child doesn't even look forward to school anymore. The drop off & pick up at the school is horrible. Early kids start getting there a little after 7am. I've seen a few close calls of kids almost hit with a vehicle going through the cross walks in the mornings. There's no one out there until around 7:30am or after, that's when the first bell rings. Really would like to see that all schools had an online blog with homework examples for parents like me, that are lost without the visual help.

Mckamy Elementary School 1

Posted January 19, 2012
Absolutely awful - they spend all day grading the kids behavior so they can send them home with a 1 page sheet about every minutiae of wiggling and talking every day, but are unwilling to help kids work on more advanced work, Many kids are bored to tears and are labeled "trouble makers". Our Kids went from Cs and Ds here, to all As and Bs at new school. High teacher turnover.

Posted August 30, 2011
We are starting our 10th year at McKamy and I cannot imagine having our kids anywhere else.

Posted February 21, 2010
My daughter started school this year and I have been absolutely pleased with this school. There are a lot of volunteer opportunities for parents and activities that encourage a closeness between students, parents, and staff. I am also very satisfied with the curriculum and it's implementation.

Mckamy Elementary School 0

Posted January 06, 2009
We pulled our son out of a small private school and put him into the 4th grade at McKamy this year. We have been EXTREMELY please with everything about the school. It is diverse, ethnically, socially and economically, which we love. I noticed one comment about the young teachers, but we see that as an advantage - from our experience, they are very much up on the newest and most effective teaching methods. In the past, our son had a great deal of difficulty composition, but within just a couple of months, he was writing three and four page stories with no problem. We HIGHLY recommend McKamy.

Mckamy Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2008
The school is very diverse in ethnicity, and thankfully all kids are treated equally. The teachers are phenomenal.

Mckamy Elementary School 0

Posted September 07, 2008
The staff is great! there is alot involment with parents and the kids... There academic ratings are excellent!

Mckamy Elementary School 3

Posted May 09, 2008
have 2 kids here. pta is very active, good programs. used to have several teachers w/ a long tenure, but lately been more and more young teachers with little experience. principal and staff have often been unhelpful with my concerns. still a good school compared to others in the area.

Mckamy Elementary School
3443 Briargrove Lane, Dallas, TX  75287
Last modified Mckamy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckamy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.