PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

We have been in the lower elementary program for 6 months now and we love this school. It isn't a fancy school by any means so if you are looking for that and you feel like paying extra for modernist architecture and all the overhead that comes with it then I would go somewhere else. If you want teachers who care deeply about your child, teach creatively, give tons of personal attention (due to awesome student:teacher ratios) and help your child not just learn the fundamentals but also discover their own potential and how to think outside the box then enroll them here. We have finally found the right school for our family and we can't wait to see my son thrive here next year.

My children have both gone through the preschool and are now in the elementary program. I can not say enough great things about this school and its caring teachers and staff. There is such a strong community around this school. Twice yearly camping trips help to solidify friendships, as well as give the kids some amazing time in nature. Smaller classes insure your child receives individualized attention. And your kids really, really want to go to school every morning! A wonderful place. I hope it continues to grow!

My 3 year old started at LMS this summer in the science camp and has just begun the regular school year. I am extremely happy with our choice of schools. The teachers are excellent and care deeply about the welfare and development of their students. Unlike many other preschools, LMS doesn't use teaching assistants. The difference in quality is palpable.

Lakewood Stays true to the Montessori style of learning. My child began there at the age of 3 yrs. The caring and experienced educators have taught my child required lessons of math and reading. More importantly, they have guided my son in the most important years of his life in developing confidence, pride, patience, honesty, friendship. With these skills I feel he will be successful in life. Education provided is excellent.

Our kids started in PreK in Aug2011, and they love it. We love the teachers and the staff. The teachers are amazingly patient and gracious, and are very accepting of parental involvement. My children are learning to read now.

Once you experience a school like LMS you will have a very difficult time accepting public schools. The education is leaps and bounds better, the parents are real and friendly. The teachers are always approachable and you will be exceptionally satisfied with how much you learn about your child while they are learning. The school continues to improve yearly and we consider it a blessing that our children are here.

Our daughter is entering her second year in preschool at LMS. The teachers are great and very caring. She is able to move at her level without any pressure (which has resulted in her starting to read at age 3 1/2).

Last modified Lakewood Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5