Dallas, TX

Ewell D Walker Middle School 3

Posted June 06, 2015
The overall environment was on-and-off uncomfortable and unsafe. The teachers, for the most part, sympathized with us dearly on the tiring work we had to endure, but others were ones that most people cowered under. For example, my friend, who tried avoiding her strict teacher one day because of her absents and low grades, was caught hiding in the reading classroom during lunch and was furiously yelled at, which caused her to run to the cafeteria and cry in front of us (she was usually an upbeat person). For example, the sick student who was forced to do push-ups for an extended period of time imposed by a gym teacher. Typically there were the "bad" kids who did anything to cause trouble and go against authority, which we had to brace the punishments because everyone was included in discipline. But when it got to the point that they were regularly blocking the stairwells during passing periods, placing stink bombs, throwing food fights almost every week, and causing a standoff between themselves and the principal in an emergency assembly because of "our" behavior, it was really, really annoying. I realized that there was barely any school spirit by the time I got to the last year. No one really comes to donate stuff in the boxes sent to charity (aka the people excessively reminding us that we have to). You can't go to a dance or event in this school without paying any money for food and such because of the low budget. And only about 10-15 people (including parents) show up to concerts. This school literally felt like I was in a prison. A month to the end of the school year, we had silent lunch because of several incidents. We were also strangely hunted down for being anywhere but in the cafeteria for lunch and were either kicked out of rooms or dashed to the most friendly teacher in the vicinity. Sometimes, when we were being exceptionally good, they released us outside into the courtyard for the last few min of lunch and treated it as recess. I noticed during a competition that most of us were being more hyper than the other schools' kids whenever we went to different places. It honestly made us so jealous of the freedom they had. I remember on the first day of school in 8th grade when 10 students were sent to ISS because they lacked a belt. I passed by a girl whispering to her friend, "This school's strict." Good luck.

Ewell D Walker Middle School 1

Posted May 20, 2015
This hell hole known as E.D. Walker Middle cares none about what happens to these students. As a scholar here events such as students caught having sex,smoking weed in the restrooms,teachers threatening and insulting students is just normal behavior at this school in which no punishment is necessary..

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 20, 2015
Some teachers find it a much better idea to insult students and text than actually do their job.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2015
No moral values are presented within thus school. I would rather have books thrown at my head than go here again.

Posted June 13, 2014
my son does not go to this school I am looking at but uniforms are much better no stress and what I have read it sounds excellant

Ewell D Walker Middle School 4

Posted October 13, 2013
Very good school. Outstanding, caring faculty . New principal is a great visionary leader. It is the best education value in the area. I'm putting my $20,000 a year I was spending on private school into his college fund because of the quality of this school.

Posted March 18, 2011
I love this school.It has allot of activities and allot of principal leadership.The students work excellent there and my daughter always come happy from school.

Ewell D Walker Middle School 1

Posted August 17, 2009
I'm a parent and i hate Dallas ISD its put to much pressure on us. the parents would rather it be were the children could wear anything they desire to school cause they have tons of close in the closet but every year and monthes just for DISD ONLY we have to buy uniforms over and over again. I think its just stupid. Carrolton is way better they dnt have uniforms. I would rather switch schools.

Posted May 26, 2009
We have a 6th grade girl that was having issues at another Dallas ISD middle school with bullying, lazy administration and an overall lack of structure in the school. Since being at E.D. Walker she has excelled and bloomed like a flower. She is now an A, B Honor Roll Student, Commended on Reading TAKS and 100% on Math TAKS. She is in honors math and works hard to do her homework to the best of her abilities. The administration including everyone from the support staff, security, administration and the teachers has been a strong positive influence on our Daughter. We are very much appreciative of this school and we highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a good Middle School educational experience in Dallas ISD. Thanks to all and it is nice to see a school being run properly in Dallas.

Posted October 02, 2008
Walker is awesome--the teachers are fantastic. My 6th grader LOVES science now! I am so glad we moved into the Walker area.

12532 Nuestra Drive, Dallas, TX  75230
Last modified Ewell D Walker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ewell D Walker Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top