Sheffield Primary School 5

Posted June 29, 2011
This school is what started it all for me. I went to Sheffield Primary school as a kid and had exceptional teachers that were passionate about teaching. One lesson that stands out in my mind is when my 2nd grade teacher asked us to write a how to paper on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She then read each paper aloud in front of the class and followed the instructions exactly as each student had written. Needless to say she didn't end up making any perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but after that lesson we all knew how to write better how to papers. Another great lesson that the school offerered was Sheffield Square where students create a product and sell it to the public (using fake money of course). Education aside, I loved it because of the HUGE playground field that was attached to the school. Field day was also always a favorite. I have so many fond memories of that school - the teachers were great, the administration staff was great, the cafeteria staff was great, and the PE department was great. I loved going to school and that set the precedent for the rest of my academic life. Thanks Sheffield.

Sheffield Primary School 0

Posted December 24, 2007
We are new to this school, but my experience thus far, is that the staff and teachers are great. We do still have problems with the traffic, especially in the mornings, but that is largely to do with the parents who still refuse to follow the few simple rules that are in place for the safety of all of the kids. All of the staff and teachers that I have met are very nice. The only thing I can suggest, is that if you are one of the parents complaining about SHP, then get more involved. A school can only be as good as your involvement in it. Those parents who give more, get more. They have a better understanding of what goes on and why. You can't expect the school to do more than what you are willing to do when it comes to your child. Be involved!

Posted November 13, 2007
The traffic has gotten a little better since 2006/2007. It is still a amajor issue. I have had a great concern with teacher attentiveness and children falling behind. I have had an issue with my child falling behind and not realizing it is such an issue until progress reports are issued. The teacher turn around has been an issue in just the two years we have been there. There are not any extra activities or 'fun' learning. They still don't have the playground finished fro the kids! I am excited that we're moving out of that school zone! good luck.

Posted September 14, 2007
New principal has yet to bother to e-mail me back. No more singing in the morning for the kids. No more birthday announcements. Can't go into the gym if you are a second late. And if you are late it's because of the terrible traffic outside. Wish I could change schools.

Sheffield Primary School 5

Posted August 09, 2007
I found Sheffield Primary to be a very good school. My daughter attended her Kindergarten year there and my experiences were for the most part very positive. Her Teacher (Mrs. Perkins) was very attentive. She quickly responded to emails and made time to meet with me when requested. I think she had an excellent way of reaching the children and bringing the best out of them. Other Teachers I met there were equally attentive to the children in ATB. Thanks to the staff, my daughter is ready for 1st Grade and very much looking forward to it. Sadly we moved over the summer and she will be attending a new school - I can only hope that this school is comparable to Sheffield.

Posted August 05, 2007
Despite what that so-called 'teacher' posted, those high expectations paid off. The school is now recognized (something the previous principals weren't able to accomplish). It is our job to provide our students with the learning needed in order for them to become successful in school and in life. We just need more parent involvement and support. Yes, we do have many young teachers, but in many Title I schools it's hard to get veteran teachers, they don't want to deal with the population. That's a state-wide issue, not just a SHP issue. Whether or not that teacher has children is not a factor in a teacher's effectiveness. Attitude is. Those teachers and parents I see as successful work together and not make excuses. Many of the posters here have made excuses which isn't fair to all of us who strive to make SHP the best it can be.

Posted November 21, 2006
I do not like the way this school is ran. The principal's expectations are too unrealistic given the ages of the children in this school (5-7). The teacher turn around is also too high. The young inexperienced teachers don't seem to care as much as the ones who have been there longer and have kids of their own.

Posted November 16, 2006
I have had issues with Sheffield since my daughter first started there. I am strongly considering moving my daughter to another school in the district.

Sheffield Primary School 4

Posted February 05, 2006
This school has been a good elementary school. My child's teachers have been wonderful! My only downfall- wish there were more daily activities that stimulate 'fun' learning, things tend to get so routine.

Posted December 12, 2005

Sheffield Primary School
18111 Kelly Blvd, Dallas, TX  75287
Last modified Sheffield Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Sheffield Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top