Public charter
Dallas, TX

Posted February 18, 2014
I feel that Reconciliation Academy is a wonderful school. As a parent, there are a few key things I look for in a school, and Reconciliation Academy delivers on these criteria. First and foremost is class size. The largest class size is 22 - which ensures the right amount of attention and focus can be given to each student. Secondly, the dual language program is very important to ensure that students are set up for success in their future. While my developing skills in English is critical, I love the fact that the Spanish heritage/culture of the students will not be lost. Also the Principle and staff is available to speak on any concerns a parent may have. Lastly, I have heard that RA has scored better than many of the surrounding schools in testing. It's always good to have an objective comparison/perspective on overall performance. Based on these factors, I would recommend RA to others.

Posted February 16, 2014
Reconciliation Academy may not look outstanding from the outside but the education that is taking place on the inside is beyond words. Teachers, staff, leadership teams and parents help make sure these students are getting an excellent education. Teachers go above and beyond to insure progress for the kids. Students are loved, nurtured and the first priority at RA. The Principle is hardworking and on top of everything that happens at the school. He hold teachers accountable and expects nothing but the best. I would gladly send my child to Reconciliation Academy.

Posted February 12, 2014
The best kept secret in Dallas has to be Reconciliation Academy! We have been very pleased as parents to know that our child is being enriched, nurtured and most of all being led by compassionate teachers and staff who care about our child individually. I have to say, that we have never experienced educational service like this, from the moment we get eye contact with the Principal each morning to greet us, to the end of the day, when we get to see his teachers, has been an over all supporting experience. I highly recommend this charter school, as a parent and educator. Submitted by a parent

Posted February 10, 2014
I am a staff member who really enjoys collaborating with teachers who are concerned that their students are learning. The teachers contact parents regularly, tutor after school, are willing to try different interventions and strategies with their students, and also ask for help when they don't know what else to do. Reconciliation Academy also has a caring and supportive principal and administrative staff that supports the hard-working teachers, even if they themselves have to come into the classroom and start tutoring small groups too. A staff like this is going to help the students do the very best they can!

Posted February 09, 2014
This school really cares about the kids and their families. The staff don't just have a "nine to five" attitude. They do what it takes to help all the students be successful. The instructional staff is innovative, working with one of the top bilingual consultants to develop an outstanding dual language program.

Reconciliation Academy 2

Posted April 08, 2013
This use to be a great school!!!!! My son went here for 5yrs. and I started to see a change in the teachers they were selecting for that year. My son first grade teacher kept giving my son the same grade every report card and I spoke with her on how I could help improve him to an A, and she said she hardly, ever, barely give them A's and that made me mad. The old teachers were more caring and taught better than these new teachers. All they do is scream and hollow at your kids. I have asked over and over again for homework and all I get is reading logs and 1 PAGE a day for homework. I truly miss the old teachers there and hate I had to pull my son out of there. It really was a great school. I'm really sad to see it has went down like it has.

Reconciliation Academy 1

Posted August 16, 2012
I just called the school and found out that the school can't use the youth center this year. It's finished, but they can't afford to lease it from Reconciliation Outreach? Why did the board member lie about that in a review? Does anyone at that school know what's going on? Why can't they pay the lease? Why don't they own the building? How long is this place really going to be around? I'm not surprised that they are "Academically Unacceptable" and they have a great schools rating of 1 out of 10 If I had know all of this before, I would have taken my daughter out sooner.

Reconciliation Academy 1

Posted June 27, 2012
I agree that the building always looks dingy and dirty... especially the bathrooms! Plus a lot of the time it smells bad in the whole building, like sewerage. Many of the people you see walking around are part of the Reconciliation Outreach program. It is a faith-based program that helps ADULTS who are addicted to drugs and alcohol and/or are homeless. Their meetings are in the same building as the school, so yes, there are "strange" people walking around and through the school everyday. It is a great program for adults, but it's no place to send your children to school.

Posted June 17, 2012
great teachers, kids learn so much and are cared for! Great location to help kids stay in school. There have been playground issues, and I know since there are problems with the city's cooperation, not considering the children at all, this has been a frustration for the parents and RA Staff!! Hopefully the City will start to do something so the compromised wall due to a city water leak can be repaired and our playground OPEN again! I am glad the school will be able to use an amazing new youth center for activities this next year.

Reconciliation Academy 3

Posted June 17, 2012
I am a board member of RA and have worked with the school from the beginning. The city of Dallas had a leak under the street in front of the school that was not detected until too late. By that time the leak had caused the wall on the school building to be compromised and the playground had to be closed. The city of Dallas has refused to help the school restore the wall and the insurance company had waited until now to offer any help. Tne funds they offer will only cover half the coast of repair for the wall and now we wait for help from the city to begin the repairs. The school has done the best they could with a bad situation and now has hope for repairs to begin. The school will be able to use a new Youth Center that is next to the classrooms this fall that offers both soccer and basketball as well as a library and other sports for the children. I believe this will be a new beginning for the school and hope others will give us a chance to provide a free and safe school this fall.

Reconciliation Academy
1421 N Peak Strett, Dallas, TX  75204
Last modified Reconciliation Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reconciliation Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top