Public charter
Dallas, TX
Students enrolled: 1,059

Posted May 19, 2015
I have never seen administrators in a bad mood. Even when they are very busy (because they are!!!!), many LAE teachers and staff say hello and are cheerful to me. I have seen staffmembers be incredibly loving and respectful to children even when they think I am not looking. That is why I know this is the school for my kids. They teach them and they also love them more than other schools I have been at. I feel that my family is very respected. I also feel that my child is looked over very well. I have come to eat lunch with my child and there were many people in the lunchroom watching the children. There is a reason they have a waiting list.

Posted May 17, 2015
Great charter school with very good teachers, staff, building, facilities, and nice after school program.

La Academia De Estrellas 2

Posted May 12, 2015
The school administrators seem to always be preoccupied and in bad moods. The students are not always supervised in the morning, after school and sometimes during lunch. It is difficult to meet and talk to teachers because we are not allowed to get out of the car in the mornings or afternoons. The school tends to let us know of our child's possibility of failure the last six weeks of the school year. Nice new building, but that is all they offer.

Posted February 23, 2015
Mi hijo cursa el 6 grado y es el primer a o en LAE. hasta ahora l ha recibido TODO el apoyo, confianza y motivaci n que ha necesitado por parte de los maestros de 6 grado y a n de la Principal y secretarias y me atrevo aa decir que desde la persa que hace la limpieza hasta la Principal tienen un trato muy especial hacia los estudiantes Lo digo porque he tenido la oportunidad de estar ahi Yo recomiendo ampliamente esta escuela

Posted February 02, 2015
LAE IS the BEST School in Oak Cliff! The students, staff and families are always engaging in some community activity. The Superintendent remarks "There is always something going right somewhere". And I believe that "somewhere" is here at LAE. Teamwork is essential and very much the reason why the school is successful. You can sense a "family atmosphere". The Superintendent is the middle of everything, but that's because she wears a many hats, and her shoes are hard to fill. She is genuine and sincere. The children are happy here, you can see it in their work, their attitude and in their faces. The parents reflect the same joy when they drop of their children and many stay to volunteer. The school encourages and embraces parents. LAE parents are involved and eager to help. The key" is to welcome them, acknowledge them and thank them and how their child some love! At the end of the day, the staff sleeps well at night and wake up to do it all over again every day. We are excited to come to work where we are appreciated and doing well for the city, state and nation, by giving quality education to these strong and beautiful minds!

Posted January 30, 2015
My child has been a student at LAE for four years, and it has been a blessing! The staff is professional and truly cares about my child's education. My daughter has flourished academically! The classroom teacher/student ratio is small compared to other schools in the area. They are very hands-on with learning and active in the community, and my daughter has been on multiple field trips and participated in events. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone looking to enroll their child in a school in this area.

Posted December 07, 2014
My child has been at La Academia De Edtrellas for 3 years now. The schools has provide me with information on my child's profess every 6 weeks (in between grade periods). They have a parent portal that keeps me informed of my child's progress. I am very fortunate to have found this charter school. The staff are all very kind and I have never heard of any major complaints. The middle school counselor is very knowledgeable and caring. The Parent Liaison is always very helpful and the office staff is always cheerful. The administrators always take time to answer questions and my child is very happy there. Too bad they do not yet have a high school.!

Posted September 11, 2014
Accredited charter school that has an open door. I have been a devoted parent for many years and have watched my children grow in various aspects of their lives. If you ever find yourself challenged or don't know what to do just reach out and ask and someone will help you. As the school has grown and expanded I feel the general same warm welcoming from new and old teachers, staff etc. Remember not everyone will have the same views as you and there are times you may run into obstacles....have an open mind and that not every day will be perfect.

Posted August 20, 2014
This Is first year my prk3 son start school first day Was wondeful he talks and talks wat he learn the day feel so happy is far from me but i think vale la pena

Posted February 26, 2013
My son started out in a school that had 2,000 plus students. He was not happy at all! As a parent I felt so sad to see my son not looking forward to going to school. It was sad to see the teachers not motivated at all. I moved my son to La Academia de Estrellas where he has been sooooo happy! he has learned so much and am very impressed with all the teachers and front desk staff. I recentley moved my kindergartner as well, and she is very excited!! I couldnt of made a better choice. Keep up the good work LAE!!

La Academia De Estrellas
125 Sunset Avenue, Dallas, TX  75208
Last modified La Academia De Estrellas is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Academia De Estrellas Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top