Public charter
Dallas, TX
Students enrolled: 1,059

Posted February 23, 2015
Mi hijo cursa el 6 grado y es el primer a o en LAE. hasta ahora l ha recibido TODO el apoyo, confianza y motivaci n que ha necesitado por parte de los maestros de 6 grado y a n de la Principal y secretarias y me atrevo aa decir que desde la persa que hace la limpieza hasta la Principal tienen un trato muy especial hacia los estudiantes Lo digo porque he tenido la oportunidad de estar ahi Yo recomiendo ampliamente esta escuela

Posted February 02, 2015
LAE IS the BEST School in Oak Cliff! The students, staff and families are always engaging in some community activity. The Superintendent remarks "There is always something going right somewhere". And I believe that "somewhere" is here at LAE. Teamwork is essential and very much the reason why the school is successful. You can sense a "family atmosphere". The Superintendent is the middle of everything, but that's because she wears a many hats, and her shoes are hard to fill. She is genuine and sincere. The children are happy here, you can see it in their work, their attitude and in their faces. The parents reflect the same joy when they drop of their children and many stay to volunteer. The school encourages and embraces parents. LAE parents are involved and eager to help. The key" is to welcome them, acknowledge them and thank them and how their child some love! At the end of the day, the staff sleeps well at night and wake up to do it all over again every day. We are excited to come to work where we are appreciated and doing well for the city, state and nation, by giving quality education to these strong and beautiful minds!

Posted January 30, 2015
My child has been a student at LAE for four years, and it has been a blessing! The staff is professional and truly cares about my child's education. My daughter has flourished academically! The classroom teacher/student ratio is small compared to other schools in the area. They are very hands-on with learning and active in the community, and my daughter has been on multiple field trips and participated in events. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone looking to enroll their child in a school in this area.

Posted December 07, 2014
My child has been at La Academia De Edtrellas for 3 years now. The schools has provide me with information on my child's profess every 6 weeks (in between grade periods). They have a parent portal that keeps me informed of my child's progress. I am very fortunate to have found this charter school. The staff are all very kind and I have never heard of any major complaints. The middle school counselor is very knowledgeable and caring. The Parent Liaison is always very helpful and the office staff is always cheerful. The administrators always take time to answer questions and my child is very happy there. Too bad they do not yet have a high school.!

Posted September 11, 2014
Accredited charter school that has an open door. I have been a devoted parent for many years and have watched my children grow in various aspects of their lives. If you ever find yourself challenged or don't know what to do just reach out and ask and someone will help you. As the school has grown and expanded I feel the general same warm welcoming from new and old teachers, staff etc. Remember not everyone will have the same views as you and there are times you may run into obstacles....have an open mind and that not every day will be perfect.

Posted August 20, 2014
This Is first year my prk3 son start school first day Was wondeful he talks and talks wat he learn the day feel so happy is far from me but i think vale la pena

Posted February 26, 2013
My son started out in a school that had 2,000 plus students. He was not happy at all! As a parent I felt so sad to see my son not looking forward to going to school. It was sad to see the teachers not motivated at all. I moved my son to La Academia de Estrellas where he has been sooooo happy! he has learned so much and am very impressed with all the teachers and front desk staff. I recentley moved my kindergartner as well, and she is very excited!! I couldnt of made a better choice. Keep up the good work LAE!!

Posted November 05, 2012
I am the parent of a 6th grader and this is our first year at La Academia de Estrellas. We are absolutely loving this school and are very satisfied with the teaching style and learning environment. My child feels very comfortable and I am noticing a great academic improvement. On the first day we went for enrollment, Ms.Manti called my child by her first name which demostrated the care and dedication she has for students. The teachers we have interacted with so far have been very helpful. We are looking forward to a great school year.
3 people found this helpful

La Academia De Estrellas 0

Posted February 02, 2010
I am a parent of a 2nd grader and I feel like I made the best choice of enrolling my child at La Academia de Estrellas. I really feel like they care about students. To me as parent it is important that the school focuses on students/based on the students needs. (This is my daughter's first year attending)

Posted February 01, 2010
La Adcemia de Estrellas is a wonderful school! The principal, Mrs. Mantei truly cares about the children of this community. One of the first things I noticed when enrolling my son 4 years ago is that she called every child by name which meant she took time to get to know each and every one of them. I love the hands-on curriculum and regular involvement in the community. This school provides the children with opportunities they may have not otherwise been exposed to. The staff foster the children not only academically, but socially and emotionally as well. This school also takes parent education into consideration, which is such an important factor when developing the 'whole child'. I feel it is a blessing that my son has had the chance to be a part of such a great school!-Samantha Moya, Parent

La Academia De Estrellas
125 Sunset Avenue, Dallas, TX  75208
Last modified La Academia De Estrellas is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Academia De Estrellas Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top