Posted November 28, 2014
This is one great school in Dallas. It really prepares the kid for not only high school but later life as well.

Posted September 19, 2014
Having experienced lower school and middle school with a bright child, I would put St. John's up against any school in Dallas - and I went to ESD and St. Alcuin. Not just for education but for developing the whole child. I am also an employee. No school is perfect but this one strives to "be better" each year. Independent schools are required to go through an exhaustive, internal year-long study and outside evaluation by an impartial third-party team of educators. The evaluators had a hard time recommending areas of growth for St. John's. It's a very healthy school.

Posted July 31, 2014
I see why learning-challenged or lesser academically gifted young people might be in their comfort zone here, surrounded by trees and flowers and teachers who are more encouraged to sooth than to instruct. Many instructors lack certification in their field. If your son or daughter is college bound and you seek a good pre-college education for him or her, avoid St John's.

Posted April 07, 2014
The education is not worth the money spent. It is a beautiful campus with fabulous amenities inside but the education is lacking. My child was well above grade level. We met with the teacher, head of the lower school, and head of the school to discuss options. They were less than accommodating. We asked that our child be put in a higher grade for specific subjects and were told no. We asked the teacher for extra work. Her answer was initially no because she didn't want the other students to feel bad because they couldn't complete the same work. Eventually, extra work was sent home (but I can do that) she wasn't challenged while in school. We were also told that "in a few years all of the kids would be on a similar level and it wouldn't be an issue."

Posted August 16, 2013
St. John's Episcopal is an outstanding school! I have had 3 kids go through and all received excellent academics. They were well prepared for their college prep high school and gone on to enroll in honors programs in college. The best part of the school are the values and ethics that they learn. You'll find no other school like it in Dallas!

Posted June 13, 2013
This is an outstanding school. Education is thorough, teachers are compassionate, moral character is modeled. Very good school. My son excelled in his kindergarten here. Parents are engaged but not over aggressive. Great curriculum, even in the younger years. Love that there is Christian teaching as well.

Posted May 09, 2013
We live in East Dallas and have a child at St. John's who was previously in a well-regarded North Dallas preschool. We had the option of continuing in the North Dallas path, but after much research decided on St. John's and have been very happy there. Regarding academics, with some research I think you'll find that St. John's compares favorably with many of the North Dallas schools. In our research, we obtained information from admissions folks at Jesuit and Ursuline, met with a private school consultant, and generally picked the brains of parents who are plugged into the private school scene. The consensus was St. John's compares favorably with ESD, Good Shepherd, Parish, St. Monica, St. Rita, etc. We've been very happy there, but I would encourage you to do your own research in that regard and not rely too much on statements from anonymous posters on a website.

Posted April 18, 2013
St. Johns wants to charge big private school tuition and provide a second tier private school education. Everyone is expected to function at an average level and no accommodations are made for brighter students. Our child came in at a later grade and I agree with the other poster that the community is not very welcoming. Not all children are invited to participate in grade level sports teams and other social activities.

Posted April 11, 2012
There are way too many kids with learning and behavioral issues that dominate the teacher's time. Young children are also forced to sit in chapel for an hour at a time. We have seem little focus on academics.

Posted February 20, 2012
This school is nurturing and progressive. We have two kids here with learning difficulties. The teachers and principals are very accomodating to their needs. Our kids are made to feel welcome and not different. the xtra curriculars are amazing. I will keep our kids here until the 8th grade.

St. John's Episcopal School
848 Harter Rd, Dallas, TX  75218
Last modified St. John's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. John's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top