Public charter
Dallas, TX

Gateway Charter Academy - Middle - 3

Posted December 09, 2014
My son is new attending this school his teachers are kind and keep me informed. But on thing my son comes home he tells me about his day and what went on in each class with situations occurring with my son and other students l ask where was the teacher isnt he or she paying attention he would tell me No mom they dont see it. to many things happening with kids using bad language and taking other kids stuff and when my son complain he becomes the problem. At lunch another kid skipped in line my son reports it to lunch lady says to him "really does it matter" obviously she has no morals nor values because what example did she set for my son. principal Mrs Hooper I had one complaint ask her to look into it and she had not done when she did get around to checking out theproblem my son was afraid to speak about the situation and principal hooper automatically assumed he was lying I dont know how the staff is choosen but u would think because this school is associated with a church that the standard and ethics would be higher. I will wait to see if the issues and other issues I didnt mention will improve. Over I just expected better but who am I kidding this DISD....

Posted September 10, 2014
This school has really changed and not for the better. This year they NO principal, only an assist principal who is only a yes man, and a other of other new staff members..The lunchs are horrible, as my child takes their lunch everyday. Some of the teachers dont care dont explain different assignement to the students. The administration is bogus, they could care less about who they have hired or their backgrounds. This school was a lot better last year.

Gateway Charter Academy - Middle - 4

Posted August 21, 2014
My children attend this school. 2013-2014 was not a bad year for them but,we had some bumps in the road (normal) but nothing major..They made very good grades and excelled on the Starrs exam so I can't complain.. However this year for 2014-2015 they have a whole new staff!!!! So far So good..........

Gateway Charter Academy - Middle - 2

Posted June 12, 2013
My son attended this school last year and everything seemed great...at first. He begin telling me about bullying from not only students but the teachers as well, the last straw was when he told me a teacher yelled at him and told him to stop whining and tattling and said to him, "thats why nobody likes you". I was appalled and pulled him out of the school immediately after trying to speak to the principal about the situation, whom acted as if it was my sons fault for being bullied. He also was very condescending and gave an attitude as if he was above talking to me!! I will state that his teacher taught well but other faculty and the bulling was too much.

Posted January 11, 2013
The Middle and High School Campus is by far one of the worst i've seen. Lots of bullying by students, Principals not available to speak with parents upon visits to the school, and also Principals not returning parents phone calls. They are more concerned about what shoes the students are wearing than the child's education and well being. I was received a call about my child not having on the correct shoe color, but I was NEVER informed about another student bullying my child, pushing him and punching him in the eye. I keep a record of each incident and will be reporting each incident to the proper governance.

Posted January 08, 2011
this school is terrible the teachers threaten and hit students and the staff are unprofessional and messy PLEASE!!!! do not send your child to this school

Gateway Charter Academy - Middle - 0

Posted May 04, 2009
Both of my children attend Gateway. My daughter is in 10th grade and my son is in 8th grade. This is a wonderful school that teaches them value and self esteem. They Love it.

Gateway Charter Academy - Middle - 5

Posted April 16, 2009

Gateway Charter Academy - Middle - 0

Posted April 01, 2009
My son is in his 2nd year at Gateway. The teachers that he's had are great! I spend a lot of time there, and the rest of the staff are good as well. I have no complaints, at least none that I want to talk about! I believe that it a rovolving triangle when it comes to my child's education. It's him, me and then the teacher. I have been his #1 Teacher ever since the womb and I am going to continue to be his #1 Teacher. When it comes down to education, I do not play! It is so important to have a good education and it is up to him and myself to make that happen!

Gateway Charter Academy - Middle -
1015 East Wheatland Road, Dallas, TX  75241
(214) 375-1921
Last modified Gateway Charter Academy - Middle - is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gateway Charter Academy - Middle - Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top