Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I think this school is great. My son came from another school in the district and he is way more challenged here than at the prior school. The teachers I have come in contact with communicate with me well on everything. They do offer year books, I get the paper about ordering one every year. I think if you are an involved parent this is a great school. I help with classroom activities and field trips so I am in this school often. Not a huge fan of the principal but she not bad either. Pick up and drop off are busy but so is every other school in the district talking to other parents.

The staff does not give children individual care as they should, this school has close to no budget and they don't even do yearbooks!

The teachers don't communicate with parents on what the child is learning in class. They try to hand out a piece of paper on what the kids learn each 9 weeks. I want to know exactly what my child is learning for the week so that they can practice and have help at home!! It's like pulling teeth just to get information on what they are learning. They do have some awesome teachers. It seems like this school only focuses on reading! I hate the pick up and drop off procedure they have. The line is always backed up, teachers come out late after school! They need more teachers outside in the morning so the cars can pull all the way up; no one wants to drop their child off away from the door with no supervision to make sure they make it inside okay. I try to wait to make sure my child goes inside safely and they get up set and tell me to move. I hate the fact that these kids have to wear uniforms! Sometimes it's hard to find uniforms in the middle of the year and they tear so easily. My child had holes in his pants almost everyday! He would also come home with paint or marker on his shirt from art class. No smocks??? Distractions can happen with anything, don't blame it on clothes. The kids should be able to wear whatever they want as along as it's appropriate. I think this school can do better and I hope they will this year because my kids will have to go back.

Develops character: Disagree

My son was a very good student. He had good grades, behaved himself in school most of the time. The teachers gave good feedback all the time and he did not receive a star student award, according to my son, they had their favorites. Im wondering if it was because I asked questions and ask for learning information alot?

This school is a joke, teachers don't want to teach, parents will basically teach their kids here, even when you turn in the home work teachers don't grade them. All they after is for your kids to be present at school. Kids are tardy due to the crazy traffic in morning and also sometimes this innocent kids get there on time but go to the front office to line up for some reason and next thing you know they are tardy. I have two kids that go here and I don't plan on selling my home anytime soon, I know together we can do this. Please parents speak up and make your children have a wonderful education. Together we can all raise the score to a 10/10 not 4/10..

Last modified Sheffield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.