Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 20, 2015
She is awesome and I can see a difference in my child's learning experience. One of the best kindergarten teachers I have met. If only the other teachers could be like her at Sheffield elementary. She is kind, trustworthy, and patient. Thank you!

Sheffield Elementary School 3

Posted August 06, 2015
I think this school is great. My son came from another school in the district and he is way more challenged here than at the prior school. The teachers I have come in contact with communicate with me well on everything. They do offer year books, I get the paper about ordering one every year. I think if you are an involved parent this is a great school. I help with classroom activities and field trips so I am in this school often. Not a huge fan of the principal but she not bad either. Pick up and drop off are busy but so is every other school in the district talking to other parents.

Sheffield Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2015
The staff does not give children individual care as they should, this school has close to no budget and they don't even do yearbooks!

Sheffield Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2015
The teachers don't communicate with parents on what the child is learning in class. They try to hand out a piece of paper on what the kids learn each 9 weeks. I want to know exactly what my child is learning for the week so that they can practice and have help at home!! It's like pulling teeth just to get information on what they are learning. They do have some awesome teachers. It seems like this school only focuses on reading! I hate the pick up and drop off procedure they have. The line is always backed up, teachers come out late after school! They need more teachers outside in the morning so the cars can pull all the way up; no one wants to drop their child off away from the door with no supervision to make sure they make it inside okay. I try to wait to make sure my child goes inside safely and they get up set and tell me to move. I hate the fact that these kids have to wear uniforms! Sometimes it's hard to find uniforms in the middle of the year and they tear so easily. My child had holes in his pants almost everyday! He would also come home with paint or marker on his shirt from art class. No smocks??? Distractions can happen with anything, don't blame it on clothes. The kids should be able to wear whatever they want as along as it's appropriate. I think this school can do better and I hope they will this year because my kids will have to go back.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 08, 2015
Some teachers acted as they really cared and most acted as if they could care less.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 08, 2015
My son was a very good student. He had good grades, behaved himself in school most of the time. The teachers gave good feedback all the time and he did not receive a star student award, according to my son, they had their favorites. Im wondering if it was because I asked questions and ask for learning information alot?

Sheffield Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2014
This school is a joke, teachers don't want to teach, parents will basically teach their kids here, even when you turn in the home work teachers don't grade them. All they after is for your kids to be present at school. Kids are tardy due to the crazy traffic in morning and also sometimes this innocent kids get there on time but go to the front office to line up for some reason and next thing you know they are tardy. I have two kids that go here and I don't plan on selling my home anytime soon, I know together we can do this. Please parents speak up and make your children have a wonderful education. Together we can all raise the score to a 10/10 not 4/10..

Sheffield Elementary School 5

Posted August 09, 2005
The school is absolutely top of the line. The teachers are attentive and knowledgeable. Kudos to all faculty members!

Sheffield Elementary School 2

Posted February 17, 2005
I do not recommend this school. If your child needs assistance or is a special needs child, expect them to go through the motions at this school but they will not really help. They will do only what is required and only if you make them. They are out for the money in the system, regardless of how your child is helped or falls through the cracks. They have 2 wonderful special ed teachers but their hands are tied from the administration playing games. Teacher quality is about average but the downfall of the school is the administration. Talk to other parents before you enroll your kids at this school. In general the whole CFBISD is bad if your kids need help.

18110 Kelly Boulevard, Dallas, TX  75287
Last modified Sheffield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheffield Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top